What's new

Lockheed Martin's F-16 block 70 (F-21) for India

An experiment that goes through rigorous testing and exercises even gainst proven jets.

Remember that at one point in time, F-16 was also an experiment
Nothing beats real world experiance. There is always bias in manufacturer testing. no one can hide real combat effectiveness/lack of

Nothing beats real world experiance. There is always bias in manufacturer testing. no one can hide real combat effectiveness/lack of
This is a very expensive and valuable machine, it goes through various tests alongside its components before it's finalised and mass produced

Not to mention international exercises, personal testing, and then experience of air forces who operate battle tested machines as well.

This "proven" or "battle tested" label is overrated. Most 4.5 gen jets will be roughly similar in capabilities, it comes down to skill and tactics at the end, not tiny insignificant edges.

Baniyas got lucky, Uncle Sam decided to hold his hand. Otherwise they still don’t know what they are doing. Whereas, everytime Pakistan try to caught a break something happens by design. FATF, Terrorism or Covert operations like regime change.
Nope
That is just wishful thinking and only an “ostrich head in the sand” moment to deny what are massive unforgivable failings of both Pakistan’s leadership and its people’s awareness and mindset as a nation

I don't think IAF would ever field a US-made frontline fixed-wing fighter jet in my lifetime.

India would like to get a strategic Development deal with GE for propulsion systems which would be much larger and beneficial to both parties. Propulsion remains India's Achilles heel, and Russia shot itself in its foot not consolidating that market.

Neither LM or Boeing can work with India on it's 5th gen system as a development partner, France still has that market open, but that window might be shrinking with every passing day.
GE is holding the platter at the door and it would be silly not to jump on it. Goes beyond military fixed wing applications to the commercial sector and otherwise.

You dont have to, IAF is already holding a technological advantage over PLAAF and the gap would only widen overtime.
All is well.
Nope, we do not have a spectacular view as our neighbor.

This is a fundamental need that the IAF should have in order to defend against the PLAAF.

Within this decade, HAL Tejas (Interceptor role) and Su 30 MKI should be upgraded with the Astra 2 with 160 KM Range and Uttam Radar. It'll be a big assistance

Last edited:
F16 is a good jet, its one of the most battle proven jets. But everything has a weakness, and PAF knows F16s inside and out because of how long they have operated it. That probably prevents India from buying it.

Rest of the jets are just for show, if it don't have any decent battle experience its just an experiment not a fighter.

Also at the end of the day, technology only gets you so far. Flying experience under tough circumstances, and capability and skill far outweigh tech advantage. Always about the man behind the machine

F-16s differ a lot based on avionics. I do not expect the PAF to know anything about the advanced packages offered to India (assuming they are offering something really advanced)

Actually you already have a pretty spectacular view.

Now, I already downplayed the capabilities of the IAF while you are overstating those of the PLAAF in terms of an India and Chinese scenario.

Not simply on paper, but also in testing are the UTTAM Radar and the Astra 2 missile.

F-16s differ a lot based on avionics. I do not expect the PAF to know anything about the advanced packages offered to India (assuming they are offering something really advanced)

I strongly believe that we should not order any new Aircraft for IAF or IN.

Rafale is excellent, if we still need than should order another 36 aircraft. Likewise for the navy's Rafale M.

Since this decade can be manageable, we should focus on in-house build fighter aricrafts

Last edited:
I'm speaking on the topic that what ever India gets now pak cannot counter it
Our generals are more dangerous and well trained, nations needs generals nit economy or money which you guys are talking about

Now, I already downplayed the capabilities of the IAF while you are overstating those of the PLAAF in terms of an India and Chinese scenario.

Not simply on paper, but also in testing are the UTTAM Radar and the Astra 2 missile.
You know you are quiet infamous on this forum, right?
You are one of those dick contest bunch, so Ill leave you to that.

You know you are quiet infamous on this forum, right?
You are one of those dick contest bunch, so Ill leave you to that.
Sure, yu are right because I am not a guy who does do FLATTERY of anyone and afraid to criticize about our country on many matters.

Sure, yu are right because I am not a guy who does do OBSEQUIOUSNESS of anyone and afraid to criticize about our country on many matters.
Better do what you are best at, giving out wish list like a child before Christmas.

why-u-so-5c6a03.jpg

Who do you think wins, a veteran israel pilot who flew in the wars with the arabs with many hours of flying experience in his aircraft, or a Syrian pilot in a Rafale that he was trained on for 6 months? Please using some braining.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom