What's new

Poll | Should there be a 'total ban' on Indian media in Pakistan??

Should there be a 'total ban' on Indian media in Pakistan??

• Total voters
Legalizing Indian movies in Pakistan brought competition thus Pakistan film makers started to make better movies instead of the old crap based on Gandasa culture(rural violence). It will again reached the same fate it Indian movies are banned again. There is widespread piracy business in Pakistan, even if Indian contents are banned, Pakistani people will get it in pirated form they can't resist it.

What the true meaning.

The true meaning is instead of showing how illogical it seems start with your government and their stance they don' show Pakistani content and you're people don't complain that we want the freedom to watch programs of all nationalities so why do you do that when Pakistanis demand the same? Secondly you're claim that Indian movies provide competition, might be true to some extent but even with you're films our industry wasn't giving us anything so it wasn't as if that had really helped because Indian movies have been screened here for quite some time so nothing new. Its only recently that good Pakistani movies are being made the reason being that there are good talented people coming forward with concepts who thought they couldn't reach the audience anymore but now seem positive after the success of movies like "Khuda ke Liye" and "Bol".

Indian media is unfortunately OP,poor indian govt can't take on it.What will pak govt do.

Banning media and banning foreign content is not solution.... This anchor Mubashar lukman that brought the attention and he went to courts.. He himself is controversial man.

Last edited:
You might as well ban your own genes and blood as to ban anything Indian.

Calling yourself Pakistani now does not change the fact that the world sees you as the descendants of disgruntled Indian Muslims who broke away for political and religious reasons.

There is a reason why India sells in Pakistan and not the other way around.

Banning media and banning foreign content is not solution.... This anchor Mubashar lukman that brought the attention and he went to courts.. He himself is controversial man.

I, for one, am not referring to Mubashar Luqman i just gave my opinion like the rest did. Nothing to do with who is controversial or not

I, for one, am not referring to Mubashar Luqman i just gave my opinion like the rest did. Nothing to do with who is controversial or not
So you want to see our cinemas empty by banning bollywood... . If you put ban, people will convert these multiplex cinema into plazas .

So you want to see our cinemas empty by banning bollywood... . If you put ban, people will convert these multiplex cinema into plazas . Trust me!!

I have an opinion just like you have. You keep you'rs and i'll keep mine.

I agree with sandy, if banning is to decrease India's influence and protect pakistani 'culture' then probably not a bad idea
If banning to protect local industry, I dont think it work work in internet age.

Is it that weak that it needs protection from external influence? It's bit of cliche argument to make. If you are comfortable in your own skin, then you feel secured. Only insecurity breeds these kind of impulsive reactions!

Last edited:
Wrong opinion has caused more trouble on this little earth than plagues or earthquakes.

Then enter a land where diverging opinions don't count. I, for one have learnt to respect them and not browbeat others about how superior my claim is.

Sure - There should be ban on Indian contents and movies. However want to watch Indian movie should buy pirated CD watch it and publish it on internet. :devil:

You had total ban of Indian content and films from 1965 to 2006. Almost total ban for 41 years from Zia's time, yet we see the Indian movies and content is in demand. How do u explain that??

It just shows people found other means to watch bypassing the ban. Your movie industry could not capitalize on this ban for four decades and lot of cinema houses closed down. Because of low number of movies being produced you could not sustain cinema. A lot of your singers and artists came looking for job in Bollywood.

Imagine how many artists, actors, technicians and singers could have been employed if you had right policies and proper encouragement from your govt.

Don't you think these protectionist policies, lack of competition will only drive your cinema houses to close shop.

Banning things is a solution for a weak bigoted mind which is insecure beyond anything else. Instead of banning we should try and compete with their media and try to reach out to our own audiences. Banning only makes people want something more and there are always alternatives to it. For example Slackistan or youtube being banned.

People openly use youtube with proxy servers and youtube is still used throughout Pakistan. Slackistan too has been viewed by many people. Banning is not the solution. Pakistanis should themselves wake up and realize that it is their responsibility to support our industries, music and other forms of entertainment. I wrote an article on this for Pakium a long time ago.

You had total ban of Indian content and films from 1965 to 2006. Almost total ban for 41 years from Zia's time, yet we see the Indian movies and content is in demand. How do u explain that??

It just shows people found other means to watch bypassing the ban. Your movie industry could not capitalize on this ban for four decades and lot of cinema houses closed down. Because of low number of movies being produced you could not sustain cinema. A lot of your singers and artists came looking for job in Bollywood.

Imagine how many artists, actors, technicians and singers could have been employed if you had right policies and proper encouragement from your govt.

Don't you think these protectionist policies, lack of competition will only drive your cinema houses to close shop.

As i already said whoever want to watch can buy pirated CD - Watch movie in few cents and than upload it on internet that will be damaging for enemy - two birds with on stone.

When Indian media don't show any Pakistani content than why we should allow? Now don't come up crap claims that there is no demand, you haven't shown any Pakistani drama to evaluate demand

Last edited:
Then enter a land where diverging opinions don't count. I, for one have learnt to respect them and not browbeat others about how superior my claim is.
I am talking about history which itself is the evidence. Their is difference between Rant, extremism and opinion.... "Wrong is wrong", "right is right" , and one must come with evidence otherwise nobody will believe you... I always talk with evidence and i brought "history" as proof...
Here comes difference between rant and opinion. "Its Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt". This is not opinion,this is called rant... I hope, you have understood the difference...

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom