What's new

Pakistan To Test-Fire Italy Air Defense Missiles in July 2010

Range may not be too great but its very lethal though. :sniper:

I am not too worried about Range.

Pakistan's major bases and high value targets are very close to the Indian Border. And thus they we can't really fire on Indian Jets if they are flying in Indian Air Space and as soon as they enter Pakistani Air Space, its bye bye.

What I am most worried is India's Air Superiority fighters traveling at high altitude. We need high altitude Missiles to deal with them.

According to Stockholm International Peace Research Institute PAF has signed a deal for 200 Aspide Missiles and 10 SPADA SAM system.

Hi
specification of Aspide 2000 are as follows

Dimensions: Diameter 230 mm, Length 3.7 m, Width 1 m

Weights: Max Weight 220 kg (485 lb), Warhead 33 kg (73 lb)

Performance: Ceiling 3,500 m (11,483 ft), Max Range 28,000 m (91,864 ft), Min Range 750 m (2,461 ft), Top Speed 664 mps (Mach 2)

i think the ceiling is a bit higher as the missile has a intercepting of 20km...
SPADA 2000, air defence system, missile, air missile - MBDA

hmm every country that is selling to india is selling to pakistan and vis versa , except for china and russia well not directly in there case , any ways the point is . atleast our hatred for each other is keeping the rest of the world going , so good that we both want to butcher each other for no reason or atleast keep preparing for that .

hmm every country that is selling to india is selling to pakistan and vis versa , except for china and russia well not directly in there case , any ways the point is . atleast our hatred for each other is keeping the rest of the world going , so good that we both want to butcher each other for no reason or atleast keep preparing for that .

The only that there is going to be a war between India and Pakistan if the BJP come to power in India.

These guys have been itching for war. It was BJP which detonated nuclear weapons in 1998 prompting Pakistan to do the same.

BJP are true war mongers.

The only that there is going to be a war between India and Pakistan if the BJP come to power in India.

These guys have been itching for war. It was BJP which detonated nuclear weapons in 1998 prompting Pakistan to do the same.

|Dude its the same on both side and we both know it , though luckily we never got those parties in total power in Pakistan , even though we let them grow slowly because of our ignorance and see what is happing now . Always remember people only monger about war when they want to hide there own weaknesses , from a little kid to a to a country .

So is ur intention to troll?? keep it clean from flaming, otherwise this thread will too be spoilt like the rest, why do you want that to happen??? You as a senior member shouldnt appreciate the thread getting spoilt, and when you yourself are a part of it, what more can I say??

Hehe.... I just asked a question. :P
( chor ki darhi mien tinka)

First of all read the specs analyze them and then give us your enlightening expert views on a system that you dont know a thing about it. SPADA is more deadly then long range SAMs and you dont judge the missile capability by its range only! SPADA can even detect air to ground weapons such as the H-2 that was fired from Mirage-III. Heck it can even destroy Cruise missiles such as Babur and Bharamos.

Growler u r right that the system is deadly. My view is to deter the carrier from launching long range projectiles unless it takes a high risk of entering the kill zone of long range SAMs. It would be better to have a system which has Range+Accuracy, rather than havin a single attribute. Medium range coverage is already provided in shape of crotale, had it not been there then SPADA wud hav been the choice.

if it is multi purpose missile defence then it will be used as ppoint defence and thus replacing the crotale air defence system

Why pakistan need to test the Italy's Air defence system. Is it not battle ready?

-Warrior

it's a standard procedure.

The Kuwaitis did the same thing prior to induction. And in that test, all the mock targets were taken out.

During an air defence exercise that took place at the end of January 2009, the Amoun battery of Kuwait's Air Defence Brigade carried out five Aspide 2000 missile launches against a series of air targets simulating different types of attack scenarios. All of the launches were successful and all five targets were destroyed, either by direct impact or as a result of the warhead exploding within a miss distance of well below one meter. The launches were performed in different weather conditions (day and night) and showed once again the absolute reliability of MBDA's Aspide 2000 missile.

As a result of this exercise, the Aspide 2000 was able to establish an absolute record in terms of percentage launch success, establishing a success rate exceeding 97% from over 600 missiles launched around the world. With over 5,000 missiles having already been produced, Aspide is now experiencing a new dawn in its latest "2000" version.

Aspide 2000 Missiles 97 Percent Success Rate During Test Firings in Kuwait

if it is multi purpose missile defence then it will be used as ppoint defence and thus replacing the crotale air defence system

im not sure if we will immediately phase those out, but i do see gradual retirement soon as a lot of them are quite old at this point.

Last edited:
I am not too worried about Range.

Pakistan's major bases and high value targets are very close to the Indian Border. And thus they we can't really fire on Indian Jets if they are flying in Indian Air Space and as soon as they enter Pakistani Air Space, its bye bye.

What I am most worried is India's Air Superiority fighters traveling at high altitude. We need high altitude Missiles to deal with them.

Your comments are very interesting indeed. First you says that, Once indian jet intrude Pak airspace, it will be bye bye and then suddenly change the tone and saying that high altitude ceiling of Indian jet is area of concern.

well i think pakistan should buy one more sam system our old french is due to retire spada will fill it but air war is changing we neeed high alltitude sam system other than this we have rbs 70 man pad system

BJP had their chance 1999 and 2002 ..they opted not too ....I think people in India have begun to realize after all their would not be any need for war ...the way our economies are going ..Pakistan will cease to be our adversary in few years time.

Your comments are very interesting indeed. First you says that, Once indian jet intrude Pak airspace, it will be bye bye and then suddenly change the tone and saying that high altitude ceiling of Indian jet is area of concern.

Well there are two levels of threats.

First are the Ground Attack fighters of the Indian force which can be dealt with our current Spada 2000 System. Their range maybe be small but given the bulk of India's Ground Attack Aircraft's targets are very close to the border, the Spada 2000 systems can be deployed close to the border so that any intrusion will result in a savage mauling of the Indian Air Force.

Think of the Yom Kippur War in which Egyptian SAM's neutralized Israeli Air Superiority even though the SAM's range was only 10-12 km.

The Second threat is India's Air Superiority Fighters which fly at a much higher altitude and are capable of deep penetrative strikes.

Those cannot be reached by Spada 2000 System. Pakistan's strategy was to use its Air Force to shoot down the Air Superiority Fighters, primarily relying on F-16 but with India purchasing 126 MRCA fighters, etc....F-16 are seriously outclassed and thus poses a major threat to Pakistani security.

For this reason, we need high altitude missile systems such as S-300, S-400, HQ-9 to plug the gap in our defenses.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom