What's new

Proposed Block 70 F-16 for India to have F-35 technology

It most likely has to be f16, LM plant is part of the DTTI agreement. For LM, it will be the only plant to service over 3000 f16's for parts.

The promises are big, but let's see where it ends up.

Aren't there service centers in Turkey,Netherlands and a couple of other countries?

Honestly, I do not think that india will go for any f-16's period but I could be wrong lets see what happens.

Honestly, I do not think that india will go for any f-16's period but I could be wrong lets see what happens.

If the situation arises , Indian Military planners will go for F 35.

According to reports , Jordan is going to sell its F 16 but why would Jordan sell them ? Jordan for sure seems to upgrade them.

Why not? It doesn't because Pakistan fies the same aircraft? I don't think Pakistan will have issues with the spares.

Just a plane on paper as a business offer for India yet though US-Pakistan relations are on different level in this regard and D.C wouldn't loose it that easily. There are still many factors, unknown to outside word, to balance the equation in this region. US in history has been selling to everyone and when it comes to neighboring rivals or possible conflict, US sells to balance the weight through different categories. After all, it will take sometime to come to fruition and the balancing weight will be in place.
I don't agree that selling arms to India will affect the us-Pakistan relations. The f16 for Pakistan are still on the table. Even the support package can be offered. But if they refused then don't blame USA.

Aren't there service centers in Turkey,Netherlands and a couple of other countries?

"Parts manufacturing"...at least that's what LM's director promises..

Randall Howard, director of the integrated fighter group at Lockheed Martin, said: “There is a sense of urgency from the Indian air force because its need is so great. This would be one of the largest fighter jet orders ever made.”

Speaking from New Delhi, Mr Howard said: “There are 3,200 F-16s being flown around the world today and they would all be supplied [with components] from India, as well as new ones being built there.”

Why not? It doesn't because Pakistan fies the same aircraft? I don't think Pakistan will have issues with the spares.

It's not because Pakistan flies them , its because they have been rejected from the Indians before they always have more interest in Russian or French aircraft more less.

If the situation arises , Indian Military planners will go for F 35.

According to reports , Jordan is going to sell its F 16 but why would Jordan sell them ? Jordan for sure seems to upgrade them.

Yes you are correct regarding f-35's lets see what happens and some of the Jordanian f-16's PAF is interested in and will be sold to PAF.

Pakistan will have problems with F 16 spares because they have opt for J 17.

Turkey and South Korea , along with Egypt. Each one of three have the capabilities and relations to keep the PAF birds flying.

Further PAF will be the happiest AF if we do this grave mistake. So willbe be PLAAF with HQ9 versions in Tibet. [ See what a Syrian S300 did to F16I of Israel ]

I don't agree that selling arms to India will affect the us-Pakistan relations. The f16 for Pakistan are still on the table. Even the support package can be offered. But if they refused then don't blame USA

That is what I am saying that it wouldn't affect Pakistan-US relations that much as our we are on different level either up or a bit lower than before though the later is possibility here. Rest about the offer, yes it is still there and TBH, it was US that denied the actual deal which was based upon FMF/subsidized birds then Pakistan refused the new price tag as being not feasible at all. let's see how things unfold.

Yes you are correct regarding f-35's lets see what happens and some of the Jordanian f-16's PAF is interested in and will be sold to PAF.

PAF have already issued statement that they are not interested in F 16 as they are having J 17.

Turkey and South Korea , along with Egypt. Each one of three have the capabilities and relations to keep the PAF birds flying.

Further PAF will be the happiest AF if we do this grave mistake. So willbe be PLAAF with HQ9 versions in Tibet. [ See what a Syrian S300 did to F16I of Israel ]

In which world you live i cant understand, Pakistan has being moving out of the alliance and they are more with the Chinese.

Why would Turkey, South Korea, Egpyt, UAE or Saudis will sell them ? Only Israel will do this type of deals against the US interest.

Isn't OP speculative? F-16 is F-16. Cramming F-35 technology into this ?! I dunno!

Lol? What Syrians S300 did to F16I? IDF admitted that 2 missiles from S200 battery were fired toward it's jets, but weren't even close to the fighter jet.
The Syrian regime didn't show any evidence of F16 ever shot down, and if they would shoot it down, they'd release picture to the media. even the Iranians admit it's bullshit.
https://defence.pk/threads/idf-says...-but-denies-claim-aircraft-was-downed.449127/
"IDF: Syrian claim to have shot down Israeli warplane, drone is 'total lies'"

As for F35, India will not F35 for atleast untill 2030, as orders are already massing on LM produce line

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom