What's new

PIA record rise in revenue; up to 45%

How much was the expense, if expense is more than revenue then nothing happened......

Idhar aik shana dusra andho may kanaa hay , Jub inki bari ati hay tub yeh KG kay students ban jatay hain. Janab insay yeh mat poochiye kyunkay inki aqal say ye bath aari hay. :hitwall::hitwall:

You ever run a company without revenue? Zero financial education leads to your comment.

Why do you generate revenue ? Jhak marnay kay liye ?

Idhar aik shana dusra andho may kanaa hay , Jub inki bari ati hay tub yeh KG kay students ban jatay hain. Janab insay yeh mat poochiye kyunkay inki aqal say ye bath aari hay. :hitwall::hitwall:

Why do you generate revenue ? Jhak marnay kay liye ?
You really don't know how corporations work do you.

You really don't know how corporations work do you.

Aray bhai you are generating 100 billion Rs in revenue for example and you incurred a loss of 34 billion Rs i.e .34 percent of the revenue, this year you generated 145 billion and incurred a loss of 58 billion .4 percent of the revenue. Tell me you did well or bad ? My question is did this proportion increased or decreased ? I am not even talking about profits. Bhai is may konsi rocket science hay. The increase in revenue can be due to zillion other factors e.g rupee de-valuation leading to higher fuel costs thus higher expenses and higher fares for customer , rise in fuel costs itself and etc etc etc .The most important variable on which Financial performance of your lovely corporate will be judged is by the profits its generating. If its not a Charity or NGO. Somebody has to pay for that loss , government or the customers or other stake holders. All of you guys seem to be stuck with revenue.

Last edited:
How much is the profit ? Revenue ka achar dalna hay ?
I suspect there are no profits yet but increase in revenue by 45% is significant achievement as most of the cost of airliner are fixed which includes salaries and depreciation of aircraft, rentals and interest on loans.

The veriable cost, i.e. cost of fuel is much small in comparison to overall cost.

Increase in revenue means you will be able to reconver those fixed cost. I think PIA is making operational profits now and will soon make net profit as well.

I suspect there are no profits yet but increase in revenue by 45% is significant achievement as most of the cost of airliner are fixed which includes salaries and depreciation of aircraft, rentals and interest on loans.

The veriable cost, i.e. cost of fuel is much small in comparison to overall cost.

Increase in revenue means you will be able to reconver those fixed cost. I think PIA is making operational profits now and will soon make net profit as well.

Yes thats what i am asking that the deficit increased or decreased.

i think any audit trainee involved in audit of PIA can tell about this as they go through financial of such companies and review their data very closely.I have no idea which audit firm is involved in audit of PIA

i think any audit trainee involved in audit of PIA can tell about this as they go through financial of such companies and review their data very closely.I have no idea which audit firm is involved in audit of PIA

The problem is not audit , auditor and figures sir! the problem is the use of incorrect indicators to analyse financial performance of organizations deliberately on media and people defending it here ........... When i talked about data manipulation one of our colleagues got hurt here and asked me to define data manipulation.

Financials not uploaded yet. It is difficult to say. Lets wait for the official results

The problem is not audit , auditor and figures sir! the problem is the use of incorrect indicators to analyse financial performance of organizations deliberately on media and people defending it here ........... When i talked about data manipulation one of our colleagues got hurt here and asked me to define data manipulation.
Revenue is not incorrect indicator. Its a partial indicator telling only half of the picture but u cant ignore it as it show progress in atleast one of the area

Financials not uploaded yet. It is difficult to say. Lets wait for the official results

Revenue is not incorrect indicator. Its a partial indicator telling only half of the picture but u cant ignore it as it show progress in at least one of the area

Agreed ! it depends on the financial situation and is always assessed comparatively with variables like profit and loss or any other. Else revenue rather is a good indicator of sales but not financial performance. Lets say it depends on where , when and how its used and what its representing.

As if its your choice not to consider billions of dollars of assets and the profits it can generate, but readily consider point out all the Loans and Interest payments . Now who is burying his head where ? I never talked about interests and payments in first place ,you did, to prove what ? this money is not borrowed yesterday it is decades of accumulated debt and the interest is being paid from years and is increasing? Didn't this government promised to fix these problems? Keh koi naya khwab dekha hay tumnay ?

Say that we are ready to do a rolla about paying interests but we are not ready to talk about own incompetence that we cannot generate profits from billions of dollars of assets same as former governments. Plus its HALAL to dance about increase in revenue to tell people all is well and we are very competent. But its a sin to talk about the effect of this on our profit and loss ? Because that will expose the reality of munafqat. What a pity!

I simply asked what is the effect of this increased revenue on the overall profit and loss of PIA, which you did not answer ? There is no need to go round and round. The question is simple so should be the answer. Otherwise no need to dance.
Sir
You are claiming PIA increase in 45% revenues is a book management because PIA has alot of dry non profitable assets (which it cant sell and has to pay 50-60b in interest payment)..
Now why are wandering off topic
Because to me it makes no sense

PIA cant and wil not make profit unless govt take over the loans..the very reason why somebody lended PIA money was that it was given govt grantees..no body in their right mind expeeceted PIA to pay back

So PIA privatization or govt management will have to address the 400b debt that was soley acquired during the jiyala and matwala period

Noone will buy a negative 400b company why not open a new airline rather than buying PIA

Ask khaqan abasi his airblue was doing good

Aray bhai you are generating 100 billion Rs in revenue for example and you incurred a loss of 34 billion Rs i.e .34 percent of the revenue, this year you generated 145 billion and incurred a loss of 58 billion .4 percent of the revenue. Tell me you did well or bad ? My question is did this proportion increased or decreased ? I am not even talking about profits. Bhai is may konsi rocket science hay. The increase in revenue can be due to zillion other factors e.g rupee de-valuation leading to higher fuel costs thus higher expenses and higher fares for customer , rise in fuel costs itself and etc etc etc .The most important variable on which Financial performance of your lovely corporate will be judged is by the profits its generating. If its not a Charity or NGO. Somebody has to pay for that loss , government or the customers or other stake holders. All of you guys seem to be stuck with revenue.
Could be a zillion factors until financials are made public. Corporations are judged by their performance; not profit. Investors invest because they stand to make a profit someday on their investment. PIA won't magically start generating profit in a year. If revenues are up; that is a good sign.

They should reduce expenses though and that would be an issue because the corporation is a state run entity. Unions etc slow down reforms. If PIA turns around to make a profit someday 5 years later; these losses are nothing to be honest.

Just so that you know:

Uber has disclosed earnings for the second time since becoming a public company, reporting revenues of $3.16 billion on losses of $5.2 billion for the second quarter of 2019.

https://techcrunch.com/2019/08/08/uber-stock-plummets-following-second-quarter-earnings-report

Could be a zillion factors until financials are made public. Corporations are judged by their performance; not profit. Investors invest because they stand to make a profit someday on their investment. PIA won't magically start generating profit in a year. If revenues are up; that is a good sign.

They should reduce expenses though and that would be an issue because the corporation is a state run entity. Unions etc slow down reforms. If PIA turns around to make a profit someday 5 years later; these losses are nothing to be honest.

Just so that you know:

Uber has disclosed earnings for the second time since becoming a public company, reporting revenues of $3.16 billion on losses of $5.2 billion for the second quarter of 2019.

https://techcrunch.com/2019/08/08/uber-stock-plummets-following-second-quarter-earnings-report
Good post, but hard to make a blind man see.

Sir
You are claiming PIA increase in 45% revenues is a book management because PIA has alot of dry non profitable assets (which it cant sell and has to pay 50-60b in interest payment)..
Now why are wandering off topic
Because to me it makes no sense

PIA cant and wil not make profit unless govt take over the loans..the very reason why somebody lended PIA money was that it was given govt grantees..no body in their right mind expeeceted PIA to pay back

So PIA privatization or govt management will have to address the 400b debt that was soley acquired during the jiyala and matwala period

Noone will buy a negative 400b company why not open a new airline rather than buying PIA

Ask khaqan abasi his airblue was doing good

Sir , I never claimed mis-management or anything in this case. How easy it would be for us to understand to say 45 percent revenue increased the total loss also decreased by x percentage compared to previous year. We would have no point of arguing. But when somebody tells us one figure but the other is not to be found what should we call it then. I think its a joke with this country. Now sir dont tell me that they had one figure but not other.

The problems with asset management prevails so does that of debt management from decades. No body is expecting it to be in profit overnight. But i can claim that i did well if losses decreased.

Just so that you know:

Tell me uber is doing well or bad based on this quarterly financial report and why?

Last edited:
One the money is tracked in account where it is going it is clear PIA makes Profit
All money in PIA should be tracked digitally and , audited to ensure no one is robbing the system during accounting

Tell me uber is doing well or bad based on this quarterly financial report and why?

Depends on which side of the fence you're on from a ride share service perspective. Every business model has its flaws. PIA is running too fat because of the political hiring. It should go into lean startup mode.

Even Etihad is running in a loss:

The Abu Dhabi state-owned airline blamed challenging market conditions including higher fuel prices for a $1.28 billion loss in 2018, narrower than the $1.52 billion it lost in 2017.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-...utive-loss-as-jobs-aircraft-cut-idUSKCN1QV17I

Going by this; with the brightest minds running Etihad and essentially catering to majority of the traffic in the nearby region and beyond; what makes you think PIA is gonna scale and make a profit?

I'd agree with you if you'd say shut the airline because there is no point in running it at a loss. We know the answer though to that one.

Funnily; on techcrunch today:

Enterprise businesses should focus on unit economics of sales early. When a business scales, it rarely buys you better economics — usually it just means more losses.

https://techcrunch.com/2019/09/13/c...up-the-magic-number-that-will-help-you-scale/

Good post, but hard to make a blind man see.
I'd rather be nice and say oblivious to the facts.

Back
Top Bottom