What's new

Lockheed Martin's F-16 block 70 (F-21) for India

TROLL I am talking about j10c not f16 and jft and f16 and jft fall behind the capabilities of Indian rafale

PAF pilots flew Rafale before IAF so it knows its weaknesses: India’s Defense Dreams Shatter​

Fighter pilots of the Pakistan Air Force were familiarized with the specifications and weapons systems of the French Rafale medium-weight fighter jets, shattering India’s widely publicized defense due to the newly acquired fighter aircrafts
ByNews Desk

23 September 2019
https://www.facebook.com/sharer.php...its-weaknesses-indias-defense-dreams-shatter/

PAF pilots flew Rafale before IAF so it knows its weaknesses: India’s Defense Dreams Shatter​

Fighter pilots of the Pakistan Air Force were familiarized with the specifications and weapons systems of the French Rafale medium-weight fighter jets, shattering India’s widely publicized defense due to the newly acquired fighter aircrafts
ByNews Desk

23 September 2019
https://www.facebook.com/sharer.php?u=https://www.globalvillagespace.com/paf-pilots-flew-rafale-before-iaf-so-it-knows-its-weaknesses-indias-defense-dreams-shatter/

Flew doesn't means you know all its weakness we should develop a tactics against Indian rafale using j10c and don't underestimate your enemy kid

ByNews Desk

23 September 2019
https://www.facebook.com/sharer.php?u=https://www.globalvillagespace.com/paf-pilots-flew-rafale-before-iaf-so-it-knows-its-weaknesses-indias-defense-dreams-shatter/

Does not make sense. If just flying a fighter jet tells you all its weaknesses. Then just imagine, India will know inside out about our F-16s while owning a more modern variant.

Does not make sense. If just flying a fighter jet tells you all its weaknesses. Then just imagine, India will know inside out about our F-16s while owning a more modern variant.

There are many things which are not published. Flying it gives first hand information on the abilities and deficiencies of the fighter. Our pilots already have all the information about Rafales and they know how to neutralize them.

We already have a plan to neutralize their S-400 and Rafale. Don't over estimate the dumb Indians. Our forces are always 10 steps ahead of the Indians.
Lol why you're so stupid they have better resources than us in defense field they are improving every day West and USA giving what they want don't live in your wet dreams live in realistic world you dumb troll

Lol why you're so stupid they have better resources than us in defense field they are improving every day West and USA giving what they want don't live in your wet dreams live in realistic world you dumb troll

Indians are dumb.

Indians are paying 225 million for each Rafale while we are just paying $40 million for J-10C.

Indians are dumb.

Indians are paying 225 million for each Rafale while we are just paying $40 million for J-10C.
Why you're always living in denial world they have money to buy expensive toys what we have now to counter Indian rafale few j10c which not combat proven rafale is way way ahead in terms of capabilities to our j10c don't live in your la la land rafale is very serious threat to Pakistan security and we have still no answer for Indian rafale

However, if india proceeds with F-21s, after 15 years India will only have American & French fighters from foreign countries. As most of russian fighter jets would be phased out or nearing retirement.
I don't think IAF will be retiring the Su-30's anytime soon, plus think about that where would F-21 Stand in next 15 years ? China already bring Stealth fighters against IAF, and next decade PAF will be fielding the next Gen fighters, I think best way forward for IAF will be more Rafale's and than invest in 5th/6th Gen platform .

I don't think IAF will be retiring the Su-30's anytime soon, plus think about that where would F-21 Stand in next 15 years ? China already bring Stealth fighters against IAF, and next decade PAF will be fielding the next Gen fighters, I think best way forward for IAF will be more Rafale's and than invest in 5th/6th Gen platform .

They can take this route. However, I believe Dassault has a huge backlog of orders. I don't think IAF can possibly get more Rafales within this decade.

I also believe F-21s or even F-16 blocks 60 and onwards will still be relevant in next 2 decades. These are latest and are just being produced. With local manufacturing india can induct these in large quantities and replace all of its legacy fighters like mig 29s, mirage 2Ks, Jags and later SU-30s. IAF's requirement for minimum number of squadrons (42) can only be met with a medium priced fighter, that huge quantity may not be met with Next gen Stealth fighters.

IMO, The selling point for F-21s are:
- India's requirement of minimum operational squadrons - So in essence, india needs an affordable, easily maintainable platform that it can induct in large quantities.
- Local manufacturing
- Capability: Latest F-16s block 70s are deadly with their latest AESA and latest AMRAAMs. The india's variant (F-21) may offer even few further upgrades on top of it.

Among all contestants for MMRCA, I see F-21 as top contender. Its just my analysis, I could be wrong and there could be tons of other factors indians maybe looking into including business and politics.

F16 is a good jet, its one of the most battle proven jets. But everything has a weakness, and PAF knows F16s inside and out because of how long they have operated it. That probably prevents India from buying it.

Rest of the jets are just for show, if it don't have any decent battle experience its just an experiment not a fighter.

Also at the end of the day, technology only gets you so far. Flying experience under tough circumstances, and capability and skill far outweigh tech advantage. Always about the man behind the machine
You make an interesting point about the importance of experience and skill in combat situations. I would like to ask you a question in response. As someone who knows the F16 inside and out, which version of the F16 do you believe would come out victorious in a battle against the older F16s? Would you still choose the first-generation F16, or do you think the latest variants have enough technological advancements to overcome the knowledge of the older model's strengths and weaknesses?

We already have a plan to neutralize their S-400 and Rafale. Don't over estimate the dumb Indians. Our forces are always 10 steps ahead of the Indians.
The financial resources of a nation are a crucial factor in determining the strength and efficacy of its military forces. Therefore, I would say it's important to never underestimate the potential of a well-resourced opponent, even if they appear to be at a disadvantage.

PS:
While military strategy and technological advancements are critical components of a country's military power, financial resources are also a key factor in determining a nation's military capability. Without the necessary funding, it becomes difficult to invest in the research and development needed to stay ahead of adversaries. In addition, financial resources are required to purchase and maintain advanced weapons systems and other critical equipment.

Furthermore, technology is constantly evolving, and it's not enough to be ahead today; a nation must continue to invest in research and development to remain ahead of potential adversaries in the future. Being ten steps ahead without adequate funding to support ongoing technological advancements would eventually lead to stagnation, leaving a nation vulnerable to being surpassed by others who are investing in innovation.

In summary, while military strategy and technological advancements are crucial, financial resources are equally essential for the sustained success of a nation's military forces. Without the necessary funding, a nation's military capability will eventually stagnate, leaving it vulnerable to being surpassed by others who have invested in innovation and technology.

Last edited:
They can take this route. However, I believe Dassault has a huge backlog of orders. I don't think IAF can possibly get more Rafales within this decade.
I think its very realistic that IAF will follow up with 36 more Rafale before the decade ends..

I also believe F-21s or even F-16 blocks 60 and onwards will still be relevant in next 2 decades. These are latest and are just being produced. With local manufacturing india can induct these in large quantities and replace all of its legacy fighters like mig 29s, mirage 2Ks, Jags and later SU-30s. IAF's requirement for minimum number of squadrons (42) can only be met with a medium priced fighter, that huge quantity may not be met with Next gen Stealth fighters.
F-16's/F-21 can surely remain relevant but their design has its limitation, next decade most of top AF's will go stealth, Plus IAF is not going to put their eggs in American basket, they are not stupid like PAF, Plus Russian will also try to lobby against the decision and so will the French and we all know India is rich and they can buy things so everyone wants a piece of the pie, but changing the entire AF infrastructure to accommodate American system with XYZ condition from American's, I don't see it happening. Americans will put some very strict rules on IAF to keep Russians off their Tech, same goes for F35's if IAF considers them in future.

Among all contestants for MMRCA, I see F-21 as top contender. Its just my analysis, I could be wrong and there could be tons of other factors indians maybe looking into including business and politics.
It would be far better for IAF to add more Rafale and buy F-35's in small numbers while keep working on a home grown fighter, Adding more Rafale and F-35's will end the PAF superiority for ever, rest IAF can add numbers with Teja bhai and other MMRCA.

Back
Top Bottom