What's new

Poverty rate declines to 32 per cent: Plan panel

Status
Not open for further replies.
What is the standard being used to determine the poverty levels. The Indian one (20 rupees a day) or the international one ($1 a day)?

What is the standard being used to determine the poverty levels. The Indian one (20 rupees a day) or the international one ($1 a day)?

New ones you have to earn more than 1 $ firstly you only had to spend on your meals but now on healthcare clothes education etc

Do you even bother to read what you posted here :lol::lol:

Its about 2005 data not for 2010

Page 2 is about 2010 my friend. The whole report has been constructed from 2010 data.

You forgot to read this in the report:

"The MPI was constructed by OPHI for the UNDP’s 2010 Human Development Report" on Page 1.

They just quoted a small table on Page 1 from 2005, all of the rest is from 2010.

India: 645 million live below the poverty line: July 2010

http://www.ophi.org.uk/wp-content/uploads/Country-Brief-India.pdf (Page # 2)

Oxford Poverty and Human Development Initiative (OPHI)

I understand your sympathy towards India for poverty, suicide, maternal death, child labor, accident etc. This is the problem for all countries in this region. We are late but all are working hard to get rid of poverty. Large number of people have been got rid of it.

Look at the growth rates

India 10.4%
Srilanka 9.1%
Bangladesh 6%

We will surely do well.

I understand your sympathy towards India for poverty, suicide, maternal death, child labor, accident etc. This is the problem for all countries in this region. We are late but all are working hard to get rid of poverty. Large number of people have been got rid of it.

Look at the growth rates

India 10.4%
Srilanka 9.1%
Bangladesh 6%

We will surely do well.

It doesn't matter what your growth rates are if your growth isn't even, and 645 million Indians still below the poverty line as per 2010 data.

Congrats India :cheers: may be improving slowly.. but improving nonetheless.

Hopefully it'll grow at a faster rate in the future. :)

We have done well in last five years and we will do much better in next five years. :cheers:

It doesn't matter what your growth rates are if your growth isn't even, and 645 million Indians still below the poverty line as per 2010 data.

It matter because every year large number of population brought out of poverty by GDP growth. Look at Srilanka and Bangladesh these two countries also doing extremely well. The % is reducing.

Page 2 is about 2010 my friend. The whole report has been constructed from 2010 data.

You forgot to read this in the report:

"The MPI was constructed by OPHI for the UNDP’s 2010 Human Development Report" on Page 1.

They just quoted a small table on Page 1 from 2005, all of the rest is from 2010.

MPI :wave: according to this Pakistan have 51% MPI poor and India have 55%

Multidimensional Poverty Index - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

and 42% at 1.25 dollars per day by your figure

How many % people in Pakistan earning more than 2$ per day ??????

Congrats India :cheers: may be improving slowly.. but improving nonetheless.

Hopefully it'll grow at a faster rate in the future. :)

Global rescission is over. Strong GDP growth, record export, lower poverty percentage, good budget will allow 11+% growth this year, mark my words.

Many companies setting up business in India. This will allow more jobs.

It matter because every year large number of population brought out of poverty by GDP growth. Look at Srilanka and Bangladesh these two countries also doing extremely well. The % is reducing.

How are a large number of people getting out of poverty every year? You still have 645 million Indians living below the poverty line as per 2010 data.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom