What's new

Poverty rate declines to 32 per cent: Plan panel

Status
Not open for further replies.
Again, why are you bringing Pakistan into this? Is this thread about Pakistan? You have 645 million (55.38%) Indians living below the poverty line, & this contradicts your national figures. Furthermore, this study is based on the UNDP’s 2010 Human Development Report. Everyone knows India uses a national poverty line that is much lower than the international standard.

According to UNDP Human Development Index Pakistan's ranking is below India. So does it mean quality of living is blow, I think most of the south asian living in villages are almost same.

Again, why are you bringing Pakistan into this? Is this thread about Pakistan? You have 645 million (55.38%) Indians living below the poverty line, & this contradicts your national figures. Furthermore, this study is based on the UNDP’s 2010 Human Development Report. Everyone knows India uses a national poverty line that is much lower than the international standard.

same study shows that pakistan have 51% poor

I think thats Israel you're thinking of.....The Israelis have mastered the science of Drip irrigation.

I dont understand why we dont JV with the Jews in Health and agriculture when their people are doing miracles in those fields.

Drip irrigation....... thts an old trend in Pakistan...... involves alot of hard work though.

According to UNDP Human Development Index Pakistan's ranking is below India. So does it mean quality of living is blow, I think most of the south asian living in villages are almost same.

GINI co-efficient:

India: 36.8
Pakistan: 31.2

Human Development Report 2009

There is more unequal wealth distribution in India than in Pakistan.

Human Development Report 2009 - Gini index

These are the figures you need to look at when you are addressing poverty.

I have worked for a NGO for some months to help poor people, it was really an experience. There is no problem for them to live on but the real problem is when some family member get ill or something like that. They have the basic health care and to some extent free medicines. Old people get some money as well as girls. Ration card also helping. But the main problem is higher education.

bilalhaider by looking at you seems like you worked for some NGOs as well. What was your experiences?

I have worked for a NGO for some months to help poor people, it was really an experience. There is no problem for them to live on but the real problem is when some family member get ill or something like that. They have the basic health care and to some extent free medicines. Old people get some money as well as girls. Ration card also helping. But the main problem is higher education.

bilalhaider by looking at you seems like you worked for some NGOs as well. What was your experiences?

Have you heard of Trocaire? My sister has worked there, & I've seen all she does. I accompanied her to the flood affected areas in Pakistan in 2010 in Sindh & North Pakistan. I'm an engineer by profession. I've also lived in Nigeria for 4 years, & Ghana for 2 years.

GINI co-efficient:

India: 36.8
Pakistan: 31.2

Human Development Report 2009

There is more unequal wealth distribution in India than in Pakistan.

Human Development Report 2009 - Gini index

These are the figures you need to look at when you are addressing poverty.

Its time for facts

UN report on human development

http://hdr.undp.org/en/media/HDR_2010_EN_Tables_reprint.pdf
Media | Human Development Reports (HDR) | United Nations Development Programme (UNDP)

119 India .519
125 Pakistan .490

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Have you heard of Trocaire? My sister has worked there, & I've seen all she does. I accompanied here to the flood affected areas in Pakistan in 2010 in Sindh & North Pakistan.

You should participate as well. I went there for gaining some experience but when I understood their problems, I thought they need us. Many young boys and girls came forward from my college. Our NGO went to Bihar during floods with some cloths and medicines. You know natural disasters is now every year in India.

This is UNDP HDI index 2010.

List of countries by Human Development Index - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

---------- Post added at 02:06 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:05 AM ----------

This is UNDP HDI index 2010.

List of countries by Human Development Index - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The HDI has a lot of indexes that have nothing to do with poverty. For example:

Life Expectancy Index, Education Index, Expected Years of Schooling Index have nothing to do with poverty rates. GINI index, which is directly related to poverty as well as all wealth inequality indexes, Pakistan does significantly better than India. In stuff like education, India does better, but that doesn't have anything to do with poverty.

Please can we stay on topic here, we're specifically talking about poverty, nothing else.

Pakistan adds 10 million people to poverty each year.

India removes 40 million people out of poverty each year.

Orangi Slum of Karachi is now the largest Slum in Asia, so Poverty is increasing in Pakistan.

Pakistan adds 10 million people to poverty each year.

India removes 40 million people out of poverty each year.

Orangi Slum of Karachi is now the largest Slum in Asia, so Poverty is increasing in Pakistan.

Stop trolling.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom