What's new

Q/A about Bangladesh

Legal fire arms...ha ha ha...correct me but as far as I know you buy them only if you have too many illegal ones.

That's the problem with almost all cities in south asia. Most of them sucks either due to no electricity or no sewerage or no infrastructure etc..

btw, how are these areas doing, Kushtia, dinajpur ? Has the kaptai lane being broadened now ? If i remember it correctly, it stretches from sholoshahar in Chottogram right to that Hydroelectric power plant ?

where is my answer :argh::argh::argh: :bounce::bounce::bounce:

oh! Noapara Kon District E? And when did you leave BD?

a place called raozan sounds familiar to you :D

ps. no more personal details !!! Just tell me how those places will look like these days :D

a place called raozan sounds familiar to you :D

ps. no more personal details !!! Just tell me how those places will look like these days :D

sorry buddy I went there only once and also long time back, it was a beautiful place, but too hot. You can visit this site..
দিনাজপুর জেলা তথ্য বাতায়নে আপনাকে স্বাগতম

But the information might not be up to date.....sorkari jinis bole kotha. :P

Ok i have question, how many guns can a bangladeshi civilian legally buy and keep. As far as i know, it is two, one shotgun/rifle and one pistol/revolver. Is this true?

You can have as many as you want, the 2 gun rule was not established quite a long time back. My father has one shotgun, one rifle and one pistol. My uncle has like 7, but he inherited most of them from his father. The laws have been changed again, last I heard that if the gun owner dies then his son can inherit the firearms, but only 2 of em:cry:. On the other hand i will be soon getting my shotgun license soon:victory:

In Bangladesh we follow the Arms Act, 1837.

General Rules for Possession of Fire Arms:

1. In Bangladesh, everyone has to get their license from the Deputy Commissioner or Home Ministry
of our country, to possess any kind of fire arms like Shotgun, Pistol , Revolver & Rifle.

2. There is an age limit to possess fire Arms. For Shotgun it is 25 + and For Revolver / Pistol / Rifle it
is 30 +. That is, anybody whose age is below 25 can not apply for a Shotgun License.

3. Nobody can Possess Shotgun and Rifle at a time. Also, possession of Revolver and Pistol at a time
is not possible. That is, one can possess only Shotgun & Pistol, but not Shotgun and Rifle at a
time. That is either Shotgun or Rifle and either Revolver or Pistol.

4. There is also restriction for the Calibre of Fire Arms. That is, one can possess up to .22, .25 (6.75
mm) and .32 ( 7.65 mm) Calibre Pistol/ Revolver. So, one can not use 9 mm Calibre Pistol or
Revolver.

The worst part is: Individual who is capable of paying income tax of minimum Tk 0.2 million will be eligible for acquiring licensed firearm.

Also, the government has re-fixed renewal fees at Tk 2,500 and Tk 2,000 for gun and small arms (pistol and revolver) respectively.

Criminals don't need a legal ownership. People affording to pay 2lakh tk in income taxes are mostly criminal and so they don't need a legal weapon. Govt can't assure security and justice for common man who will never be able to pay 2 lakh tk per annum in income taxes. So I think gun laws should be relaxed.

Criminals don't pay 2 lacs a year on taxes. 2 lacs is a lot of money in Bangladeshi perspective. The crime rate would sky rocket through the roof, hell the government does not even arm the police properly due to the police renting them out to criminals:lol:. Besides, the criminals prefer pipe guns made from pipe in dolaikhal probably. Guns are hella expensive in BD, a beretta 7.62 mm is 5-7 lacs BDT where the same gun in canada is around 800 dollars. The bullets are even more expensive, 500 taka for a bullet. I forgot what calibre our rifle is, but each bullet would cost you 300 taka.

Why do you people need gun???

Men have their hobbies. My grandfather used to hunt and so does my father. The pistol is only for self defense, since my father visits factories late night; few of the roads he uses have dakats. Basically self defense. Oh, i need a gun to keep the family tradition up, i love hunting and they badass toys to own. Your bond with your gun is like your car, its difficult to explain. Also practicing shooting at a range is awesome.

Legal fire arms...ha ha ha...correct me but as far as I know you buy them only if you have too many illegal ones.

:lol:the illegal firearms that criminals use are mostly pipe guns, you can get em for 4000 - 20000 taka, depending on what quality you are looking for. You have to know the right people. Legit guns would cost you upwards of more than 3 lacs atleast. Besides the legal firearms are strictly controlled, during BAL tenure, people that have links to BNP, their guns and ammos are regularly checked by the police and vise versa during BNP. When caretaker government comes to power, all guns in the country are submitted at your local police station along with every ammo you have to account for. Trust me, Bangladeshi guns are tightly monitored, its not like the US, where you can just go to a gun store and pickup a gun.

Ahem wild wild Bangladesh?

Where do you hunt aazidane? Sundar bon?

Ahem wild wild Bangladesh?

Where do you hunt aazidane? Sundar bon?

I've went hunting in chittagong hilltracks and faridpur in the rivers....its all in the winter season though. Ones i was lucky with a pig and I have hunted a few birds here and there near gazipur. You can't go hunting in sundarban unless you are highly connected, i ones went to sundarban for hunting, but our whole team returned empty handed, its tough as hell.

I found something interesting.

MVL1y.jpg

5iT9j.jpg

Postage stamp of 15 rupees too expensive in 60s rates.

Back
Top Bottom