What's new

Russia-Ukraine War - News and Developments

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remember that even when Nazi Germany steamrolled Poland in what is regarded as basically destroying an unarmed opponent as a war crime, they still lost 17k soldiers, 270 planes and 1000+ vehicles even though they had far more planes, vehicles and soldiers. Poland was far smaller and poorer than Germany at the time. Russian expeditionary military is actually smaller than Ukrainian.

Ukraine is not that strong besides can Ukraine fight for years and possible for decades? I don't think so imho Ukraine will have stomach to fight only max 12 months and thats about it.. Example in Afghanistan they just vacated into mountains from the get go and they had no intention of standing infront of US shock and awe invasion they just vanished into the mountains and the question is why because they knew this by experience via the soviets and didn't view this as sprint but as long azz marathon

This is what Mullah said in the first interview at the night of the attack... ''You have all the watches but we have the time'' He already knew this was gonna be a long campaign and extreme battle of attrition his experienced because he was one of them fighting 9 years the Soviets hence he knows how this always plays out and that comment comes from a place of experience

Hey sweetcheeks

Finding the 9/11 hijackers passports from the WTC rubble is more likely..

main-qimg-90268006bea2c3f76621a7569872aca4-lq.jpeg

What Russia is doing in Ukraine is nothing but staggering. Not only militarily but also geopolitically. Russia effectively is challenging and beating the post-Cold War Euro-American world order.
Challenging, yes. But beating, no. Russia have many social issues, from declining birth rates to alcoholism to stagnant economy. This is the last gasp of a has-been superpower.

Ukraine is not that strong besides can Ukraine fight for years and possible for decades? I don't think so imho Ukraine will have stomach to fight only max 12 months and thats about it.. Example in Afghanistan they just vacated into mountains from the get go and they had no intention of standing infront of US shock and awe invasion..

This is what Mullah said in the first interview at the night of the attack... ''You have all the watches but we have the time'' He already knew this was gonna be a long campaign his experienced because he was one of them fighting 9 years the Soviets hence he knows how this always plays out and that comment comes from a place of experience
They can't. Ukraine is going to be defeated. But this is what happens when 2 even slightly comparable mechanized forces fight each other. France and Poland managed to inflict severe losses on Germany but still got conquered in the end.

US also outnumbered Iraq in 1991 and had almost equal numbers in 2003 while Russia went in with 1/2 the troops Ukraine had. Russia did seem to underestimate Ukraine. Now they're fixing their mistake.

I think the underestimation in Ukrainian resistance is true. On top of that I think Russia is trying to minimize civilian casualties in eastern Ukraine because they do intend to hold it directly or hold it by proxy and have the Ukrainian government negotiate and agree to it.

Challenging, yes. But beating, no. Russia have many social issues, from declining birth rates to alcoholism to stagnant economy. This is the last gasp of a has-been superpower.
CHALO....GAME OVER....

Serbia looks very isolated in Europe.

I love how Afghanistan just came out of a 10 year long occupation by NATO and is till against Putin. lol Tells you a lot about Russia's Afghanistan brutality. Not easily forgotten.

Afghans... Are anti every foreign occupation... Be it Russia, American NATO, or even Pakistani. That's they way they are.

Ukraine is not that strong besides can Ukraine fight for years and possible for decades? I don't think so imho Ukraine will have stomach to fight only max 12 months and thats about it.. Example in Afghanistan they just vacated into mountains from the get go and they had no intention of standing infront of US shock and awe invasion they just vanished into the mountains and the question is why because they knew this by experience via the soviets and didn't view this as sprint but as long azz marathon

This is what Mullah said in the first interview at the night of the attack... ''You have all the watches but we have the time'' He already knew this was gonna be a long campaign and extreme battle of attrition his experienced because he was one of them fighting 9 years the Soviets hence he knows how this always plays out and that comment comes from a place of experience
This is beautifully put. Good to see someone who understands Afghan insurgency model and tactics, finally. No tall claims but reality.

Afghan Taliban lost thousands of fighters to NATO forces in direct clashes - Afghan Taliban eventually realized what they were up against and switched to sabotaging tactics. They began to target Afghan government instead. This worked.

Ukrainian fighting spirit surprised many as well. Ukrainian insurgency can last long if NATO provides support.

I think the underestimation in Ukrainian resistance is true. On top of that I think Russia is trying to minimize civilian casualties in eastern Ukraine because they do intend to hold it directly or hold it by proxy and have the Ukrainian government negotiate and agree to it.
That is also true. But now they're gloves off. They have to win. No choice.

Notice how Ukrainian media only posts individual photos of burning vehicles and single captured Russian soldiers. They've rarely posted video of them shooting, just the aftermath. This shows they're only able to inflict tactical damage.

Russia meanwhile has shown video of entire groups of POWs rounded up, videos of their helicopters opening fire, pictures of entire destroyed convoys... It is strategic victory.

They can't. Ukraine is going to be defeated. But this is what happens when 2 even slightly comparable mechanized forces fight each other. France and Poland managed to inflict severe losses on Germany but still got conquered in the end.

France? damage? Nah brah they surrendered in 9 days. They inflicted nothing and Poland was basically streamrolled by the germans like an afternoon snack.

Ukraine and Russia are not even in armament. Russia is far ahead of Ukraine but Ukraine was arming itself currently at much higher rate but Russia found out about that and intervened here before all of her programs came to be because Ukraine had just activated mass modernization but they never got thru because Russia invaded by 2025 they would have had much stronger army then now.

Ukraine has weak airforce and weak ADS. Taiwan is 10 times better armed and more chellenging both in Airforce and ADS. Taiwanese F-16s may actully shatter the Russian airforce

This is beautifully put. Good to see someone who understands Afghan insurgency model and tactics, finally. No tall claims but reality.

Afghan Taliban lost thousands of fighters to NATO forces in direct clashes - Afghan Taliban eventually realized what they were up against and switched to sabotaging tactics. They began to target Afghan government instead. This worked.

Ukrainian fighting spirit surprised many as well. Ukrainian insurgency can last long if NATO provides support.
It won't last. Ukraine has a natural barrier in the middle of the country: the Dnieper River. All bridges on the Dnieper have been blown up by Ukraine.

That means East and West Ukraine are completely isolated from each other. Russia can just wrap up the east while mining the river and no supplies are getting through. Russia isn't active on the western side anyhow so there's no loss.

With trillions of dollars of debt and a dollar that's destined to fall off a cliff, I didn't think America's life expectancy was that high either. :wave:

Last edited:
I believe if NATO had not been extended then Russia would not militarize to this extent again.
Do you have any idea how perverse this argument really is? That was a rhetorical question. Of course not.

When the Soviet Union collapsed, was that what the satellites wanted? Of course. They are free. The severance was painful, to be sure. But now they are able to make their own decisions. As sovereign states, critical to being sovereign is independent decision making.

This is the gist of the NATO alliance argument: Your skirt is too short and you are wearing too much makeup, so you deserved to be raped.

It is blaming the victim and perverse.

With trillions of dollars of debt and a dolar that's destined to fall off a cliff, I didn't think America's life expectancy was that high either. :wave:
Been hearing that since '09 when I was invited here. I would ask you for something more original, but...:wave:

My time wasting on SDR payed off - Managed to capture Ukrainian's trolling a Russian military frequency. They hijack the conversation and shout "Glory to Ukraine" before playing the Ukrainian National Anthem. Sadly the Russians have jammed it now. I recorded the audio feel free to listen to it:

Audio File Here:

:lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom