What's new

Poverty rate declines to 32 per cent: Plan panel

Status
Not open for further replies.
what do you guys think about private farming? this can give guaranteed income to many poor people...

Problem in India is that many farmer has small land so the private farming doesn't suits well thats my thought.

awsum news i must say very happy about it and this % is based on new ways to measure poverty means with the old one the % would be even less

Problem in India is that many farmer has small land so the private farming doesn't suits well thats my thought.

They can go for poultry farming or cattle rearing. They can earn quite a bit by selling milk to dairy industries.

farmers with small land can not afford instruments and profit they get is very less and sometimes negative...but private farming might give them guaranteed income..also it will assure better warehousing and processing of agro products...

---------- Post added at 10:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:23 PM ----------

They can go for poultry farming or cattle rearing. They can earn quite a bit by selling milk to dairy industries.

jatropha farming is the new trend nowadays

Yes, somewhere i saw Indian railway will give their land for jatropa cultivation on a lease to unemployed youths.

in mumbai CR and WR has already given land besides tracks for small scale vegetable farming :)
btw jatropha farming if done on large scale can reduce our oil imports..

in mumbai CR and WR has already given land besides tracks for small scale vegetable farming :)
btw jatropha farming if done on large scale can reduce our oil imports..

Yes, and bio diesel scores in emission control also. Benefits in carbon credit anyone? :azn:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom