What's new

Poll | Should there be a 'total ban' on Indian media in Pakistan??

Should there be a 'total ban' on Indian media in Pakistan??

• Total voters
S
bikini blouse sari, out of marriage pregnancy culture is definitely not Indian culture either.

Culture isn't stagnant. What you think was Indian culture is but a small glimse of a brief, imaginarily frozen part of time. Culture changes, that is a given. Always has, always will.

The whole debate is started by an illiterate troll called Mubhashir Luckman who is out to level scores with GEO TV, ranting day and night against anything that channel endorses. The loser is a disgraced journalist who should have read more books and quenched better education to learn the art of clever journalism than what pedestrian level tu tu main main he is been spewing on his programs.

But then the same is quite normal by Pakistani standards; for the kind of discourse these channels are engaged into; representing a divided house called Pakistan.

Culture isn't stagnant. What you think was Indian culture is but a small glimse of a brief, imaginarily frozen part of time. Culture changes, that is a given. Always has, always will.

Indeed culture changes :))) one wonders what was Sonia Gandhi thinking about invading Pakistan with Indian culture then

Actually all foreign and imported media content in to Pakistan needs to be banned. There are sometimes hidden and subliminal messages hidden in anything. For instance any Secularist material actually masks Atheism and Godlessness. Similarly Poetry, Literature and Artwork can be used to be seditiously employed. All of these can become conduits for corrupted and impure ideas to enter the "Land of the Pure".
There should be a complete "Iron Curtain" lowered down to protect the Country. Or better still, a "Bamboo Curtain" should be borrowed from the Chinese friends. They know all about the required technology required to set one up.

Anything that can be potentially Haraam should be completely proscribed.

oh man what an insecure frustration in your own comments :)))))

anyway why don't you ask why Saffroni Modi supporters were uneasy over the same foreign culture in India.

They said in a particular Indian state the color of valentine was saffron

oh man what an insecure frustration in your own comments :)))))

anyway why don't you ask why Saffroni Modi supporters were uneasy over the same foreign culture in India.

They said in a particular Indian state the color of valentine was saffron

Why should I be frustrated, Miyan? :-)

I am only enjoying and chuckling away at the wholly asinine convesation. Only an insecure people need to ban anything or everything. That ia why both the "Iron Curtain" and the "Bamboo Curtain" existed. One disappeared completely while the other exists in parts. They are good models for you.
Of course you can even BAN THINKING if you want to. :laugh:

In the immortal words of a (Music-loving) Pakistani friend who said to me (in Zia's Era) when Dance in Pakistan was driven out and Music was severely restricted : Even Breathing is considered to be Unislamic now!
And I looked at him: WTH ?!
His reply: Breathing has rhythm in it. That is 'musical'.
Me: WTF.

I thought that Pakistan has progressed out of those "Dark Ages". But, maybe I'm wrong?

I'm not for a total ban, too much of anything or too little leads to ignorance.

But definitely, Indian content needs to be capped, some forms more than others.

Oh come on man - don't generalize...
There are plenty of programs that don't show all that. Also the word 'preach' is not apt. But that said I don't watch Ekta Kapoor so can't say for sure :D :D :D
On a serious note, there are plenty of Indian programs(not soap operas) that are great( and were scary) :)
The adulterous relations and politics in family which they preach in serials which is far from reality what indians do in real life is very bad for society as a whole

Oh come on man - don't generalize...
There are plenty of programs that don't show all that. Also the word 'preach' is not apt. But that said I don't watch Ekta Kapoor so can't say for sure :D :D :D
On a serious note, there are plenty of Indian programs(not soap operas) that are great( and were scary) :)

i specifically ,mentioned soap operas, but others are good they must be allowed

Btw some Pakistani channels are allowed - I get to see them sometime(I hardly watch TV though). Only news channels are banned.

@Oscar;
Do take a 'look-see' at this thread!
Brings me back to what I wrote about there on the other thread. When "Fears and Apprehensions" become (and remain)the basis of one's existence intead of "Hopes and Aspirations" !!!!!

6+ decades down the line that concept still remains and persists.

Its ideas like this caused/led to the creation of BD.

No, we dont think so. we want ban only on illegal contents to minimize the black money business. our cultural ties within Pakistan are very strong therefore your so called RAW conspiracy theory is useless in this regard, at one time Pakistani dramas were very popular amongst indian viewers(Markets tak close ho jati then Pakistani drama dekhnay k liye):coffee:.

Indian film industry (inspired by hollywood now a day) is doing good by highlighting your social and cultural issues and at the end they also gives the solution which is again very good thing:tup:. But your Drama serials are very poor (yar aik shadi ke ceremony per 1000 episodes bana detay ho:omghaha:).

In short most of the bollywood films are good:cheers:, and almost all the Pakistani drama serials are very good (Very sensible/ to the point and natural acting wow).
wait WAAR yad a gai kafi period k bad aik he Movie nay kia kamal ker dia hai, wow kia movie hai and it served its purpose what we want.:pakistan:
I'm missing Pakistani serials which we used to enjoy. That was a loooong time ago. I wonder why they're not being shown on Indian TV anymore? WTF? :pissed: This sucks! I mean, if Indian serials can be shown in Pakistan why not Pakistani serials in India? :(

You're right when you say, aik shadi ke ceremony per 1000 episodes bana detay hain!! :haha: That's why I say most of our serials suck! And with heroines having 4 layers of make-up and full blooded lipstick and 10 kg of jewelry even when they wake up in the morning, really gets my goat! :sick:

So you can imagine what suffering we go through on a daily basis!! :cry: :alcoholic:

Ban it. Don't ban it. Who cares? Its not like the Indian entertainment industry will collapse if Pakistan stops permitting the import or viewing of Indian movies etc

Instead of arguing on banning over this issue that 'should we ban Indian content or not?',we must discuss for how to enhance our culture in our programs and use media as a 'tool' against 'propaganda' and strenghten it and prepare it against media war waged by Indian channels or that of west.
------------------------------------------ Now,we must first of all understand this fact,that media of any nation is already a 'soft power',it is upto the policy makers to 'use' it's power or 'not'.
So,if we are discussing to ban Indian content because it is being used as a soft power against us,then we must also ban all western channels because they are also used as 'soft power' thus spreading propagenda against us as well as western culture has effected and influenced in our daily lifestyle and fashion.
For media sector of any nation by status is a soft power,so we must ban all content represented by different nations.
On contrary to it,why don't we use our media as 'soft power',thus using it as a tool against propaganda of all sort,spreading awareness and using 'TIT for TAT' policy?
When you ban their content,or you simply refrain to show it to your subject,it means that psychologically you believe to lack enough 'guts' to counter response or expose them!
So,what my analysis says that 'running away' or 'closing your eyes' is not a solution,responding in same tone is.
One more point,in 1980s what I have heard that Indian channel Ztv has shown some Pakistani dramas,but PTV has denied and sued for showing without copy rights-
So,basically,our policy is something to be changed...In India,moves like 'khuda k liye' and 'bol' if I am not wrong is watched,and even now Indians are keenly waiting for Pakistani megahit film 'waar',although they are well aware of content the movie has.
Last but not least,Pakistani and Indian actors have represented great dramas by performing together in dramas as well as in movies.
There are may Pakistani dramas in which Indian actors have worked such as 'ana' produced in Dubai and recently 'Naseer uddin Shah' has shown his great performance in 'zinda bhaag' movie.
So,remember that media is naturally and obviously by status is identified as 'soft power',banning it will not ease your hurdles,however changing your strategies to 'control' your media and use it is a tool is best policy I will recommend,however...I agree that Pakistan can ban partial Indian content which is contrary to our interest,but full ban is not a good Idea-
-regards

Do that , who is stopping you ??

At4MpZWCMAAL9D0.jpg:large

Yes, i agree | There needs to be a total ban on Indian media content in Pakistan

@Aeronaut in the list also include Indian Music, poetry, literature and artwork,
i agree 100 percent, all indian bs, also ban imports from india.

OP's contention was "there needs to be a Total Ban on the Indian media content on Pakistani screens?

1.And why wouldn't be a total blackout possible, Make Indian content Illegal with jailterm for offense...

2.Black out all Indian Literature work, music, art works, movies, television shows.

3. Why is banning not recommended, when the aprehension is that Indian entertainment media is "subversive soft power" corrupting pakistani society and culture?

I think the question raised is less concerned with legality and more with morality....

I personally would welcome such move... If people of pakistan want this move, the government should oblige…

indians destroyed their own culture, we not going to let them destroy ours, we not kanjars.
our own film industry will develop this way. i say we should ban everything indian.

Ban it. Don't ban it. Who cares? Its not like the Indian entertainment industry will collapse if Pakistan stops permitting the import or viewing of Indian movies etc

actually it will lose tons of money, because we pakistanis will pirate it like theres no tomorrow lol.

actually it will lose tons of money, because we pakistanis will pirate it like theres no tomorrow lol.

So, you propose banning it and then pirating it "like there's no tomorrow" ? Hypocrisy at its best. It isn't the culture issue which is getting to you guys it seems. It's just the fact that India is making tons of money out of the exports to you

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom