What's new

Presidential system in Türkiye.

Do you support the presidential system in Türkiye?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Presidential system always has a danger of transforming into despotism.

Look at Basahr Al Asad or Gaddafi or Saddam Hussain.

Presidential system always has a danger of transforming into despotism.

Look at Basahr Al Asad or Gaddafi or Saddam Hussain.

Well, I don't think it was the office they held that made them despots. Case in point, Gaddafi was never President of Libya.

Well, I don't think it was the office they held that made them despots. Case in point, Gaddafi was never President of Libya.

Yes It does. Look At Central ASIAN states.

or ASEAN.

He Was A Military Dictator. Didnt He ?

He Was A Military Dictator.

Sort of. He was clearly a dictator, but he never assumed any military rank above colonel. His generals, technically outranked him. His highest government position was actually prime minister, but he preferred to be called, 'Brotherly Leader and Guide of the Revolution'...which wasn't even in the constitution of Libya, nor was it an actual position.

I think of all Turkish politicians as monkeys, and TBMM is where those monkeys do their business.. unfortunately they used to be relatively harmless as the Turkish Armed Forces provided a limit or supervision to what they could do or what they couldn't do. Now, they want to increase the parliament by 50 or so people, totaling the number to 600 %^$#^#$^ 's with high salary, high pension after 2 years of service... all of which will be coming out of Turkish taxpayers pockets..

Considering that we've been feeding 10-11 million refugees (unofficial number), paying some tax that got introduced after the earthquakes and still hasn't left us, that can be anything between 18 - 110% depending on what is being bought (no not VAT).. in a country where dipers are considered an luxury item and VAT'd as such... I think we could easily have given every Turkish citizen say 500 - 1000 TL pocket money, free healthcare, and schooling. Technically they could have eliminated poverty in Turkey.. along with other things... and stayed in power until they died, but no give it to Kurds, Arabs, religious nuts, build mosques to show off... etc..

Turkey has always been mixture of clans, and the AKP has put everybody at everybodies throats by playing on the differences, where will this presidency gimmick will take us, who knows. But the fact is to me it is nothing more than a diversion tactic sort of 'heeeey look at the monkeeeeey.' and don't see that the 'el presidento' is naked.. I think in the long run it doesn't really matter, because Turks have never ruled over their own country perhaps since Ataturk, perhaps since much earlier than that... this all will probably boil bubble, and eventually erupt into a short and abrupt civil war that will kill off all of these irrelevancies..

When that all will happen is anyone's guess, I still have a 100$ bet that Erdogan will run to Malaysia or the US...

Guys i live in lebanon and we have the same system as turkey now.The gov who take all decision but we dont have a gov.the system is shit here more than you can imagine.The problem not in the system but who will control the system and how people think.In turkish election 2 years ago 89% of citizen participate in election and that number you will not see it in Europe.This show that turkish people know who to elect and that is good.If you dont want erdogan you can to not give him your vote

So, Kazakhstan is a Dictatorship just because people love Nazarbayev and vote for him? Do you know the definition of Dictatorship?

The dude is in power since 30 years, you think that's normal?

Kazakhstan is a Dictatorship like many other states in Central Asia nowadays.

The Presidential system Erdoğan wants right now(and will probably take) will give him way too much power.

Some people even say it's the beginning of the end for Turkish Republic.

Today the last event proved us that 15 years of Erdogan's governing turned Turkiye into hell giving presidential position to him may be reason of annihilation of Turkiye.

The choice is yours my people.

Today the last event proved us that 15 years of Erdogan's governing turned Turkiye into hell giving presidential position to him may be reason of annihilation of Turkiye.

The choice is yours my people.

Says someone who supported the coup on 15 July. He will become president and all attempts to oust him from power will fail.

Says someone who supported the coup on 15 July. He will become president and all attempts to oust him from power will fail.[/QUs
says someone who is on welfare in netherlands, if your so eager on erdogan dictatorship why don't you come here and see how he is fvcking everything up...

says someone who is on welfare in netherlands, if your so eager on erdogan dictatorship why don't you come here and see how he is fvcking everything up...
Looks like you've personal problems with Erdogan. Who are you hiding in? Blondy

Yeah because Every akp supporter in the Netherlands must be on welfare Right? Ur an idiot.

Back
Top Bottom