What's new

Should I get a PC or a PlayStation?

Get a PC

a decent motherboard + cpu to begin with to give you some some room to upgrade a few years into the future, just get the basics/foundation right.. something that can be built upon going fwd in case you're not willing to go wild with your budget and build a beast right away and max everything out.

consoles are much lesser hassle, almost never run into tech issues with one but games are expensive.. no steam sales etc, AAA titles stay expensive even years post release.

Man, I could write a 10000 word essay on why PC > consoles but just

trust me, bro.. PC le lo, do not skimp on motherboard or PSU.. CPU you can cheap out on in case of budgetary constraints, same with the GPU. The idea is to kinda future proof, so you have an upgrade path into the future as and when your situation allows.

anyway, it all depends on how much you willing to/can spend on one.

budget batao, we'll be able to help you better.

I was thinking more along the lines of something like an RX6600 (~60k, as per PPG Facebook group) + a Ryzen 5 3600.

A seller there is willing to build me the whole thing for 140k or roughly 490 bucks.

Do you think it's a good idea?
It could work, but you have to play 1080p or 1440p instead of 4K.

On PS5, you can get 1440p or 4K, at 60fps or less tho.

EDIT: Of course, this doesn't take into account the cost for your monitor and/or TV of course.
I'm currently using an OLED TV as my monitor.

Last edited:
Got Xbox x , PS5 & PC

Now this depends on you, i have a 8k TV already but if you just wanna play games, than get consoles quality is night & day on what you gone get from pc in similar price range.
But you cant install pirated games and games are expensive so will need a monthly Pass.
Console will hit 60HZ on 4k no issue while on PC you need DLSS so need someone new.

Got PC which i mainly using for fps or tps games,
Its the old platform we love. So mainly it depends on what you looking for , for over all PC gives you alot of options specially pirated games on console its the ease

I'm mainly interested in offline gaming. Too damn old to play multiplayers with a bunch of whiny-arse kiddies!

The reason I don't want a PS5 is because:

1. It's around ~175k here i.e well outside of my budget.
2. I'm really looking forward to playing Starfield... which I believe is an Xbox/PC exclusive.

My preference is PC as I love piracy but I wouldn't mind getting the baby Xbox Series S.

Any idea what kind of PC should I get?

@jhungary
Most game company will check their game even if they are offline. I know for a fact that Grand Theft Auto V (not online, but the single player campaign) Call of Duty (at least MW and MW2) both check the game in single player with their anti-cheat system, you will know most game now would require you to have online connection even if you are playing offline, most Ubisoft and EA Game title does.

I think pirate only work if you are going after older games.

On the other hand, don't waste your money on Xbox Series S, they are shit, someone gifted me one and I didn't even touch it, unlike PS5, Xbox Series S have shittier graphic than Series X (PS5 is the same between disc and digital version)

As for what type of PC you should go after, if I were you, I would most likely build a older system or buy one second hand, forget about 10+ xxx (so 10xxx, 11xxx, 12xxx) they aren't really giving you a lot of performance boost, I would go for a coffee lake, and I would most likely choose i5 (i5 9500 is around 100 USD) instead of i7 to save money for my graphic card. Depends on how much you have and how much gaming experience you are after, I would go for either an entry level 2060 turbo (which is around 200 USD) so you would have a system for just around 5-$600, if you have money to spare, then get 2070 which is around 300-350 USD

Lmao they can't stop people from pirating games.
Well, as I said, you can pirate it, but play it at your own risk, I know quite a few people get sent C&D letter after playing pirate version of game. It still work with older game, but newer one is probably offlimit. Especially if you are talking about company that can spare money to do something like that.

I am all for PC gaming and a PC gamer Myself. But i doubt you will get a decent one in that budget. And Used Graphic cards are all Mined to death. Too many frauds in local marker beware.

If your budget dont allow you to buy games then dont even think about consoles. Most In Pakistan resort to download pirated games because of so high price of games compared to our currency and income.

Your best solution in this budget is get a used gaming laptop of 6th 7th generation with an Nvidia 970m or 1060m. Any brand will do. Acer, Asus, Gateway etc. No need to fall into the "Brand trap" of Pakistani Sellers to sell you an HP or a Dell at stupidly high price.
Trust me it will be best in your budget. The Graphics card will have good health remaining to it, It will be cheaper to maintain. Get a good gaming mouse with it too if you like FPS games.

budget batao, we'll be able to help you better.

150k PKR maximum which is like... hot damn, ~43k INR.

Console will hit 60HZ on 4k no issue while on PC you need DLSS so need someone new.

Current gen. consoles will only hit 60 on last gen. games.

After all, Starfield will be hard locked to 30FPS on both Xbox Series S and X with no 60FPS option.

PC.... console are for peasants!

Preach, brother!

Nah. I used to be all about PCs back in the days. But now, I believe consoles have their uses!

Most game company will check their game even if they are offline. I know for a fact that Grand Theft Auto V (not online, but the single player campaign) Call of Duty (at least MW and MW2) both check the game in single player with their anti-cheat system, you will know most game now would require you to have online connection even if you are playing offline, most Ubisoft and EA Game title does.

I played a cracked GTA-V, no problems. But yes, you won't be able to play online.

As for offline games, I don't think that's the case. Repack sites like FitGirl, Dodi, R.G Mechanics, etc. release games just mere weeks - or at most a month or so - after their original release.

1687094855754.png

On the other hand, don't waste your money on Xbox Series S, they are shit, someone gifted me one and I didn't even touch it, unlike PS5, Xbox Series S have shittier graphic than Series X (PS5 is the same between disc and digital version)

Gib Xbox!

I am all for PC gaming and a PC gamer Myself. But i doubt you will get a decent one in that budget. And Used Graphic cards are all Mined to death. Too many frauds in local marker beware.

Yeah, that's a problem. Though, hopefully, mining was in steep decline when RX6600 came out... which is the card I'm thinking about buying, in case I do go the PC route, alongside a Ryzen 5 3600 CPU.

Your best solution in this budget is get a used gaming laptop of 6th 7th generation with an Nvidia 970m or 1060m. Any brand will do. Acer, Asus, Gateway etc.

Nah, I can't consider laptops. Run too damn hot and just years later, they conk out.

All that thermal contraction and expansion is really, really hard on the components, especially capacitors and the solder balls that connect the silicon chip to the PCB.

That's why most laptops need reballing within a few years, which can be quite expensive, even here in Pakistan.

Why not XBox?

I'm indeed considering an Xbox Series S.

Current gen. consoles will only hit 60 on last gen. games.

After all, Starfield will be hard locked to 30FPS on both Xbox Series S and X with no 60FPS option.

Preach, brother!

Nah. I used to be all about PCs back in the days. But now, I believe consoles have their uses!

I played a cracked GTA-V, no problems. But yes, you won't be able to play online.

As for offline games, I don't think that's the case. Repack sites like FitGirl, Dodi, R.G Mechanics, etc. release games just mere weeks - or at most a month or so - after their original release.

View attachment 934992

Gib Xbox!

Yeah, that's a problem. Though, hopefully, mining was in steep decline when RX6600 came out... which is the card I'm thinking about buying, in case I do go the PC route, alongside a Ryzen 5 3600 CPU.

Nah, I can't consider laptops. Run too damn hot and just years later, they conk out.

All that thermal contraction and expansion is really, really hard on the components, especially capacitors and the solder balls that connect the silicon chip to the PCB.

That's why most laptops need reballing within a few years, which can be quite expensive, even here in Pakistan.

I'm indeed considering an Xbox Series S.
Well majority of these games are getting optimised
Alot of SP ,racing or sims you dont really need 200hz refresh rate.
30 to 60 is more than enough.

For your budget, I would advise getting a newer variant of the PS4.

The Series S is not worth it's salt from what my friends have said.

With a PC, it is often going to be more difficult to maintain with a lower budget, as well as the fact that you won't get as good quality with the budget that you have, compared to of you used it for a PS4.
PC I see people pirating games all the time, tougher to do with console

Same is with non pirated games

Reality is the cost of games matter more then the cost of PC/ps

So, I'm an old geezer in his 30s looking for a budget-oriented gaming 'machine' in around ~100-125k price range. I think it's the perfect time to play some games I've been meaning to play for the past decade or so! Plus, I'm also about to get married and I'm pretty sure I soon won't have the luxury of playing video games.

Now, here's the thing: I've never owned a console in my life!

I don't know how to play with a controller! However, I do appreciate the simplicity and ease of use of a console. I like the idea of just sitting back, relax, and then just click on a game and start playing right away. No fuss, no frustration, no drama.

Meanwhile, I've had several PCs which I built personally as I was a hardware buff in my teens.

My last "gaming PC" was an old Core 2 Quad Q6600 with 4GB of RAM and an Nvidia GTS250 1GB. Believe it or not, that thing was actually head and shoulders above the likes of PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360. I played a number of games such as Fallout 3, New Vegas, Mass Effect Trilogy at a rock-solid 768p 60FPS whereas both PS3 and X360 ran them at like 30FPS locked. What else? It even managed to run GTA-V at a pretty solid ~45ish FPS.

With a PC, I'll most "definitely" be pirating games from the likes of FitGirl, R.G Mechanics, Dodi, you name it. I mean, why not, right?! However, I've no idea what kind of PC I should get. I'm thinking hexa-core with something like a 4GB GPU or something? Can someone guide me here as I'm a bit out of touch with the PC market.

As for the console, I'm considering the Xbox Series S as with an Xbox, you've the option to play your Xbox games on the PC (in case I do end up building a PC in the distant future, assuming I keep breathing) + there's also the Xbox Game Pass which sounds pretty good.

I'm also considering a PlayStation 4 Pro, which I can find brand new for around ~125k but then I won't have much dough left to buy games and other crap.

Any ideas?
build a pc

There is currently a lull in PC hardware prices.

Also, PC has access to lots of free games even if you don't pirate.

Current gen console hardware is also no longer cutting edge.

There is also the side benefit that if you get a decent PC for gaming, your work productivity will also increase.

So, I'm an old geezer in his 30s looking for a budget-oriented gaming 'machine' in around ~100-125k price range. I think it's the perfect time to play some games I've been meaning to play for the past decade or so! Plus, I'm also about to get married and I'm pretty sure I soon won't have the luxury of playing video games.

Now, here's the thing: I've never owned a console in my life!

I don't know how to play with a controller! However, I do appreciate the simplicity and ease of use of a console. I like the idea of just sitting back, relax, and then just click on a game and start playing right away. No fuss, no frustration, no drama.

Meanwhile, I've had several PCs which I built personally as I was a hardware buff in my teens.

My last "gaming PC" was an old Core 2 Quad Q6600 with 4GB of RAM and an Nvidia GTS250 1GB. Believe it or not, that thing was actually head and shoulders above the likes of PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360. I played a number of games such as Fallout 3, New Vegas, Mass Effect Trilogy at a rock-solid 768p 60FPS whereas both PS3 and X360 ran them at like 30FPS locked. What else? It even managed to run GTA-V at a pretty solid ~45ish FPS.

With a PC, I'll most "definitely" be pirating games from the likes of FitGirl, R.G Mechanics, Dodi, you name it. I mean, why not, right?! However, I've no idea what kind of PC I should get. I'm thinking hexa-core with something like a 4GB GPU or something? Can someone guide me here as I'm a bit out of touch with the PC market.

As for the console, I'm considering the Xbox Series S as with an Xbox, you've the option to play your Xbox games on the PC (in case I do end up building a PC in the distant future, assuming I keep breathing) + there's also the Xbox Game Pass which sounds pretty good.

I'm also considering a PlayStation 4 Pro, which I can find brand new for around ~125k but then I won't have much dough left to buy games and other crap.

Any ideas?
get both.

Hmm, not sure how PC parts are priced in Pk. Here in India we pay close to double of the listed US msrp for stuff like graphics cards and other components.

You could considering saving up some more till your budget is a bit meatier than now, or, go the console route. Consoles do have their advantages, they're cheaper and almost never run into the sorts of issues PC often do. The trade off is that games are way more expensive (no Steam etc), and that a lot of stuff on PC like flight sims and others have no console ports.

What kind of games are you into ? You looking to use that machine for more than just gaming, as in some type of content creation (audio/video etc) too ?

Also consider going the finance route, easy EMIs that don't put a huge dent in your wallet and you're comfortable paying it off.

Best would be to just bite the bullet, expend yourself a bit, and get a proper upgradable gaming rig where you don't max out everything from the get go but have room to slowly add more RAM, storage, get a better Gfx card etc. That's how I build mine, with a few years game plan in mind and keep adding more as and when I need to.

Good luck.

If you're into hanging out with friends and family, chilling together in your basement or living room or wherever, and playing games in person, then PS4 is the way to go. But if you're more of a solo gamer who likes to kick back and chill, PC is the way to go.

I've got both, but I mostly lean towards the PS4 because I'm not a fan of playing games all by myself. I hardly ever use my PC for gaming.

My nephews use my PC way more than I ever did 😭🤣

Whenever I have friends or family over, that's when I bring out the PS4 and challenge them in cricket, Madden, 2k, UFC,. It's way more exciting than playing against the AI.

Personally speaking - I'd invest in ps4

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom