What's new

Pakistan's Special Operations Forces: SSG | SSGN | SSW | SOW | SOG

@Horus you are like an older brother to me.. hence dont take offence.. but you can correct some info in the article.. starting with the weapons in service,details of ex with foriegn troops,some operations and even the training & foriegn deputations...

AUG for example has been in service since over a decade.
MGs in service.
AK series in service.
Grenade Launchers.
M-4 variants.
Sig rifles

FN handguns
Beretta

etc etc
SVD is almost none to limited in numbers in service even with the Army... except for the Paramilitary forces..

Accuracy International snipers - different variants/models in service.
FN2000
M249 MGs
Russian PKM MGs
MG3s

etc etc

And some components of French FELIN system etc.

HAHO & HALO arent new to SSG and have been used since the 60s... you can find vintage pics...

The (Joint Pak-Turk annual) ex conducted in Pak is called Jinnah.. the one in Turkey is called Attaturk.

YouYi with China is also held annually...

SSG still have strong presence in arab countries.... (can find several pics of them training our comrades in the relative threads)

They have been deputed in many countries apart from M.E ...

They have trained M.E (i,e Saudis,UAE,Jordanians,even Syrians and Palestinians in the past etc),Several African republics..etc.

SSG during Zias regime not only trained but initiated the training set up (to an extent that even the place to establish the facilities were chosen by SSG) the Sri Lankan Army SF.

High Altitude Mountain Wafare School is in Rattu (which is near Astore) Gilgit Baltistan ... and NOT in mansehra KPK.. and so on!

There are many inaccuracies in this piece.. I can point some more.. but i will leave that to the experts @Irfan Baloch @RescueRanger @blain2 @Xeric @Rashid Mahmood

Why there is no picture available ...? what see every time is that they Practice Thaikuando ...I have seen it personally as well ...there was no Krav Maga !

The ones you see are army troops... practising Taewando ...

As for Krav Maga .. i quoted an expert...

P.S: This article has many inaccuracies...

Last edited:
@Horus you are like an older brother to me.. hence dont take offence.. but you can correct some info in the article.. starting with the weapons in service,details of ex with foriegn troops,some operations and even the training & foriegn deputations...

MGs in service.
AK series in service.
Grenade Launchers.
M-4 variants.
Sig rifles

FN handguns
Beretta

etc etc
SVD is almost none to limited in numbers in service even with the Army... except for the Paramilitary forces..

FN2000
M249 MGs
Russian PKM MGs
MG3s

etc etc

HAHO & HALO arent new to SSG and have been used since the 60s... you can finds vintage pics...

The (Joint Pak-Turk annual) ex conducted in Pak is called Jinnah.. the one in Turkey is called Attaturk.

They have trained M.E (i,e Saudis,UAE,Jordanians,even Syrians and Palestinians in the past etc),Several African republics..etc.

SSG during Zias regime not only trained but initiated the training set up (to an extent that even the place to establish the facilities were chosen by SSG) the Sri Lankan Army SF.

High Altitude Wafare School is in Rattu (which is near Astore) Gilgit Baltistan ... and NOT in mansehra KPK.. and so on!

There are many inaccuracies in this piece.. @Irfan Baloch @RescueRanger @blain2 @Xeric

No ...I have seen the SSG guys undergoing Taikuando ...I have seen them both in Cherat and Attock ...and AUG was adopted first by the SSGN and ASF ....Your corrections are up to the mark....!

No ...I have seen the SSG guys undergoing Taikuando ...I have seen them both in Cherat and Attock ...and AUG was adopted first by the SSGN and ASF ....Your corrections are up to the mark....!

AUG has been in service since friggin ages with the SSG,aswell as the SSGN.. even god damn police has them in large numbers....... yes TWD is in use with the SSG aswell..

special_services_group0010-jpg.186992

Glad to see this, good work bro

MGs in service.
AK series in service.
Grenade Launchers.
M-4 variants.
Sig rifles

FN handguns
Beretta

etc etc

FN2000
M249 MGs
Russian PKM MGs
MG3s

etc etc

HAHO & HALO arent new to SSG and have been used since the 60s... you can find vintage pics...

YouYi with China is also held annually...

SSG still have strong presence in arab countries.... (can find several pics of them training our comrades in the relative threads)

High Altitude Mountain Wafare School is in Rattu (which is near Astore) Gilgit Baltistan ... and NOT in mansehra KPK.. and so on!

There are many inaccuracies in this piece.. I can point some more.. but i will leave that to the experts @Irfan Baloch @RescueRanger @blain2 @Xeric @Rashid Mahmood

thanks for checking , my information is outdated and second hand now. SSG guys I know are either retired or are busy hunting the TTP and dont want to be contacted.
writing such extensive article is very exhausting. I myself made some mistakes re mortar fire in my article.

thanks for checking , my information is outdated and second hand now. SSG guys I know are either retired or are busy hunting the TTP and dont want to be contacted.
writing such extensive article is very exhausting. I myself made some mistakes re mortar fire in my article.

Still sir... being a former military man? i suppose you can guide horus or others on the basic stuff.. like weapons,training,some missions.. or atleast about the locations of military facilities like High Altitude Mountain Warfare School ,Rattu and so on?

Adopted by many Law Enforcement Teams, Military, and the common lady who wants to learn 1,000 way to rip off a man's testicles.

However, civilians are given a watered-down version than the Military.

There is nothing like watered down version. If you want to learn and there are properly trained instructors available, you can definitely acquire the art.

Still sir... being a former military man? i suppose you can guide horus or others on the basic stuff.. like weapons,training,some missions.. or atleast about the locations of military facilities like High Altitude Mountain Warfare School ,Rattu and so on?
I know .. that , Horus should kick himself for few obvious mistakes and not sharing the proof reading with some of us. the effort is top notch by the way if he has any energy left then he should make changes and repost those pages again

There is nothing like watered down version. If you want to learn and there are properly trained instructors available, you can definitely acquire the art.
he means not teaching the five point palm exploding heart technique to everyone

What a outstanding job done by Horus , thx brother for doing such a good job loved it .

Off topic ...I would really like someone to give a story of our PA Cobra gunship pilots and crew not much info nor credit is out there to be given to them can someone ?

What a outstanding job done by Horus , thx brother for doing such a good job loved it .

Off topic ...I would really like someone to give a story of our PA Cobra gunship pilots and crew not much info nor credit is out there to be given to them can someone ?

Maybe @Irfan Baloch and i can do an interview with a Cobra rider?

AUG has been in service since friggin ages with the SSG,aswell as the SSGN.. even god damn police has them in large numbers....... yes TWD is in use with the SSG aswell..

Can you make a detailed list of what you want to add into this and email me? - I am going to do the editing and republish it. Once its refined im going to place the ebook online for free.

aeronaut@defence.pk

From PLA's perspective, most developments have been focused on space, air, cyber and naval warfare in recent years, little attention has been placed on ground warfare (though the Armed Police force 武警 has done some). It would be useful for SSG to help share valuable experience with PLA as well as China's defense industry so that both PLA and SSG can get trained and equipped better for future challenges in ground warfare especially low-intensity light-infantry tactics.

:pakistan::china:
What is the name of Chinese Special Forces?

Till now there is no single establishment that can be categorized as special forces in PLA army, instead similar to USMC force recon, the light infantry that carry out special op missions are usually the force recon units attached to various army divisions/corps. I do think in the future PLA needs single establishment of special forces, only till then I can tell you the name bro.

In China armed police (武警) there is a central unit named Snow Leopard (雪豹) dedicated for anti-terror operations. But note it is not a PLA unit.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom