What's new

Russia-Ukraine War - News and Developments

Status
Not open for further replies.
Two things.

1.) Russia no doubt (At least in my mind) underestimated Ukraine warfighting capability. Notice that even with light anti-tank weapon like N-Law the British give them, and Javelin (From the US), those are still quite capable weapon if they were used in a right condition. Now, we all know the Ukrainian have those weapon, that is not even a secret. But I sincerely think the Russia either do not think Ukrainian know how to deploy them effectively, or even worse, they either discounted them or ignored them.

2.) Ukrainian have been adapted to how Russia fight, and Russia did not change their playbook any. Bear in mind Ukrainian has been fighting and resisting the Russian for 8 years, they should be more than adapted by now. And what Russia doing now is no different then when they were doing in Donbass, they are only doing it on a bigger scale. Which mean the Ukrainian still know where and when to hit the Russian to make it hurt.

I think your analysis is sound.
Something is missing here is that Russia may want to annex Ukraine as a whole. Which means it wants to conquor Ukraine without completeley destroying it.

Ukrainian T-80 Oplot Vs Russian T-90 would have been an interesting duel. Perhaps T-64 Bulat Vs T-72 B3.
I wouldn't expect too much tank Vs tank......both sides have similar tank qualities (OplotvT90, Bulat vs t-t72). The key observation here for Pakistani military circles will be the effectiveness of Javelin type ATGM's. IMO, PA should start thinking about acquiring HJ-12's in large quantities.

As a side note - The increase in defence spending across mainland europe that will come - does free the USA to concentrate on east asia as a side effect. A strategic mistake by Russia for sure and not good news for China ... and one that China should have seen and counselled the Russian against ???

Can NATO bog down Russia through Ukraine in this war till Russian economy is drained out as the war prolongs ?

I know this is not asked for me, but let me answer that anyway.

The short answer is yes.

There are only enough money for you to hold and use for war, after that money is gone, you cannot pay for war material, you cannot pay for wages, you cannot pay for food and etc (well, you get my point)

What NATO and the West is doing is isolating the money factor for Russia. Russia is trying to sanction proof their economy but nothing is actually sanction proof. Money is probably the number 1 factor for all wars. So if you hit people with their money, it's usually is where it hurts.

What the sanction do is freeze Russian Asset in US, EU and the West (including Japan some other Asian country.) Also US is putting a hit on Russian Central bank, by frozen their ability to use USD, and taking them out of SWIFT. Which mean 2 things.

1.) You cannot raise money by putting out debt to fund the war. Each debt have to be guaranteed and supported by your economy, effctively, what the US is doing is to taken out Russian ability to raise debt in USD or Euro or GBP. Which mean the Russian can either raise debt on Rouble (their currency) or Chinese Yuan. The first one is kaput, it's worth as much as toilet paper right now, which mean this is not going to be good for raising money. Yuan is the only possibility, however, that would depend on Chinese willingness to finance a war with Ukraine. I honestly don't see how, as Ukraine is China strategic partner and this war does not hurt US or EU or NATO a bit, which mean there are nothing to gain for the Chinese.

2.) Russia will have a hard time looking for parts and material in the international market. Russia is resourceful but not resource proof, there are things that Russia does not have and have to depend on outside world. And by taking them out of SWIFT, they cannot use international transfer to pay for their order. Which stop them from making supplies.

Another issue for Sanction is, it basically taken out Putin and his people money. First by taken Russian Oligarch money out of EU and force them to put it back into Russia or China or some other place that were no sanctioning them. Then US hit Russia Central bank and make their asset worthless by making rouble worthless. That will really hurt the pocket of Putin and Friends.

I think your analysis is sound.
Something is missing here is that Russia may want to annex Ukraine as a whole. Which means it wants to conquor Ukraine without completeley destroying it.
Actually, I have already said that by saying Russian intention is land grab instead of a regime change.........

But well, thanks for your input.

Would be curious to know what are Ukraine's Airforce Win % so far vs Russia
Since Russia is marching on , doubt the Ukraine Airforce has been impactful

Here we can see the western values at work. A man was executed in Kiev with 4-5 shots in the back.

https://****/c/1749154603/9014

J6NZ7.jpg

Last edited:
They didn't underestimate them, they are trying to minimize harm to civilians. In Kiev the people still have power, telephone, etc. because Russia is targeting only military targets instead of infrastructure. If they wanted to minimize their own casualties they could simply fight US style and level Kiev and Kharkov.
Oh well, then they are underestimating the Ukrainian civilian effort to raise hostilities by going soft on them.

Not sure if you understand what I said there, they have underestimated the entire situation in general, the Russian think this is more or less a "Crimea-Type" operation, which the civilian will come out and support them. I don't think this is any close to reality........

I hope there are records of those Ukranian soldiers and Russians will find them and hand the soldiers over to the Iraqis. And of course the Russians should make the world know this through a YouTube telecast.

Thank you for the info.

The Ukranian government learnt this disinfo and the art of throwing away its own people from their Western government masters.

Homelessness in america is a lifestyle choice.

So you are telling me that that person with "Need food" and "Need money" is deliberately suffering hunger and no money in a society where things depend on existence of money within a person's pocket ? Is he some monk to voluntarily suffer hunger and other deprivations ?

No, the biggest mistake is Muslim countries not acquiring highly advanced technology that make them matter. No Muslim countries today have an ambition to chase China, not to mention United States in term of technology and industry. Having nuclear weapon won't make you suddenly super power. You still need the vehicles that can bring your mass destruction weapon to your enemy's cities. Like Bomber, ICBM, Submarines, Hypersonic Missiles, etc. Without them, your nuclear warehouse will only become the primary target of enemy missiles.

Muslims attempting to build a settlement on Mars in collaboration with other humans will go a long way in development of Muslims.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom