What's new

Poll | Should there be a 'total ban' on Indian media in Pakistan??

Should there be a 'total ban' on Indian media in Pakistan??

• Total voters
not seen any pakistani channels on indian cable, hotels etc.

People are not given a choice when Pakistani media outlets are pouring Indian digital junk on their screens without their concent.

People always have a choice, you can switch of the TV or tune into some channel that isn't showing such content. If channels are showing a specific content & continuously, the logic that follows is that there is a demand for such stuff.

I'm not one of those who is interested in promoting cultural similarities, if you say that you don't identify with Indian culture(whatever that is), I'm not about to suggest otherwise. I don't particular care for either Bollywood movies or the serials and don't particularly care whether any Pakistani watches them or not. My argument was based on what seems to be an interest in such material within Pakistan, you don't see Scandinavians complaining about Indian content, do you? The barometer of what people identify or watch is what content flows most freely. I'm not questioning your right to ban whatever you want, your country after all, just the reasoning that is being put forward.

1. No issue in cultural similarities . The only point is that which I personally feel may be others disagree with me but I have seen audience give such a negative impression about Indian "culture" as portrayed in Indian dramas and movies. I have seen people saying "India walay yeh sab kartay hain. kesay log hain".

the funny thing is akta type people repeat the same scene same plot in every other production.

People always have a choice, you can switch of the TV or tune into some channel that isn't showing such content. If channels are showing a specific content & continuously, the logic that follows is that there is a demand for such stuff.

You can switch off if the Indian content is only aired on Indian channels. When local channels are taking funds from Indian media houses to air their content, people are deceived into seeing content otherwise won't be aired at all. This is fraud !

Can this same be applied on Indians when they argue that oh well we have banned Pakistani channels because Indians don't want to watch it. Why doesn't India allow Pakistani media and let the common people there decide to switch over if they don't like it

Who cares.

dekhna hai toh dekho varna bhaad m jao
bwahahaha humain bhartion k sazishi aurton walay dramay achay lagtay hain :P hum to dekhain gay.

ajeeb ajeeb nakon wali make up say bhari mardon ko band bajati :P

1. No issue in cultural similarities . The only point is that which I personally feel may be others disagree with me but I have seen audience give such a negative impression about Indian "culture" as portrayed in Indian dramas and movies. I have seen people saying "India walay yeh sab kartay hain. kesay log hain".

the funny thing is akta type people repeat the same scene same plot in every other production.

There is no denying the fact that Indian drama n serials are most stupid thing happened to indian entertainment, although i am not in favor of ban as i believe there should be a liberty of what some one want to see or not

But yes Indian soap opera style serials are all foolishly made up affecting Indian society too with there unconvincing ideas and screenplay n story

You can switch off if the Indian content is only aired on Indian channels. When local channels are taking funds from Indian media houses to air their content, people are deceived into seeing content otherwise won't be aired at all. This is fraud !
Then what you need is a ban on foreign funding into news channels, not a ban on content.

If it is an issue of content, and if people of Pakistan dont want to see Indian content, inevitably a channel will crop up that does not show Indian content to fullfill that demand.

Since that is not happening, it stands to reason that the people of Pakistan want Indian content and you want to ban it for your own parochial interests.

There is no denying the fact that Indian drama n serials are most stupid thing happened to indian entertainment, although i am not in favor of ban as i believe there should be a liberty of what some one want to see or not

But yes Indian soap opera style serials are all foolishly made up affecting Indian society too with there unconvincing ideas and sreenplay n story

neither am I asking for ban.

This is the worst thing a media can do to its people when it shows that a an educated lady fell for a drug addict , uneducated guy and lives happily instead of conveying that an educated drug addict or a ghunda should not dream of getting an educated lady by force or willingly

neither am I asking for ban.

This is the worst thing a media can do to its people when it shows that a an educated lady fell for a drug addict , uneducated guy and lives happily instead of conveying that an educated drug addict or a ghunda should not dream of getting an educated lady by force or willingly

The adulterous relations and politics in family which they preach in serials which is far from reality what indians do in real life is very bad for society as a whole

Back
Top Bottom