What's new

Panjshair Based Indian Puppets Itching for Trouble

Lol.
This is what Ahmad Massoud himself wrote just a couple of hours back in WaPO.

Both brothers of Massoud are in Pakistan, you can cook up this resistance in your imagination but it's not happening in real. As things stand, even Massoud's son wants strategic ties with Pakistan. He wants a political settlement and representation in the next setup and is going to get it. The above is just him exploiting his leverage. There will be no fighting in or around Panjshir. =)

Keep in mind that this time around all SCO + Iran is on one page. This leaves no area to supply Panjshir from. Unless you can find me one on the map. This means no access to the northern distribution network or Tajik/Uzbek routes in. Why do you believe the entire Northern Militia switched sides, overnight?

Last edited:
Seriously folks, look at the map? How's any outside power going to supply these people? Even if you take into accounts airdrops? It's a negotiating ploy and that's it. If Panjshir was to make a last stand, the entire NA would not have switched sides on day one. He's putting the ball in the US's court, for keeping the line of communication open in the future. He's asking for US help, knowing there's no air route in even for the US to supply him.

That in itself eases his hand for a political settlement with the new setup (I had no choice).

The Afghan Air Force that defected to Uzbekistan may be a factor and should be watched. The Russians may even send most of them back to the panjshir if it suites their interests. Manpads may still be a nessecary coach or if the panjshiri do get the birds.

Surely, they must’ve known that Panjshair is a problematic area because of the well known opposition that lives there. Why didn’t they capture it before going to Kabul?

The Panjshairis are masters of Guerilla tactics, reports of attacks in Parwan have emerged. The supply routes from Kabul to the North pass through the dreaded Salang Tunnel, these areas are still not in Taliban hands.

Panjshir is a defendable little valley where mass troop movement for a conventional army is prone to ambushes.
But this time around its the taliban who have the edge in every field.
See how they took northern cities this time around? Where were the northern scum?
Heck this time even russian and iranis have negotiated peace with taliban so who is going to support these scumbags?
The Afghan Air Force that defected to Uzbekistan may be a factor and should be watched. The Russians may even send most of them back to the panjshir if it suites their interests. Manpads may still be a nessecary coach or if the panjshiri do get the birds.

Id imagine the talibs might have got their hands on MANPADs considering the large caches they got their hands on.

Panjshir is a defendable little valley where mass troop movement for a conventional army is prone to ambushes.
But this time around its the taliban who have the edge in every field.
See how they took northern cities this time around? Where were the northern scum?
Heck this time even russian and iranis have negotiated peace with taliban so who is going to support these scumbags?
Turkey is a possible spoiler but I hope some one can talk sense into them.

USA will support this group - heard ex-Pentagon adviser on TV calling this resistance the only 'good news'!

I am just wondering when USA will slap arms sanctions on Taliban. IEA will need an airforce to finish this group.

Amarullah we gonna and we will get you whatever hole you hiding in.
I prophize your end before August is over and first one to say here
Rest in pieces many pieces...

Where ANA fell like a deck of cards, what hope for any small time militia force.
With the booty left by Americans, there's no shortage of Cash and modern weapons for the Talibans.
And i think i did see something like Manpads in the find.

Traversing 225-450 km will be a walk in the park for SU-25, SU-30, C-17 and MI-17, in the absence of air defence.

MI-17 will most probably be stationed at 225 due to fuel capacity unless external tanks are attached.

Arming areas, surrounding Panjshair, with AA will increase probability of neutralizing infiltration by suppliers.

It would not be surprising if SOF are also paradropped, unless taken out by snipers.

I am more interested in how this development could effect TTA's outlook of TTP. Is a consolidated TTA rule in Afghanistan in our interest, or should there be some armed opposition against TTA that keeps them on their toes and keep them from offering any meaningful support to TTP? Could this bring TTP and TTA closer if NA 2.0 becomes a threat and its ranks swell?

Back
Top Bottom