What's new

Rickshaw puller in Dhaka earns Tk 6,300 per month: JICA study

@Indians, an honest question.

Do we still have Rickshaws in our major cities? Last time I was in India I didn't see one rickshaw anywhere. I remember seeing them in towns but not in cities. Am I wrong?

Do we still have Rickshaws in our major cities? Last time I was in India I didn't see one rickshaw anywhere. I remember seeing them in towns but not in cities. Am I wrong?

I have seen in Kolkata, Agra, kanpur. Not seen in Delhi, mumbai, hyderabad, pune

@true_indian why are you making a mockery out of yourself by acknowledging BSF takes bribe? They are supposed to be professionals. Regarding immigration if you ever come to dhaka(legally), goto Bashundhara city's 8th floor and look for WB accent in certain shops(obviously they deny their lineage).

So in this thread somehow op wants to imply that Bangladesh spends more extravagantly than India when it comes to rickshaw rides?

What kind of logic is this, Bangladeshi rickshaw pullers earn 6300 Taka a month so obviously Bangladeshis don't migrate to India? Firstly 6300 taka is about 4000 INR, so if there's a lazy Bangladeshis he would still be better off in India. Secondly not every unemployed person in Bangladesh can become a rickshaw puller, who's going to ride the rickshaws then? According to CIA factbook about 40% of the Bangladesh population is underemployed; many participants in the labor force work only a few hours a week, at low wages. So clearly rickshaw pulling industry doesn't have enough employment opportunities for all the poor people?

I have an honest question to Bangladeshis, why do you think India keeps saying that theres a lot of illegal Bangladeshis migrants in India? What are we getting out of it? I have heard the reason that "India wants to get rid of Its Muslim Bengali population" before, anything else apart from that will be appreciated.
:cheers:

I have seen in Kolkata, Agra, kanpur. Not seen in Delhi, mumbai, hyderabad, pune

There are still loads everywhere. In the bigger cities you don't see them on the main roads, but they are there, usually used as a local means of transport, cause people are lazy and rickshaw ride is affordable.

In my place Rikshaw charges roughly 15 Rs per km, now do a simple math and guess how much they must have been making and multiply that with 1.5 to get the equivalent in Bangladeshi currency.

Heck the cha-cig seller outside my office must be making more than what this poor developer gets at the start of every month. :(

So in this thread somehow op wants to imply that Bangladesh spends more extravagantly than India when it comes to rickshaw rides?

What kind of logic is this, Bangladeshi rickshaw pullers earn 6300 Taka a month so obviously Bangladeshis don't migrate to India? Firstly 6300 taka is about 4000 INR, so if there's a lazy Bangladeshis he would still be better off in India. Secondly not every unemployed person in Bangladesh can become a rickshaw puller, who's going to ride the rickshaws then? According to CIA factbook about 40% of the Bangladesh population is underemployed; many participants in the labor force work only a few hours a week, at low wages. So clearly rickshaw pulling industry doesn't have enough employment opportunities for all the poor people?

I have an honest question to Bangladeshis, why do you think India keeps saying that theres a lot of illegal Bangladeshis migrants in India? What are we getting out of it? I have heard the reason that "India wants to get rid of Its Muslim Bengali population" before, anything else apart from that will be appreciated.
:cheers:

Who cares what you guys earn in India. Stop BD bashing and stick to the thread.

Lol, such an Ignorant person. Do travel ur country frequently.

Riding on Rickshaw is getting costly a days, almost equals to the autorickshaw's at near distance. One day, I have met a rickshaw puller who came to Dhaka for earning money for his house repairing (Aluminium Sheds). On asking, he said the amount he hopes to earn within 7 days the amount he needs.

And, on present days we dont get surprised to see most rickshaw pullers talking with their own cellphones. Just 5 year ago, it was really a joke. But, they just know how to receive and end the call. Most of the time, they take the passengers help to change settings, find/adding someones number.

Pakistani Nationalist, we are not talking about auto-rickshaw. Please read the thread again.

In that case I don't think any Pakistani cities have these kind of Rickshaws. In fact Islamabad don't even have auto rickshaws.

:rolleyes:

There are many poor countries in Africa, or as Afghanistan. And they don't have any Manual Rickshaw in their country. It's inhuman. Why we can not stop Rickshaw pulling yet? Upssss, I think we will never can do that.

There are many poor countries in Africa, or as Afghanistan. And they don't have any Manual Rickshaw in their country. It's inhuman. Why we can not stop Rickshaw pulling yet? Upssss, I think we will never can do that.

Have u visited the other cities/towns than Dhaka recently? There are swelling numbers of chinese auto-electric-babytaxis replacing the rickshaw rapidly. As, that auto-electric has not been permitted in Dhaka we are yet to see the replacement.

Have u visited the other cities/towns than Dhaka recently? There are swelling numbers of chinese auto-electric-babytaxis replacing the rickshaw rapidly. As, that auto-electric has not been permitted in Dhaka we are yet to see the replacement.

Ohh, yes it is. I saw in Narayangonj. And in Dhaka too, in sub-streets like in Basundhara. The govt, human right and non-govt organizations should work for that. It's very inhuman to me to pull someone being someone for living life.

In my place Rikshaw charges roughly 15 Rs per km, now do a simple math and guess how much they must have been making and multiply that with 1.5 to get the equivalent in Bangladeshi currency.

Heck the cha-cig seller outside my office must be making more than what this poor developer gets at the start of every month. :(

In which fools world do you live or do you think other people lives in that world.... when Taxi and Auto Rickshaw fair in India is not 15 rupee per Kilo meter you have come with a claim that in kolkata per kilo meter rickshaw charge 15 rupee!!!!

Just to refresh your mind....

Delhi Traffic Police, New Delhi (India) - Auto Taxi Fare, Auto Rickshaw Fare

Taxi (Black &Yellow Top)

Auto Rickshaw
Fare
Rs 20/- for first Kilometer (upon downing the meter) and thereafter Rs. 11.00/- per Kilometer for Non-AC taxis and Rs . 13.00/ per Kilometer for AC taxis for every additional Kilometer
Fare Rs 19/- for first fall of 2 Kilometer (upon downing the meter) and thereafter Rs. 6.50/- per Kilometer for every additional Kilometer
Night Charges 25% of the fare (11:00 PM to 5:00 AM) Night Charges 25% of the fare (11:00 PM to 5:00 AM)
Waiting Charges Rs 30/- per hour or part thereof (Subject to a minimum of 15 minutes stay) Waiting Charges Rs 30/- per hour or part thereof (Subject to a minimum of 15 minutes stay)
Luggage Rs. 10/- shall be charged as extra luggage charges whereas the driver/ operator shall not charge and money for a shopping bag or a small suitcase Luggage Rs. 7.50/- shall be charged as extra luggage charges whereas the driver/ operator shall not charge and money for a shopping bag or a small suitcase

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom