What's new

Saudi crown prince to visit Pakistan by end year

To be honest, I don't think most ordinary people are too fussed about the Arab-Iranian conflict. Both cultures have influence within Pakistan and Pakistanis see both as valuable friends of the nation. At the same time, both cultures are sufficiently alien from Pakistan's own South Asian identity that people don't "identify" with one or the other.

Saudi Arabia is important for religious reasons and, given that Muslims pray five times a day, that fact would register. However, as I said, most people don't think about it consciously.

At the same time, Iranian culture is more visible in language, cuisine and some other rituals. Again, people don't think about this consciously on a day to day basis.

Bottom line, other than extremists on either side, most Pakistanis value both cultures and don't take sides in the matter.

Are you implying that Saudis buckling to US pressure and Irans firm stance against them does not come into picture at all when an average pakistani thinks about the two !
I bring USA into the context because many in Pak according to recent survey consider USA as prime threat , say even beyond India.

Are you implying that Saudis buckling to US pressure and Irans firm stance against them does not come into picture at all when an average pakistani thinks about the two !
I bring USA into the context because many in Pak according to recent survey consider USA as prime threat , say even beyond India.

I would say no. Pakistani opposition to the US is due to the drone strikes, and neither of those countries is relevant to the drones.

Here Indian slave goes again... We lost 1/6th of our country, not half. And read up, son, this is not a daycare which I'm going to read to you.

You most more than 60 % in terms of Population . And population matters more than Land because ppl makes country .

I would say no. Pakistani opposition to the US is due to the drone strikes, and neither of those countries is relevant to the drones.

I think your views are far from reality and doesnt represent the ground realities , however it could be your personal views. ...

I am asking in todays context only , and in todays context there is so much hatred for USA on the streets of Pak that USAs allies are also seen with hate and those standing upto USA's domination are seen with awe and admiration

I think your views are far from reality and doesnt represent the ground realities , however it could be your personal views. ...

I am asking in todays context only , and in todays context there is so much hatred for USA on the streets of Pak that USAs allies are also seen with hate and those standing upto USA's domination are seen with awe and admiration

Maybe we are talking two different things. I was commenting on Arab/Iranian people and culture, not the governments. Pakistanis are not against the American people, so why would they be against Arab people?

I'm sorry I know this is off topic, but I gotta reply to Icewolf and SamranAli.
First of all, when did Pakistan save the middle east ***? You say if it hadn't been for Pakistan, Middle east would be Israel. Lol what? We appreciate your contribution in the wars, but your contribution wasn't that *** saving that without it we would have been totally occupied..
Second, you keep saying Arab countries all need oil and without oil they would die. Well guess what, countries like Jordan and Lebanon barely have any oil. And Egypt has enough oil for its needs and exports a little bit only. Do you see them living on desert and riding camels?
Third, you talked about Pakistani nuclear umbrella and how it saved us. What nuclear umbrella??? Since when has there been a Pakistani nuclear umbrella for Arabs?!
Fourth, you said that you survived 1947-2012 without Saudi help. Well, Saudi Arabia helped you in sanctions and helped fund your Nuclear program. If that's not Saudi help, then what will you call Saudi help?
Fifth, you said you defended yourself from a much bigger India while we can't defend ourselves from small Israel. Israel is backed by USA and west, and USA will be there for Israel whenever it needs it. So technically we're defending ourselves from the super power USA, not the small Israel. Oh and btw, we still did defend ourselves pretty well. And you still have occupied territories in the form of Kashmir ( I'm not denying we have occupied territories too in Golan heights, West Bank & South Lebanon but don't act like you don't have any lost territories )
I'm not here to troll or start any flame wars. I'm merely replying and expressing my opinion. And I'm not in any way anti-Pakistani, and those who know me know that fact.

First of all, when did Pakistan save the middle east ***? You say if it hadn't been for Pakistan, Middle east would be Israel. Lol what? We appreciate your contribution in the wars, but your contribution wasn't that *** saving that without it we would have been totally occupied..
Second, you keep saying Arab countries all need oil and without oil they would die. Well guess what, countries like Jordan and Lebanon barely have any oil. And Egypt has enough oil for its needs and exports a little bit only. Do you see them living on desert and riding camels?
Third, you talked about Pakistani nuclear umbrella and how it saved us. What nuclear umbrella??? Since when has there been a Pakistani nuclear umbrella for Arabs?!
Fourth, you said that you survived 1947-2012 without Saudi help. Well, Saudi Arabia helped you in sanctions and helped fund your Nuclear program. If that's not Saudi help, then what will you call Saudi help?
Fifth, you said you defended yourself from a much bigger India while we can't defend ourselves from small Israel. Israel is backed by USA and west, and USA will be there for Israel whenever it needs it. So technically we're defending ourselves from the super power USA, not the small Israel. Oh and btw, we still did defend ourselves pretty well. And you still have occupied territories in the form of Kashmir ( I'm not denying we have occupied territories too in Golan heights, West Bank & South Lebanon but don't act like you don't have any lost territories

Without Pakistan's help you would be Israel. The 16 pilots we sent you trained all Arabs airforce and can you beleive that PAF pilots in there had more kils against the IAF than entire Arab Air force?

Pull up a economic map for Jordan and Lebanon.

There has always been a nuclear umbrella for Arab nations by Pakistan. Don't act naive.

Saudi Arabia did not help Pakistan nor

fund pakistan's nuclear program.

Without Pakistan's help you would be Israel. The 16 pilots we sent you trained all Arabs airforce and can you beleive that PAF pilots in there had more kils against the IAF than entire Arab Air force?

Pull up a economic map for Jordan and Lebanon.

There has always been a nuclear umbrella for Arab nations by Pakistan. Don't act naive.

Saudi Arabia did not help Pakistan nor

fund pakistan's nuclear program.
Without Pakistan' help we would all be Israel? No comment.
What economic map? You actually seriously believe that Jordan has oil?
I'm not acting naive, what nuclear umbrella?!
Yes Saudi arabia did help pakistan and fund the program, and Pakistanis on this website said so themselves.

Yes Saudi arabia did help pakistan and fund the program, and Pakistanis on this website said so themselves.

We trained you guys airforce.

You are contradicting yourself. First you said Pakistan doesnt provide nuclear shield to Arabia, and then you said Saudi Arabia is funding Pakistan's nuclear programme. So why Saudi funded Pakistan's nuclear program? To get a nuclear shield. Makes sense, no?

The way things are going on in Pakistan and if the sons and daughters of the current politicians come to power the foundation stone for which has been already laid by allowing dual nationality holders to sit in the parliament and that the PM and President cannot have any case raised against them by anyone during their tenure and it may also include Ministers and governors as well and the whole senate and Parliament;

And

When the first line of princess pass away and the power shifts to the second line generation and/or third line generation

the relation between Pakistan and KSA wont be like that in 70s and 80s or even today, and Pakistan would very much be five countries

I wish i am wrong but this is what i can imagine given how efficiently and correctly Pakistan is being run.

Those who are saying KSA is ally of US, what about the government and army of Pakistan?

Aren't they allies of USA by;

- allowing the drones?

- by not shooting down the drones ( probably the army with the permission of USA might shoot one or two drones for public consumption to show that the army and government is against the drones)

- by giving all the civilian rights possible and if not possible then it is made sure that they are made possible to the US citizens in Pakistan which should be with the Pakistani citizens?

- by running the country the way US wants and in a way that ensures that US can be made happy.

- by allowing them to kill our soldiers again and again

Did KSA elect all our intelligent and hard working and eligible

Ministers of Education - who have succeeded in providing free decent education to all the citizens as per the constitution

Ministers of Electricity and Water - who have succeeded to ensure that all Pakistani have access to uninterrupted supply of clean drinking water and uninterrupted electricity to all the citizens

Ministers of Islamic Affairs - who have have ensured that Sharia'ah laws are implemented correctly in the country and have succeeded to ensure that proper Quranic education is provided to all Muslims in Pakistan, and that the minorities are given all their rights.

Ministers of Interior - who have succeeded in providing safety and security to all the Pakistanis in or out of Pakistan

Ministers of Foreign Affairs - who have succeeded to implement the best foreign policies that do not contradict any interests of the nation

Ministers of Housing - who have succeeded to ensure that all poor Pakistanis are living in decent proper housing

Ministers of Social Welfare - who have succeeded to ensure that all the right and appropriate social welfare systems are in place for the Pakistanis who are un-employed, elderly, widow, orphan

Add all other ministers as well who have succeeded to ensure that their ministries are doing everything possible for the dignity and pride and prosperity of the Pakistanis in or out of Pakistan.

Fifth, you said you defended yourself from a much bigger India while we can't defend ourselves from small Israel. Israel is backed by USA and west, and USA will be there for Israel whenever it needs it. So technically we're defending ourselves from the super power USA, not the small Israel. Oh and btw, we still did defend ourselves pretty well. And you still have occupied territories in the form of Kashmir ( I'm not denying we have occupied territories too in Golan heights, West Bank & South Lebanon but don't act like you don't have any lost territories )
I'm not here to troll or start any flame wars. I'm merely replying and expressing my opinion. And I'm not in any way anti-Pakistani, and those who know me know that fact.

I'll give you a simple answer fool. Want to feel the heat? Imagine being boxed by Israel, Turkey from the west and Iran and Pakistan in cooperation with Israel from the East.

All the trouble that stems our progress are Arab related, whether you like it or not. Imagine, being a friends to Israel, India and Iran, instead of you? Look at Turkeys progress, just because of following this policy.

By the way, war is imminent, don't be so hyped about the 'arab spring' and that what you achieved. There is a difference when foreign forces are shooting to kill in comparison to confused local police.

You Egyptian, will teach us a lesson? You couldn't even get rid of one 80 year old fat man for the better part your pathetic history after the pharaohs raped and pillaged you for generations.

Never EVER compare your kind to our people or lands. Kapeesh?

Tell me of ONE ARAB KILL of Israeli aircraft? Go back and enjoy the recent 'partial' freedom you got. Oooooops be careful, GIS maybe watching what you type. Hail to the president of EGG.ypt.

Now a quiz:

Question: Name one Arab country TRULY free from internal (kings, queens and jokers) and external (US, Russia and whatever) influences?

Your choices are:

A) None
B) None
C) None

Please go and place a few imaginary farts in protest to the above question to get rid of the eternal abdominal pain.

Hyperion , and Icewolf ...

Please Stop!!!!!!!!!!!!! No need for this...

To Arabs :

NEVER form your opinion of Pakistanis by reading trolls on PDF.. Yes , we do have certain 'problems' with Arab policy...We think that you could've used your resources in a better way. We WANT you to utilize your immense money to develop your industrial might and become independent..You haven't achieved that. Why we think like that? Because we do care for you people...

Majority of Pakistanis , fortunately or unfortunately , do see Arabs as "Muslim Brothers" .... but if any average Arab looks down upon us...then he can go fcuk himself...The days when Arabs used to look down upon Pakistanis are over.

This thread is such a mess.....

Auz. I have been pretty decent and calculative in my responses. Did you read through them?

Majority of Pakistanis , fortunately or unfortunately , do see Arabs as "Muslim Brothers" .... but if any average Arab looks down upon us...then he can go fcuk himself...The days when Arabs used to look down upon Pakistanis are over.

This thread is such a mess.....

Back
Top Bottom