What's new

Russia-Ukraine War - News and Developments

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lol, you think white people will stay in Europe that becomes a nuclear wasteland? No they will be moving to towns and villages near you.

We will give them food, shelter and first aid. Then after some time they will kick us out of our homes and we would start rebuilding those nuclear wastelands.

A landlocked Ukraine is a distinct possibility.
A change of the Kiev govt, if planned, was a very bad idea by Russia. Making Ukraine landlocked and occupying just enough to create a few hundred miles buffer in Eastern Ukraine while a tiny sliver of land occupied in the north close to Kiev would have been enough of 'gains' for Russia to ask for a ceasefire.
I don't think Russians had thought through enough of what they wanted out this war. The columns of Russian tanks destroyed show there wasn't enough thought given.
Russians could divide Ukraine into 2 and take and occupy the Eastern half up to Dnieper River from the East. That would be a far safer and achievable option and achieve their goal of having a buffer state and the rest of Ukraine under watch.

1. Combined arms

2. MBTs are suited for offensive ops. Infantry equipped with variety of weapons and artillery cover is good for defense. Keep armor for counter-attack, flanks, attacking weak supply lines etc
The Soviet doctrine originally was that the airforce would clear out the major bottlenecks. After that Arty with the first wave would destroy the regions with major oppositons and finally the tanks would steam roll the area just as to cover space towards the next objectives while the second and third wave would look after the pockets left. But here the absence of Airforce is the foremost reason why russians are unable to implement what they've trained to do. Also arty is not being used to prevent collateral damage. That's why instead of being used just to cover space, russian forces are forced to fight numerous set piece battles of attrition.
Also Ukrainian operational planners musr he given credit since they've chosen defensive positions well, kostl those with some sort of natural defensive line and luring them in fighting somewhat non-conventional battles.

I don't understand the Russian use of heavy armour along well kept roads. They're just funnelling their forces to predetermined kill points (so many burnt out vehicles already). Mass infantry moving through the forests to take the Ukrainian anti-tank teams is what they should be aiming for. I think they're too impatient in all this, or they're running short of money for the war.

NEVER, ever, ever, and never run your armor thru the forest, or this happens

There are two things you don't run your armor button up, in urban city, and in forest area. Because you can't see. And it's actually worse in a forest because you can dig down, which mean enemy AT team are harder to see from the inside and they can hit your tank in the best spot, the belly.

Running along road in the build up area is recommended, only if you screen your flank. You need open field to run armor, the more you can see out of a tank from the inside the better. And the stuff that you cannot see from the inside will need to have infantry walking alongside, they will be your eyes and ears.

The Soviet doctrine originally was that the airforce would clear out the major bottlenecks. After that Arty with the first wave would destroy the regions with major oppositons and finally the tanks would steam roll the area just as to cover space towards the next objectives while the second and third wave would look after the pockets left. But here the absence of Airforce is the foremost reason why russians are unable to implement what they've trained to do. Also arty is not being used to prevent collateral damage. That's why instead of being used just to cover space, russian forces are forced to fight numerous set piece battles of attrition.
Also Ukrainian operational planners musr he given credit since they've chosen defensive positions well, kostl those with some sort of natural defensive line and luring them in fighting somewhat non-conventional battles.
Russian strategy is called Mario Kart, characterized by speeding into cities and encountering stiff resistance where enemies throw bombs and rockets down at your vehicles from the windows.

Meanwhile the propaganda is still in full swing;

6FFC196E-9B42-4486-A9BF-41CEA0BB2261.jpeg
0E7D0951-75CD-4241-9DBD-5146DE4067C4.jpeg

NEVER, ever, ever, and never run your armor thru the forest, or this happens

There are two things you don't run your armor button up, in urban city, and in forest area. Because you can't see. And it's actually worse in a forest because you can dig down, which mean enemy AT team are harder to see from the inside and they can hit your tank in the best spot, the belly.

Running along road in the build up area is recommended, only if you screen your flank. You need open field to run armor, the more you can see out of a tank from the inside the better. And the stuff that you cannot see from the inside will need to have infantry walking alongside, they will be your eyes and ears.
You are back after quite some time.

My take on this...And applies to anyone, not just Germany...

The closer you are to a potential war adversary, the more you should be ready to display the Big Stick. And I believe post Cold War western Europe have been seduced by wealth, granted generated by themselves, into believing that disputes can be resolved by small sticks. The US is strong enough to stand on its own and maybe NATO is dated. But if not NATO, or even do away with NATO, a mutual defense alliance in the mold of NATO is inevitable. The argument that Poutine was somehow 'pushed' into this war because all he wanted is a neutral Ukraine is ludicrous. There is no such thing as neutrality and the idea of a 'legal' neutral status is a soothing fiction. A sugar pill that everyone is willing to take even though they know it is useless. I said in this thread earlier that there are two types of club membership: explicit and implicit. Those who swallowed that sugar pill of legal neutrality are implicit NATO members and Poutine knows it.

This explicitly means two things.

1.) Everybody need an alliance. You go neutral, you are the odd man out.
2.) Appeasement does not work.

Set aside Putin narrative for war (I keep telling people this war is not about Ukraine, nobody cares...anyway) what Putin want is not what Putin want, he want to stay on top of things, he wanted to be in control, but that is one thing he can control people within his border, it is another thing he can control the action outside his border, you can say this is where is insecurity come from, while we all accept the fact that people have independent thinking. He can't. This is not about ego, this is not about what other people do, this, the entire wat, is about CONTROL.

Things is when you ignore other people will and try to control them, they, well, fight back. I sincerely think Putin thought all these people will just drop their arms and go home when he tell them to. Otherwise there are no reasonable explanation that he would actually start this war. This is a zero gain war, basically, in specific term, even Putin win this war, he will lost the batter against NATO, you don't even need a general or half competent politician to see that.

As for Ukraine, Ukraine was a threat to Russia (At least in Putin Mind) is because they are neutral. He can take either they are with them, or they are against them. But neutral give Putin a extra layer of uncertainty, will they turn? will they remain? What will they do? All these question is what playing trick in his mind, not knowing is actually worse then they are hostile.

I don't know if that make sense to you....

03CAFC35-385A-44B9-94C3-4AE372416BB1.png

F687A669-AF86-46C2-B00E-886E2EC8F5DF.jpeg

It would appear the fighter jets being supplied to Ukraine under the EFP will be Slovakian Mig-29’s.

Mayor of southern Ukrainian city says Russians have taken control​

From CNN's Tim Lister in Kyiv and Olya Voinovich

Oleksandr Svidlo, the acting mayor of Berdyansk on Ukraine's southern coast, has said that Russian forces have entered and taken control of the city.
Berdyansk, which has a small naval base, has a population of about 100,000.
Svidlo posted a message to the city's residents on his Facebook page Sunday which said, "A few hours ago, you and I witnessed how heavy military equipment and armed soldiers entered the city and began advancing throughout our hometown. As soon as I learned about that, I tried to inform all the residents of the city so that you have the opportunity to hide in shelters."
Svidlo continued: "Some time ago, armed soldiers entered the executive committee building and introduced themselves as soldiers of the Russian army, they informed us that all administrative buildings were under their control and that they were taking control of the executive committee building."
Svidlo said that officials were asked to continue working, "but under the control of armed men. I consider this proposal unacceptable, so we, as all members of the operational headquarters, left the building of the executive committee."
Svidlo ended his post, saying, "Today Berdyansk was on the line of fire. I don't know what tomorrow will be like, but I think tonight will be very, very hard."

Russia reported the destruction of an unspecified number of Ukrainian MiG-29s at the Ivano-Frankivsk airstrip on Saturday. Five MiG-29 destroyers, Ukraine's most advanced aircraft, can be counted in a video released by the Russian Defense Ministry..The authenticity of the video could not be confirmed.

1646016927746.png

Mayor of southern Ukrainian city says Russians have taken control​

From CNN's Tim Lister in Kyiv and Olya Voinovich

Oleksandr Svidlo, the acting mayor of Berdyansk on Ukraine's southern coast, has said that Russian forces have entered and taken control of the city.
Berdyansk, which has a small naval base, has a population of about 100,000.
Svidlo posted a message to the city's residents on his Facebook page Sunday which said, "A few hours ago, you and I witnessed how heavy military equipment and armed soldiers entered the city and began advancing throughout our hometown. As soon as I learned about that, I tried to inform all the residents of the city so that you have the opportunity to hide in shelters."
Svidlo continued: "Some time ago, armed soldiers entered the executive committee building and introduced themselves as soldiers of the Russian army, they informed us that all administrative buildings were under their control and that they were taking control of the executive committee building."
Svidlo said that officials were asked to continue working, "but under the control of armed men. I consider this proposal unacceptable, so we, as all members of the operational headquarters, left the building of the executive committee."
Svidlo ended his post, saying, "Today Berdyansk was on the line of fire. I don't know what tomorrow will be like, but I think tonight will be very, very hard."
It fell into Russian Control at Lunch time yesterday local time , just not reported by so called “credible” sources because unless you are a sheep or are a Russian shill.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom