What's new

Pakistan To Test-Fire Italy Air Defense Missiles in July 2010

SPADA 2000 Specs

Performance:
Speed : High supersonic
Radar Range : 60km
Radar Tracking Capability : 100 targets simultaneously

Systems:
Configuration : Detection centre - 2, 3 or 4 firing sections, each with 2 launchers - 6 ready-to-fire missile per launcher
Missile Guidance : Semi-active radar homing
Radar : RAC-3D radar
Modes : Air surveillance, detection and tracking
ECCM : Emission control, location jamming, random frequency agiliity and coded waveforms

Armament:
Warhead : High-explosive fragmentation warhead
Proximity Fuse : Fuse independent of homing seeker, includes low-altitude capability

Power:
Motor : Single-stage, high-thrust, solid-propellant rocket motor

Specifications: Spada 2000 Advanced Air Defence System - Army Technology

The tracking range of this radar is about 60 km but the actual engagement range of the missile is much lower at around 20 km. Can someone confirm this? I had come across this somewhere but am unable to find the source now.

Thanks in advance.

The tracking range of this radar is about 60 km but the actual engagement range of the missile is much lower at around 20 km. Can someone confirm this? I had come across this somewhere but am unable to find the source now.

Thanks in advance.
Hi
Target detection and tracking range is up to 60km and the missiles can intercept crossing and approaching targets to a range of 25km. The kill probability is high, even against highly agile crossing targets. The system can engage up to four targets simultaneously with Aspide.

I simply cannot see the detterence capability of SPADA, with only 20 - 25 km hit range... during the high mark firepower demo, a mirage hit the target pin point from 60 km away, and thats getting normal for strike missions, striking from far away, these short ranged systems become worthless.... we r already operating crotales and rbs, we need coverage of 100+ km, the death zone radius around our facilities shud be more than 100+ km to be marginally safe. THERE IS A BIG GAP IN OUR AIR COVER.

Is it necessary to drag India in every thread, keep it clean, iam not going to spoil your sprit of enthusiasm.... enjoy the test, And keep it with self...

yes it is! just like india drag pakistan into every single small thing!
eg: delhi mein kisi bache ki bicycle chori ho gayee!
official words: we'r very sure that ISI is behind this unfortunate incident!...:lol:
JUST KIDDING!
PEACE OUT

yes it is! just like india drag pakistan into every single small thing!
eg: delhi mein kisi bache ki bicycle chori ho gayee!
official words: we'r very sure that ISI is behind this unfortunate incident!...:lol:
JUST KIDDING!
PEACE OUT

Atleast We provide proof which sounds "credible to the world except for pakistan" that the bicycle which got stolen Indeed has the golden hands of ISI... :lol:

JUST KIDDING!
PEACE OUT

I simply cannot see the detterence capability of SPADA, with only 20 - 25 km hit range... during the high mark firepower demo, a mirage hit the target pin point from 60 km away, and thats getting normal for strike missions, striking from far away, these short ranged systems become worthless.... we r already operating crotales and rbs, we need coverage of 100+ km, the death zone radius around our facilities shud be more than 100+ km to be marginally safe. THERE IS A BIG GAP IN OUR AIR COVER.

exactly!!! i don't understand when our enemies has things like the S-300 we are still opting for SPADA!!

however our doctrine seems to be that the minute the enemy gets into the "no fly zone" area close to the border on either side he starts getting painted so the minute he crosses he is a target!

our doctrine doesn't seem to be to shoot down the enemy over amritsar! it seems to be shoot him down when he is close enough to be a "potential" threat!

The future engagements are going to b beyond visual range where fighters can hit there target beyond 100-120km in such case i dun thnk this SPADA system will b effective as anticipated

How much battries we are going to buy?
&
My concern is only about the range.
Radar Range : 60km
is this enough?

First of all read the specs analyze them and then give us your enlightening expert views on a system that you dont know a thing about it. SPADA is more deadly then long range SAMs and you dont judge the missile capability by its range only! SPADA can even detect air to ground weapons such as the H-2 that was fired from Mirage-III. Heck it can even destroy Cruise missiles such as Babur and Bharamos.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom