What's new

Rickshaw puller in Dhaka earns Tk 6,300 per month: JICA study

@Indians, an honest question.

Do we still have Rickshaws in our major cities? Last time I was in India I didn't see one rickshaw anywhere. I remember seeing them in towns but not in cities. Am I wrong?

Hand Pulled rickshaws are banned in TN as it is considered inhuman.

Hand Pulled rickshaws are banned in TN as it is considered inhuman.

I believe the same was attempted in West Bengal,and it didn't work out.

We used to have cycle-rickshaws here at Hyderabad in 1990s, from 2000s i hardly saw them.

@Sami, your silliness knows no bounds. You usually post some article about your garment industry over taking India's. Now a brag about the income of rickshaw pullers. You are nothing but a bad joke. If you want to prove something make it factual instead of trying to deduce from an unrelated article. Bombay or Delhi will eat your Dakha for a snack. So it is only natural for people to go there in search of opportunity.

@Sami, your silliness knows no bounds. You usually post some article about your garment industry over taking India's. Now a brag about the income of rickshaw pullers. You are nothing but a bad joke. If you want to prove something make it factual instead of trying to deduce from an unrelated article. Bombay or Delhi will eat your Dakha for a snack. So it is only natural for people to go there in search of opportunity.

If searching for opportunity is the main factor people will go to middle east or south east Asian countries where there are money not poor india... N it is you bhartis who have said that people of bangladesh want to go to India to be a rickshaw puller or house maid... thats not something related to opportunity... no bangladeshi will go that far crossing border illegally with chances of shot dead by the murderer BSF unless they know somebody over there... and without any means of survival ... or you want to say that any one just going to bombay or delhi will get job and employer will give it without any background check or any documents!!!! N if you say like other bhartis it is to become rickshaw puller or house maid I am pointing this article to bhartis like you...

Finally we know as I said some bangladeshis did not return after 1971 war (mostly hindus) and some peopele might have gove up to 1975 or so due to famine but it is in no way 20 million bangladeshi people living illegally people... If it is true then where is the proof and why none of your ruling parties has raised the issue to bd!!! even when radical hindu group like BJP was in power!!!!

Talk with logic and proof then there can be argument else it not gonna lead to any direction... n before giving example of bombay and delhi do not forget worlds one third poor people live in India and many parts of India is far more backward then the least developed part of Bangladesh... Bangladesh always had higher per capita gdp then India ... but only due to liberation war and destruction of whole infrastructure bd legged behind then India even though up to 1975 bd had higher per capita gdp then India... but the way bd is developing the transition of bd to developed country will happen much earlier then India due to small size and small population then India... and many part of India is dirt poor...

It make me laugh when bhartis with per capita gdp 1200 USD say they are much developed then bd which has at present 751 USD per capita GDP... the difference is only 450 USD... I just wonder what bhartis will say to USA or Canada which has around 45000 USD per capita GDP... claim by bhartis that they are developed is just like countries like jordan and syria claiming they are much developed then Iraq which has less than half per capita GDP then the 2 still has the potential to be more developed even then saudi in the long run... same case also apply to bhartis....

If searching for opportunity is the main factor people will go to middle east or south east Asian countries where there are money not poor india... N it is you bhartis who have said that people of bangladesh want to go to India to be a rickshaw puller or house maid... thats not something related to opportunity... no bangladeshi will go that far crossing border illegally with chances of shot dead by the murderer BSF unless they know somebody over there... and without any means of survival ... or you want to say that any one just going to bombay or delhi will get job and employer will give it without any background check or any documents!!!! N if you say like other bhartis it is to become rickshaw puller or house maid I am pointing this article to bhartis like you...

Finally we know as I said some bangladeshis did not return after 1971 war (mostly hindus) and some peopele might have gove up to 1975 or so due to famine but it is in no way 20 million bangladeshi people living illegally people... If it is true then where is the proof and why none of your ruling parties has raised the issue to bd!!! even when radical hindu group like BJP was in power!!!!

Talk with logic and proof then there can be argument else it not gonna lead to any direction... n before giving example of bombay and delhi do not forget worlds one third poor people live in India and many parts of India is far more backward then the least developed part of Bangladesh... Bangladesh always had higher per capita gdp then India ... but only due to liberation war and destruction of whole infrastructure bd legged behind then India even though up to 1975 bd had higher per capita gdp then India... but the way bd is developing the transition of bd to developed country will happen much earlier then India due to small size and small population then India... and many part of India is dirt poor...

It make me laugh when bhartis with per capita gdp 1200 USD say they are much developed then bd which has at present 751 USD per capita GDP... the difference is only 450 USD... I just wonder what bhartis will say to USA or Canada which has around 45000 USD per capita GDP... claim by bhartis that they are developed is just like countries like jordan and syria claiming they are much developed then Iraq which has less than half per capita GDP then the 2 still has the potential to be more developed even then saudi in the long run... same case also apply to bhartis....

Nothing new from you as expected. People who have the opportunity to escape to wealthier countries do so. Others come to India. You can copy paste the same stuff all you want. But India is a huge country which is developing fast. Indian economy is 14 times Bangladesh's. So there is a lot more opportunity here. Size does matter in this case. There is a reason why people go to US in search of opportunity instead of Lichtenstein which has a better per capita GDP.

Now you can reply me by copy-pasting .

I have never seen a biggest ignorant foolish bharti then you.... those Income is 2 year old story ... now it has risen dramatically then that... N according to a idiot like you.... bd people would not like to be a rickshaw puller in Bangladesh but would want to be that illegally in India despite there are chances of earning a high amount in Bangladesh... the reason for posting this thread is to demolish irritating and false claims made by bhartis that bd people are going to India illegally to become a rickshaw puller or house maid in India...

Get a life and stop being fooled by the radical hindu politicians during the time of election that 20 million bangladeshis are living in India illegally... we all know that a big chunk of hindu did not return to bangladesh after 1971 and later has taken their relatives to India with the backing of Indian politicians... and giving bribe to BSF... but there are no proof what so ever 20 million bangladeshis are living in India illegally when the amount is almost 15% of the total bangladeshi population... Nither any bharti perty has given any proof for that nor we have seen any dramatic decrease of Bangladeshi population...

By making this sort of foolish claims you bhartis are only making fool of yourself...

Sorry, same foolish bharti again, Mr Bang. I did not create the thread with this old story here. So dont blame me. We dont know the rise in income of bangladeshi rickshaw pullers. I only replied because you wanted to make a logical argument using this data. But that logic seems to be flawed. All you wanted to prove was "even rickshaw pullers in dhaka earn 6300tk pm" so why need to go any where. But ended up proving "only rickshaw pullers in dhaka earn 6300tk", the rest ordinary poor people (even police officers) earn much less than them. Also I showed the link which says so many Bangs are trying to be illegal rickshaw puller in dhaka. Now not everybody cant be rickshaw puller in dhaka hence the effect on immigration is next to nothing.

Nothing new from you as expected. People who have the opportunity to escape to wealthier countries do so. Others come to India. You can copy paste the same stuff all you want. But India is a huge country which is developing fast. Indian economy is 14 times Bangladesh's. So there is a lot more opportunity here. Size does matter in this case. There is a reason why people go to US in search of opportunity instead of Lichtenstein which has a better per capita GDP.

Now you can reply me by copy-pasting .

Nothing also new from bhartis like you...but at 1st let me blast your USA example... russia is much more bigger then USA but does it mean that people will be interested to go to Russia then USA or even Canada... I am not considering size here... and I am not also talking about it.... But what I said Bhartis has 1200 usd per capita gdp (nominal) and bd has 751 USD... as described by president few daus back... It only able to develop more then bd as it has not been affected by any major disastrous event like bd faced in 1971... but does not necessarily Bhartis will maintain it forever ... by 2030 it will be slowed significantly but hardly it will be the case for Bangladesh... what bd needs just to focus on power sector and improve infrastructure then majority of the International business will come to bd then India even the existing Indian ones...as it will be low cost in bd and bd has lots of other facilities in the arena then the bhartis... So whatever blah blah blah you are talking about India is past story ... as bd has not started to come to its real potential... just compare what was bd in 1990 and what is right now.. by 2020 there will be more dramatic changes... this is not only bd other 2 sleeping giants nigeria and pakistan along with bd will eat up Indias and chinas manufacturing business as all of these countries will provide cheap labor source...

Bangladesh will remain ahead then the other 2 cause of its educated youth ... as I said couple of times earlier according to the super cycle report of standard chartered bank Bangladesh will produce worlds 5th largest graduate pools ... n compared to total population it will be 1.7 times higher then India by 2030...

As educated youth is the major source of countries development and bd will have more then India in term of total population so you can easily expect to see the differences...

As I said before bd always had higher per capita gdp then bhartis up to 1975 ... it is not something like far reach or absolutely impossible target in the coming decades... N for obvious reason the transition of bd from developing to developed country will happen much earlier then India as even 2030-2040 there will be many dirt poor people will live in India (now one third of the worlds poor people live there) and it will not be possible to develop every corner of India by then...

Now the main issue illegal migration... where is you proof... n why none of your government has raised the issue to bangladesh if really 20 million people are living there illegally in the poor India.... and why there is no dramatic reduction in the total bangladeshi population as if really 20 million illegal migration would have happened there should be a dramatic decrease of the bd population as that number is almost 15% of the total bd population... do not you think so... if not then provide proof and logic.... or keep on believing the ranting of radical hindu politicians during the time of election...

Nothing also new from bhartis like you...but at 1st let me blast your USA example... russia is much more bigger then USA but does it mean that people will be interested to go to Russia then USA or even Canada... I am not considering size here... and I am not also talking about it.... But what I said Bhartis has 1200 usd per capita gdp (nominal) and bd has 751 USD... as described by president few daus back... It only able to develop more then bd as it has not been affected by any major disastrous event like bd faced in 1971... but does not necessarily Bhartis will maintain it forever ... by 2030 it will be slowed significantly but hardly it will be the case for Bangladesh... what bd needs just to focus on power sector and improve infrastructure then majority of the International business will come to bd then India even the existing Indian ones...as it will be low cost in bd and bd has lots of other facilities in the arena then the bhartis... So whatever blah blah blah you are talking about India is past story ... as bd has not started to come to its real potential... just compare what was bd in 1990 and what is right now.. by 2020 there will be more dramatic changes... this is not only bd other 2 sleeping giants nigeria and pakistan along with bd will eat up Indias and chinas manufacturing business as all of these countries will provide cheap labor source...

Bangladesh will remain ahead then the other 2 cause of its educated youth ... as I said couple of times earlier according to the super cycle report of standard chartered bank Bangladesh will produce worlds 5th largest graduate pools ... n compared to total population it will be 1.7 times higher then India by 2030...

As educated youth is the major source of countries development and bd will have more then India in term of total population so you can easily expect to see the differences...

As I said before bd always had higher per capita gdp then bhartis up to 1975 ... it is not something like far reach or absolutely impossible target in the coming decades... N for obvious reason the transition of bd from developing to developed country will happen much earlier then India as even 2030-2040 there will be many dirt poor people will live in India (now one third of the worlds poor people live there) and it will not be possible to develop every corner of India by then...

Now the main issue illegal migration... where is you proof... n why none of your government has raised the issue to bangladesh if really 20 million people are living there illegally in the poor India.... and why there is no dramatic reduction in the total bangladeshi population as if really 20 million illegal migration would have happened there should be a dramatic decrease of the bd population as that number is almost 15% of the total bd population... do not you think so... if not then provide proof and logic.... or keep on believing the ranting of radical hindu politicians during the time of election...

You are relentless aren't you?

By size I didn't mean geographical size but the size of economy. Which should be obvious.

India is more literate , has more , infinitely better higher education system. I don't know why you keep bringing up some weird stats which claims BD will produce more graduates.

I am not trying to ridicule your country here. I know India is a poor country with a lot of problems too. So you don't have to give me reasons for the problems and poverty. But if you are going to compare my country against yours and try to prove you are better, I have no other choice but to put you down.

Bangladesh's population growth has reduced dramatically over the few years. Your country has a population growth less than India's not because of your successful birth control program but due to mass migration. Yes now I said it.

You are relentless aren't you?

By size I didn't mean geographical size but the size of economy. Which should be obvious.

India is more literate , has more , infinitely better higher education system. I don't know why you keep bringing up some weird stats which claims BD will produce more graduates.

I am not trying to ridicule your country here. I know India is a poor country with a lot of problems too. So you don't have to give me reasons for the problems and poverty. But if you are going to compare my country against yours and try to prove you are better, I have no other choice but to put you down.

Bangladesh's population growth has reduced dramatically over the few years. Your country has a population growth less than India's not because of your successful birth control program but due to mass migration. Yes now I said it.

I have heard the biggest joke from a bhartis in this forum... growth rate also depends on fertility rate.... at present bd woman has a ferility rate of 2.1 children per woman which was 7-8 children in between 1970-1990... so come here with some new idea other then your diluted logic....

N again the growth rate has reduced but not the total population ... so where is the missing 20 million... this is not a small number that it will just vanish like magic....

Think with logic instead just hearing ranting of radical hindu politicians ... during the time of election..

I have heard the biggest joke from a bhartis in this forum... growth rate also depends on fertility rate.... at present bd woman has a ferility rate of 2.1 children per woman which was 7-8 children in between 1970-1990... so come here with some new idea other then your diluted logic....

N again the growth rate has reduced but not the total population ... so where is the missing 20 million... this is not a small number that it will just vanish like magic....

Think with logic instead just hearing ranting of radical hindu politicians ... during the time of election..

Bang , which other big jokes have you heard in this forum?
BTW low birthrate is good for you, you need it. Already it is overpopulated, and on top of it, climate change.

Fertility is derived from crude birth rate. Not the other way round.

hey dude stick to your thread !!!!
don't rant ..
your post is reported to mods

Why do you have to hide behind moderators when sami is only opening the bottle of your lies about our immigration to your country where there are a plenty of hypocrites like you are living. It also exposes the myth of your very developed europe-like country. You guys are very stupid to come up with your big mouth talking of your developments while millions of you guys live in slums!

You should be ashamed of your Caste system that does not allow vertical mobility in the society. Instead of looking after your dirt-poor country, you guys come here with continuous rant that there are 20million (not 200 million?) BDs in India. Note that our unemployment rate is only 2.4% as declared by the govt. In the villages it is very difficult to find labours.

Why then our people should take a stealth helicopter ride to fly over your multi-billion dollar fence? Let Indians live in their fenced RAJMAHAL, we have no business there. But, do not please send illegal immigrants to other countries that also include Bangladesh, where even a Rickshawala can earn more than a govt gazetted officer in India.

Bang , which other big jokes have you heard in this forum?
BTW low birthrate is good for you, you need it. Already it is overpopulated, and on top of it, climate change.

what happened to your previous account!!! was it banned... or you need another ban...

But anyway come to the real point .... will you shed some light where is the missing 20 million population!!!!

Fertility is derived from crude birth rate. Not the other way round.

Stupidity knows no bounds.... just look how it has decreased... even up to 2008 it was more then 3... now it has come just under 3.... so population of bd has never decreased instead increased at a high rate and there are no trace of missing 20 million.... so instead of talking just like ignorant fools show us where is that missing 20 million when never bd population has decreased... as I said earlier that is not a small amount .. it is gonna vanish and no body will not know anything about it....

Bangladesh Total fertility rate - Demographics

The data is from CIA world fact book:

Year Total fertility rate Rank Percent Change Date of Information
2003 3.17 82 2003 est.
2004 3.13 77 -1.26 % 2004 est.
2005 3.13 78 0.00 % 2005 est.
2006 3.11 75 -0.64 % 2006 est.
2007 3.09 71 -0.64 % 2007 est.
2008 3.08 71 -0.32 % 2008 est.
2009 2.74 82 -11.04 % 2009 est.
2010 2.65 79 -3.28 % 2010 est.

what happened to your previous account!!! was it banned... or you need another ban...

But anyway come to the real point .... will you shed some light where is the missing 20 million population!!!!

Sami, you must be a very bad boy! Why do you shame the big-mouth Indians by asking a direct question like "Where is the missing 20 million BD population!!!" They have no answer to this kind of specific question. They come up with this kind of accusition when there are issues like Felani murder by their coward and panicked BSF.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom