What's new

Playstation 4, Xbox One or Nintendo U

Till now I have stuck to PC Gaming but for the first time I might go for a console. PS4 seems to be an decent console. But the problem is I don't have a good HD TV thinking about going for Sony Bravia KDL-HX-850-46. What do you guys think about this TV?

Till now I have stuck to PC Gaming but for the first time I might go for a console. PS4 seems to be an decent console. But the problem is I don't have a good HD TV thinking about going for Sony Bravia KDL-HX-850-46. What do you guys think about this TV?

be sure to buy HD tv with upto 4k resolution capacity.normal HD tv have 2k resolution which was good for previous ps3 and xbox360.

4k resolution is 4096 x 2160 pixels and is called "Ultra HD"

2k resolution is 1080 x 1920 pixels and is called "HD"

it is like you are stuck at 800x 600 resolution monitor while game can go upto 1600 x 1200 pixels . simple half the quality.

IMPORTANT:

xbox 1 and ps4 supports videos palyback in 4k for now but games on 1080 x 1920 p.can they offer games in actual 4k at launch titles or in near future is doubtful now.read the following article i am posting the link

Xbox One and PS4: Analyzing their support for 4K​

How much for the ps4 ? I want to buy one :((( but mienay suna its very expensive

PS4 will cost 400 dollars at launch. The Xbox One will cost 500 dollars.

But even though the PS4 is cheaper, it is actually more powerful than Xbox One.

Playstation 4.
Every console my family has bought was a Japanese one, starting from the good old NES. I hope they release GTA 5 for the PS4.
They released GTA 5 gameplay footage today.

Playstation 4.
Every console my family has bought was a Japanese one, starting from the good old NES. I hope they release GTA 5 for the PS4.
They released GTA 5 gameplay footage today.

good old NES days

GTA V gameplay walkthrough released: Who needs PS4 or Xbox One?

GTA V gameplay walkthrough released: Who needs PS4 or Xbox One? - Pocket-lint

GTA 5: 'Nothing to share at this time' on PS4, Xbox One, and PC versions, says Rockstar

GTA 5: 'Nothing to share at this time' on PS4, Xbox One, and PC versions, says Rockstar - Grand Theft Auto 5 for Xbox 360 News

X box one for me. The Playstation has a slight edge in terms of graphic power and memory but the games are better for the x box one, with one in particular that everyone is waiting for. From the founders of the Call of Duty franchise, who left to form their own company, we have the epic Titanfall.

Last edited by a moderator:
X box one for me. The Playstation has a slight edge in terms of graphic power and memory but the games are better for the x box one, with one in particular that everyone is waiting for. From the founders of the Call of Duty franchise, who left to form their own company, we have the epic Titanfall.

It also depends which console gets mod first which would allow us to play pirated games on. For some reason, consoles are more expensive than pc hardware in Pakistan...even though the prices of consoles has greatly reduced and their hardware quite out dated.

Last edited by a moderator:
Simplified explanation of how the PS4 is twice as strong graphically as the Xbox One

By Mr Tom
vgchartz forum

Background Information:

-In today's day and age the GPU is the bottleneck LONG before the CPU. Thus the GPU will be at the center of what is compared.

-Both consoles use the same AMD 7000 series architecture so they can be directly compared to their desktop/pc equivalent.

-I have extensive experience overclocking and using many of the cards from the 7000 series.

-In my expereince, the 7000 series benefits directly from changes in Core/VRAM speed. This sounds obvious but what I mean is when I overclock my Amd HD 7970, its in-game performance boost is equal to ((OverclockedCore/OriginalCore)+(OverclockedVRAM/OriginalVRAM))/2.

-Theoretical computational power does not translate directly into gaming performance. For instance a 7970 is FAR more powerful computationally than the Navidia 680, but it is only a little stronger.

-Latency in memory is no where near as important as speed when it comes to graphics cards.

-The most important specs are CoreClock, VRAMClock, bandwidth, and # of compute units. That is what I will analyze here.

-The Amd HD 7870 is roughly twice as strong in game performance than the Amd HD 7770.

Comparing Xbox One to the HD 7770

The 7770 has:

-10 Compute Units

-1000MHZ Core

-4500 GHz VRAM

-128-bit Bandwidth

The Xbox One has;

-12 CU

-800MHz Core

-2133MHz VRAM

-256-Bit

So first off the Xbox One has 20% less core speed while the 7770 has 20% less cores; thus they cancel each other out. The Xbox One has double the bandwidth so its VRAM should be effectively 4166MHz compared to the 7770's 4500MHz. The ESRAM and the small tweaks to the One's architecture should make up the rest of VRAM difference. Thus as you can see they very easily compare to each other and it is more than fair to say the One effectively has a 7770 in it.

Comparing the PS4 to the 7870:

The HD 7870 has:

-20 CU

-1000MHz Core

-4800MHz VRAM

-256-bit

The PS4 has:

-18 CU

-800MHz Core

-5500MHz VRAM

-256-Bit

So the PS4 seems 10% in the CU department and 20% weaker in the core speed area. But the VRAM in the 7870 is 15% slower. So we are left with a 15% difficency that will easily be made up by the PS4 GPU's special Architectural and HSA improvements to round it off to a 7870.

Other things to factor into the overall performance difference:

-The PS4 has a secondary back-up processor that handles all of the background functions so the main CPU can be used in its entirety. However the Xbox One does not have one, and as such will have to dedicate at least one core to maintaining the 3 OS's.

-The PS4 has access to 7GB of RAM while the One has access to 5GB. This will reduce the size of the textures the One can use, and how many enemies/things can be used/shown at once.

For me, hardware is not that important factor. Actually, I wouldnt mind if develepors continued with the PS3 for 5 more years. As long as the games are good. After I played Last Of Us, I remember thinking to myself: Is there really need for new console?

So Im going with PS4. But not because the hardware is stronger, but because I know 100% that the exlusive games on it are gonna be awesome.

Back
Top Bottom