What's new

Second Hand F-16's for PAF

Status
Not open for further replies.
reason is pretty obvious jf-17 is home made product. to an external customer a full package will be in excess of 30 million
then also see the size of jf-17. we dont know about the j-10 price but it will be close to 50 million.

do u know that su 30 the most advance aircraft operational today with deadly expensive avionics of western origin costed india under 50 million...8.3 billion dollars for 230 ACs

That deal was signed way back in 1996 and even at that time it costed $50 million just for the airframe engines and radar. Just look at the upgrade cost of Mirage 2000 now...it exceeds the cost of Su 30 MKI.

You need to factor in the inflation rates too while calculating the aircraft cost. The last 43 Su 30 MKI costed around $2.5 billion even after the whole infrastructure was established.

The present cost of a Su 30 MKI comes to almost a $100 mil a peice right now.

Since your post is directed to orangzaib, I will leave the rest of post for him.

Only one correction, the views of people on "Chinese stuff" is mostly based on house-hold Chinese items they have experienced. Quality standards on such items (which generally came with very low price tag) are poor and such products are supposed to have small life.

But when you put this in bigger picture, then cost and requirements of the buyer goes high; they request supplier (Chinese in this case) to put in more effort, more quality and customize their product to meet buyer's requirement.

In that case; the quality and standards improve leading to much safer and long-term deals. Take the example of F-7Ps in PAF; when they arrived they had Chinese ejection seats, not-much good radars, avionics and EW suite. With passage of time, PAF improved its basic design by introducing some third party modules/systems in it. Now even after 24 years of service they are giving good output. The F-7PG is even modified to carry BVRs, so thats significant improvement in an aircraft that is fullfilling an interceptor role.

Sir - Your Railways is flooded with Chinese Disel engines - You Yourself Know their state.
Burma/Srilanka have Chinese made Heavy Equipment in Port buit by China which are working at 1/4th Ability.
Chinese made Ships you never see any western nation buying them. Only Pakistan Srilanka and African Nations Buy them as they give soft loans. Its better to get something when you know you cant buy anything with no hard currency in ypur pocket.

Service Life of J-6 Airframe is 2000hrs
Service Life J-7 Airframe is 3000hrs.

Never have seen a JF 17 making a vertical Charlie or doing noseup for such manovers you need Power:Weht ration of 1 . However, its a know fact this Bird is never seen flying above 500 KNOTS

i think paf now should get out of romantic love with F 16 and take decisions on reality based world around us changed quickly for airwarefare 99 percent countries buying twin engine jet we are still honeymoon package with F 16 for 36 years now we need to get out of it

i think paf now should get out of romantic love with F 16 and take decisions on reality based world around us changed quickly for airwarefare 99 percent countries buying twin engine jet we are still honeymoon package with F 16 for 36 years now we need to get out of it

I exactly think the same since years !

I am preety sure that PAF is now concentrating on getting back their remaining 14 F-16s from US and upgrading it in Turkey. Also PAC is now looking to concentrate on JF-17s and putting money there...

I am sure that J-31s will be in our fleet till 2020+...

I am preety sure that PAF is now concentrating on getting back their remaining 14 F-16s from US and upgrading it in Turkey. Also PAC is now looking to concentrate on JF-17s and putting money there...

I am sure that J-31s will be in our fleet till 2020+...

bar bar im sure
you must be zeeshan 101

Hopefully the 'used' F-16's where built sometime in the 2000's.

Hopefully the 'used' F-16's where built sometime in the 2000's.
Actually F-16A/B are better dogfighter; they were built lighter
IF we can get the lightest planes with the most powerful engines and lowest number of cycles (hours on airframe) and upgrade them in Turkey with modern AESA Radar like SABR, will be the most cost-efficient way

When the air frame gets to old; buy another used air frame, put it through MLU in Turkey and load in the electronics from the first used upgraded air frame

Lots of F-16 air frames out there; PAF has done this with the Mirages, and if Washington doesn't block it, would be an easy way to maintain qualitative parity with Indian Fourth Gen Fighters at a fraction of buy new fighters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom