What's new

PIA to acquire eight new aircraft on dry lease

Might not have been what was offered for lease at the best price per seat. I just hope PIA can fill all those seats.

220 million people with ever connected commerce and social constructs.

Market will only get bigger and more versatile.

Pakistan Post should lease some too.

They have just invited the bid as of right now, but it has to be a narrow body. I believe it will be slightly older models of A320, it doesnt make sense to lease NEO and pay a higher lease price while the oil prices are dirt cheapView attachment 692909

The only plausible choice for a 170 plus seater narrow-body that fits the PIA requirement above is the Airbus A321 or A321neo (New Engine Option) having 2 class seating capacities of 186 and 200 plus passengers, respectively. I say 321 and not B737 high capacity options, because PIA already operates 11 of the A320's, and cockpit commonality is one way to reduce pilot re-rating costs, which is VERY expensive.

Airbus also offers a Longer Range option (A321XLR), which has a 4700 Nautical Mile Range (LHR to ISB is around 4000 miles non-stop) so theoretically, PIA could operate KHI or ISB to LHR using A321's. For various reasons, this may not be practicable (route planning etc.).

Last edited:
1607064330061.png

220 million people with ever connected commerce and social constructs.

Market will only get bigger and more versatile.

Pakistan Post should lease some too.

I agree the Embrarer is best suited, as it is most likely to fly full, especially for routes to mid-sized cities. It is also best suited to used in commonality with the Air Force and navy (common or shared maintaince faculties) and with economies of scale could be one of the wisest decision the long run, especially if it frees us from the gulf carriers. Just hope PIA can be reformed or privatized to accomplish this. Otherwise, I fear it may end up business as usual.

Last edited:
PIA needs to start service to Australia and NZ. Huge desi market there just like north America

It is very important to cleanse PIA of corrupt and fake personals who have only harmed the national carrier

Back
Top Bottom