What's new

Public outburst against paid & corrupt Indian Media: NDTV

No I am not(sorry bad pun).
I heard radia tapes, I know it is wrong, am not trying to defend her. But her reporting quality is of high standard, her talk shows brings the best out of her.
TV journalism is different from newspaper, judge her by the standard of TV journalists we got.
Using corporate lobby to gain information is not ideal, that is why I said she needs to be given a second chance.

No. I dont judge a tv journalist by his/her looks or ability to sensationalize a issue. I judge a journalist for his/her neutrality and honesty to present facts to the public as-it-is.
And about giving her a second chance, we can have thought of doing that, had she apologized to public and started producing un-biased news. as one poster earlier said, the tone of NDTV was still biased even when whole country was with Anna, so no pint of giving such a person a second chance.
U see, chor chori se jaye lekin hera-feri se na jaye.

so what hitler was 100 times better speaker than she ever will be. should we give him second chance for the sake of his communication skill?

In barkha dutt's defence:

She is a TV journalist specializing in politics. As a journalist, we expect her to break news, give information beyond what we know via govt literature/ other political party literature.
If you want to be a good political journalist you need to cultivate relation with politicians, industrialists, power brokers and pimps of all kinds. If you do not do that, rest assured, you will know about things only after they happened, which is sometimes too late. You can as well just read the newspapers in front of camera.

Journalists not only befriend politicians, they are required to have relation with underworld, terrorists and criminals of other kinds. Without gaining confidence, you wont get to know what is happening inside there.

Before you vilify journalists, you should know the environments and parameters they operate in. You wont blame a criminal lawyer for fighting for a criminal. You should not do so for a journalist as long as she does not cross the line of propriety.

If she gained something personal out of her relations, or changed the reporting to favor somebody, that will be wrong. There is no evidence of her doing that.

In barkha dutt's defence:

She is a TV journalist specializing in politics. As a journalist, we expect her to break news, give information beyond what we know via govt literature/ other political party literature.
If you want to be a good political journalist you need to cultivate relation with politicians, industrialists, power brokers and pimps of all kinds. If you do not do that, rest assured, you will know about things only after they happened, which is sometimes too late. You can as well just read the newspapers in front of camera.

Journalists not only befriend politicians, they are required to have relation with underworld, terrorists and criminals of other kinds. Without gaining confidence, you wont get to know what is happening inside there.

Before you vilify journalists, you should know the environments and parameters they operate in. You wont blame a criminal lawyer for fighting for a criminal. You should not do so for a journalist.

If she gained something personal out of her relations, or changed the reporting to favor somebody, that will be wrong. There is no evidence of her doing that.

I think lobbying and acting as a pimp on behalf of a particular political party, and presenting biased news to the viewers who trust them blindly also comes under the duties and responsibilities of a journalist haan ?

I think lobbying and acting as a pimp on behalf of a particular political party, and presenting biased news to the viewers who trust them blindly also comes under the duties and responsibilities of a journalist haan ?

There is no evidence that she did so. Her reporting did not change to favour any party or individual.
I think she should be given benefit of doubt. At least once.

@desioptimist..
have heard that tape of her conversation with nira radia?

There is no evidence that she did so. Her reporting did not change to favour any party or individual.

what a plain lying. it cant get more ridiculous than this. there are audios available all over the internet where she is making deals for ministers of a particular political party. if she is being paid by that party to lobby for them then it is obvious she would present news in favor of them too.

Well she is alive isnt she.. that is the benefit of doubt she has got.

OMG, are we supposed to be lynch mobs.

lets not get carried away by his choice of words. the fact is she is a corrupt person. and for that she should be behind bars, let alone calling her best journalist.

what a plain lying. it cant get more ridiculous than this. there are audios available all over the internet where she is making deals for ministers of a particular political party. if she is being paid by that party to lobby for them then it is obvious she would present news in favor of them too.

I heard the tapes. She agrees to move message across, between parties. Are you sure she is paid by them, and not using the relation with lobbyists to get information?
I will hear again, I may have missed something. Can you send a link to specific conversation which nails her?

OMG, are we supposed to be lynch mobs.

corruption should be punishable by death.
Caesar's wife should be beyond doubt and Barkha has lost the most important thing..Public's trust....she should be tried for corruption and sent to Jail

Barkha Dutt should be tried for corruption by LokPal and sent to Jail

She is not part of govt, and does not come under lokpal. If they start using lokpal againt private employees, they will one day book me for browsing during office hours and send to jail. :)

I heard the tapes. She agrees to move message across, between parties. Are you sure she is paid by them, and not using the relation with lobbyists to get information?
I will hear again, I may have missed something. Can you send a link to specific conversation which nails her?

U heard tapes. and u didnt find anything wrong in that ?
u didnt find anything wrong when she said she will convince senior congress leadership of of making some settlement for A Raja.
u didnt find anything wrong with Vir Sanghvi asking Radia what she be the content of his article in newspaper..?
This is unbelievable.
I listened to a number of audios available all over the youtube. dont know which particular audio that was.

U heard tapes. and u didnt find anything wrong in that ?
u didnt find anything wrong when she said she will convince senior congress leadership of of making some settlement for A Raja.
u didnt find anything wrong with Vir Sanghvi asking Radia what she be the content of his article in newspaper..?
This is unbelievable.
I listened to a number of audios available all over the youtube. dont know which particular audio that was.

Not sure about Vir Sangvi. I heard Barkha tapes, but am not sure that I did not miss any specific one. I also saw the video in which she tried to defend herself, in presence of other journalists. And because she hardly succeeded in defending herself, I say she may have crossed the moral boundary of a journalist.
That is why I said, she deserves a second chance.
I said moral boundary, corruption charges against her are legally untenable.

Back
Top Bottom