What's new

Poll | Should there be a 'total ban' on Indian media in Pakistan??

Should there be a 'total ban' on Indian media in Pakistan??

• Total voters
A simple ban won't solve any issue. No disrespect to a huge nation but Indian media is propaganda oriented. One thing which astonishes me a lot is that a couple of months or so back Pakistani government announced that it had handed over proofs of RAW's involvement in Baluchistan unrest. I haven't come across any significant Indian media hype on this matter. May be there is something I am not aware of. Can anybody here tell what happened after Pakistan handed over those facts to India?

I'm not one of those who is interested in promoting cultural similarities, if you say that you don't identify with Indian culture(whatever that is), I'm not about to suggest otherwise. I don't particular care for either Bollywood movies or the serials and don't particularly care whether any Pakistani watches them or not. My argument was based on what seems to be an interest in such material within Pakistan, you don't see Scandinavians complaining about Indian content, do you? The barometer of what people identify or watch is what content flows most freely. I'm not questioning your right to ban whatever you want, your country after all, just the reasoning that is being put forward.

Well i mentioned the culture because some people were referring to how Pakistanis cling to Saudis or now Turks whose culture is alien to them thats why i said that. If you don't question our right why doesn't you're government allow you the same freedom and why do most Indian posters don't get agitated when they know that Pakistani channels are banned there even if they know most people might not watch it they should still air them then shouldn't they? Does it not fall under the category of censorship then or is that freedom of choice remains freedom as long as its about "them" and not "us".

bwahahaha humain bhartion k sazishi aurton walay dramay achay lagtay hain :P hum to dekhain gay.

ajeeb ajeeb nakon wali make up say bhari mardon ko band bajati :P
India m toh thik h lekin ye kachra Pakistanion ko bhi pasand hai? :lol:

And to the primary question of the thread 'No we should not ban Indian media'. That was never a solution and will never be.

Can this same be applied on Indians when they argue that oh well we have banned Pakistani channels because Indians don't want to watch it. Why doesn't India allow Pakistani media and let the common people there decide to switch over if they don't like it

It could be applied to Indians too, I'm not arguing the merits or otherwise of such a decision, only the reasoning being offered. I haven't seen the reason for an Indian ban given as either being of a different culture or of no interest.

It could be applied to Indians too, I'm not arguing the merits or otherwise of such a decision, only the reasoning being offered. I haven't seen the reason for an Indian ban given as either being of a different culture or of no interest.

Both reasons in my personal opinion or wrong or less convincing that's why NO ban ever put or worked.

I would go for technical reasons to ban or limit the Indian content. There are plenty and we must work on that

1. No issue in cultural similarities . The only point is that which I personally feel may be others disagree with me but I have seen audience give such a negative impression about Indian "culture" as portrayed in Indian dramas and movies. I have seen people saying "India walay yeh sab kartay hain. kesay log hain".

That is par for the course. Indians did it about American family dramas when they were first exposed to it. Eventually interest dies down, it loses the shock value & people move on.

I think it is better to investigate if a certain forign content is making a positive or negative impact on our society if its making a positive impact it should be allowed even if it's indian, russian , or turkish otherwise even vulgar pakistani content should be banned

I think it is better to investigate if a certain forign content is making a positive or negative impact on our society if its making a positive impact it should be allowed even if it's indian, russian , or turkish otherwise even vulgar pakistani content should be banned

And what if a state is using its media as a tool for cultural subversion and soft power as a matter of state policy?

And what if a state is using its media as a tool for cultural subversion and soft power as a matter of state policy?

Sonia Gandhi once talked about drowning Pakistan through such state policy in the effort she and her govt created sickulars ;) today they lost their own one.

bikini blouse sari, out of marriage pregnancy culture is definitely not Indian culture either.

Sonia Gandhi once talked about drowning through such state policy in the effort she and her govt created sickulars ;) today they lost their own one.

bikini blouse sari, out of marriage pregnancy culture is definitely not Indian culture either.

Indian media is like a 'subcontractor' that exports alien culture into India makes it more degenerate and then exports it to Pakistan. In other words, we are getting bottom of the barrel.

If you don't question our right why doesn't you're government allow you the same freedom and why do most Indian posters don't get agitated when they know that Pakistani channels are banned there even if they know most people might not watch it they should still air them then shouldn't they? Does it not fall under the category of censorship then or is that freedom of choice remains freedom as long as its about "them" and not "us".

I don't question your right to ban, only the reasoning put forward. If you said that you didn't want Indian content because you see us as an enemy nation, no issue. The argument about interest, cultural similarities etc... become largely irrelevant then.

I have no issues if Pakistani content is shown in India. Maybe the Pakistani government should ask for such a clause in a MFN treaty agreement. I actually don't know the Indian government's position on Pakistani content (non-news), I don't know whether there is any actual ban in place for entertainment material. However what is being spoken off is foreign content on Indian channels, that would be a decision only the channels could make(in the abdence of a government order).

Yes, i agree | There needs to be a total ban on Indian media content in Pakistan

@Aeronaut in the list also include Indian Music, poetry, literature and artwork,

Actually all foreign and imported media content in to Pakistan needs to be banned. There are sometimes hidden and subliminal messages hidden in anything. For instance any Secularist material actually masks Atheism and Godlessness. Similarly Poetry, Literature and Artwork can be used to be seditiously employed. All of these can become conduits for corrupted and impure ideas to enter the "Land of the Pure".
There should be a complete "Iron Curtain" lowered down to protect the Country. Or better still, a "Bamboo Curtain" should be borrowed from the Chinese friends. They know all about the required technology required to set one up.

Anything that can be potentially Haraam should be completely proscribed.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom