What's new

Public outburst against paid & corrupt Indian Media: NDTV

Not sure about Vir Sangvi. I heard Barkha tapes, but am not sure that I did not miss any specific one. I also saw the video in which she tried to defend herself, in presence of other journalists. And because she hardly succeeded in defending herself, I say she may have crossed the moral boundary of a journalist.
That is why I said, she deserves a second chance.
I said moral boundary, corruption charges against her are legally untenable.

why , why she should be given a second chance ? She has no moral right to continue her drama of a concerned citizen...

---------- Post added at 01:06 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:06 AM ----------

Not sure about Vir Sangvi. I heard Barkha tapes, but am not sure that I did not miss any specific one. I also saw the video in which she tried to defend herself, in presence of other journalists. And because she hardly succeeded in defending herself, I say she may have crossed the moral boundary of a journalist.

You look like another Paid News Person...

why , why she should be given a second chance ? She has no moral right to continue her drama of a concerned citizen...

---------- Post added at 01:06 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:06 AM ----------

You look like another Paid News Person...

I am not journalist. But am a professional like her, in other field. We all make mistakes.
Your punishment seems too harsh, equivalent to ICC ban for srilankan captain for lying(?) when they needed to toss the coin twice.

just don't go by what you heard on the tapes or how she defended herself. try to analyse who she was dealing with? if nira radia can wake her up in the middle of the night & tell her what to do.. then you know what kind of rapport they had. you need to understand who nira radia is in the first place to make judgement on people associated with her. nira radia had many people on her payroll including burka dutt!!

I am not journalist. But am a professional like her, in other field. We all make mistakes.
Your punishment seems too harsh, equivalent to ICC ban for srilankan captain for lying(?) when they needed to toss the coin twice.

even I am a professional and there is a code of conduct
Sarbanes

Something like Sarbanes Oxley Act,

just don't go by what you heard on the tapes or how she defended herself. try to analyse who she was dealing with? if nira radia can wake her up in the middle of the night & tell her what to do.. then you know what kind of rapot they had. you need to understand who nira radia is in the first place to make judgement on people associated with her. nira radia had many people on her payroll including burka dutt!!

Janja, actually I am saying I am not at all convinced by her feeble attempt at defending herself. That is the only reason why I said she could have done something wrong.
However, we cant judge people based on association, or the friends they have. Some professions need you to have such association. You cant just take a moral position and say she should not have association wish such characters.
About Nira Radia, do you think a company like tata will hire her, if they had complete knowledge about what she does. And if indeed everybody knew what she does, an eminent person like tata is more guilty of association with her.

NDTV has been sleeping with Congress since a long time now. Barkha dutt was the one who gave Rahul "Baba" his big launch as the Gen x future MBA politician. And we all know Rahul baba is the same bigoted, poorly educated hypocrite rolling the wheel of votebank politics. Even Anna Hazare's fast was being ignored initially by NDTV. It was later when the whole thing became a movement, they starting rolling their cameras.
I appeal to all Indians to boycott this sl*t of a news channel.

Janja, actually I am saying I am not at all convinced by her feeble attempt at defending herself. That is the only reason why I said she could have done something wrong.
However, we cant judge people based on association, or the friends they have. Some professions need you to have such association. You cant just take a moral position and say she should not have association wish such characters.
About Nira Radia, do you think a company like tata will hire her, if they had complete knowledge about what she does. And if indeed everybody knew what she does, an eminent person like tata is more guilty of association with her.

ok.. coming back to tata's association, all industrialists use publicists. if they are whiter than white why do they need a publicist to tell the public how good they are or how bad their competitors are?
now.. i know you have heard the tapes of radia with burka dutt. what did you make of nira radia? did you not make out that she is a wheeler & dealer by listening to those tapes??

I know your media more than you know ranging from paper purchase, tax evasion on it and policies of different media outlets there so you better study before saying anything

Forget about what I know ... Your comments that are off topic, at times disillusioned and myopic tell me a lot about what you know and why you are here. I still will not judge you and claim the better of you but in all certainty you do. So it also tells me a lot about your grasp on simple logical reasoning and an aloof attitude.

ok.. coming back to tata's association, all industrialists use publicists. if they are whiter than white why do they need a publicist to tell the public how good they are or how bad their competitors are?
now.. i know you have heard the tapes of radia with burka dutt. what did you make of nira radia? did you not make out that she is a wheeler & dealer by listening to those tapes??

Yes I do. That is not a good enough reason to not have association with her. Infact Nira Radia is a treasure trove for a journalist.
If I was in her place, I have the option of
1. Completely dissociate with Nira, but then politics is full of shady characters, if I avoid Nira, I got to avoid Heera too.
2. Keep the association and use it to gain background info while trying not to be used by her as much as possible
3. Blow her details in front of media.

I would chose option 2, any time. Or else, become journalist who reports things like birth of panda in a zoo, worlds biggest cake etc.

Yes I do. That is not a good enough reason to not have association with her. Infact Nira Radia is a treasure trove for a journalist.
If I was in her place, I have the option of
1. Completely dissociate with Nira, but then politics is full of shady characters, if I avoid Nira, I got to avoid Heera too.
2. Keep the association and use it to gain background info while trying not to be used by her as much as possible
3. Blow her details in front of media.

I would chose option 2, any time. Or else, become journalist who reports things like birth of panda in a zoo, worlds biggest cake etc.

ok.. now an ordinary person like you & me can make out that she is wheeling & dealing in portfolios, it should go without saying a seasoned journalist like burka dutt would realize the same. don't you think burka's journalistic ethics should tell her to bring this story out in the open & tell us all how the ministerial portfolios of a country is bartered by a powerfull corporate lobby? now.. this would have been a sensational breaking news & morally it's a right thing to do. did we ever hear burka & NDTV mentioning nira radia's name inspite of them knowing that this woman is instrumental in distributing certain portfolios of the country's govt?? now... that is something for you to think about!!

ok.. now an ordinary person like you & me can make out that she is wheeling & dealing in portfolios, it should go without saying a seasoned journalist like burka dutt would realize the same. don't you think burka's journalistic ethics should tell her to bring this story out in the open & tell us all how the ministerial portfolios of a country is bartered by a powerfull corporate lobby? now.. this would have been a sensational breaking news & morally it's a right thing to do. did we ever hear burka & NDTV mentioning nira radia's name inspite of them knowing that this woman is instrumental in distributing certain portfolios of the country's govt?? now... that is something for you to think about!!

None of these are new in India. Infact corporate lobby in corridors of power is very much there in most democratic capitalist countries.
I am not condoning it in anyway.
In such an environment it is foolish to break the news, and completely ignored by the politicians for rest of your career. You may feel great, but you did not help anybody, least of all yourself.
It is equivalent to blowing the cover of the guy who allowed you to meet LTTE, or Dawood Ibrahim.
Nothing wrong in others breaking the news although, I mean other channels.

Let us agree that my moral values are different from yours, yours being clearly superior to mine.

None of these are new in India. Infact corporate lobby in corridors of power is very much there in most democratic capitalist countries.
doesn't mean that we should live with this just 'cause it's not new to us. How corporate lobbies take us for a ride? well.. we all know that by now.. thanks to 2G.
I am not condoning it in anyway.
In such an environment it is foolish to break the news, and completely ignored by the politicians for rest of your career. You may feel great, but you did not help anybody, least of all yourself.
journalists have ethics & it's their responsibility to bring facts to public front. specially in this case, which is of great public interest & matters to general public to a great extent. Burka Dutt & NDTV betrayed the public by shielding a corporate stooge who sold the public interest to safeguard her own interest & her clients.

It is equivalent to blowing the cover of the guy who allowed you to meet LTTE, or Dawood Ibrahim.
Nothing wrong in others breaking the news although, I mean other channels.
comparing this to above are like comparing apples & oranges. it's ok as long as you establish connections with ltte & dawood. but when you become their courier, then you are part of the crime.

Let us agree that my moral values are different from yours, yours being clearly superior to mine.
don't undermine urself. it has got nothing to do with anyone's moral values. it's just about right & wrong. end of the day burka dutt is a corrupt journalist & she doesn't carry that respect which she used to in the past.

From what I see in this particular post is a lot of Indians who are tired of corruption.....about damn time! Don't stop caring, Anna was the first step now we the youth need to go after corrupt individuals. I propose outing any corrupt member of society. But be slick and tape everything. Actually, before anything is done we really need to make a group and discuss a formula or plan to attack all corrupt members of society including the damn media.

Back
Top Bottom