What's new

Pakistan to buy old F-16s from Jordan - Chapter closed for new F-16s blk-52s from US

PAF nay zaleel kara daina hay poray pakisatan ko aif sola kay peechay. when the whole world will be flying the fifth gen jets PAF will still remain stuck with F-16. why? cause we have infra structure, experience with this jet. don't know how they moved on from sabre in the 70s.
according to F-16.net jordan air force has 64 jets. 16 of which are ADF out of which 13 were sold to pak. rest 39 are MLU but don't know to which block these jets match upto.

1. With the threat of ISIS at their doorstep I don't understand how come Jordan can sell us their front line fighter. Do they have plans of some new procurement?
  2. What would be the number we'll acquire?
  3. There were already news that Turkey would soon upgrade our jets may there were arrangements made for these jets before hand.
  4. Last of all is there any chance soon that we'll get our hands on the dutch or belgian F-16? Or may be Egyptian since Egypt has already decided to go for Rafale and Mig-35?

Here is a link....
http://www.f-16.net/f-16_users_article11.html

PAF would be getting 16 F-16's ADF that are not MLUed. PAF had earlier bought 13 F-16's ADF from Jordan.http://thediplomat.com/2014/02/pakistan-purchases-f-16s-from-jordan/

There are other options as well Turkish F-16's A&B could be bought..

Finally, now they can start looking for better options. Better late than never I guess.
There's no better option than the F-16s which are one of the most cost effective aircraft in the world.

I believe you're getting a squadron of F-16s from Jordan? But how about availability of spares and overhaul of engines right through the life cycle of these planes being bought from Jordan?

I also think and plus its a no brainer that what ever number we get from Jordan will be ADF's fighters lets see how many we can get .

very soon no country need aircraft grave yards . pakistan will take all of thier throw away jets trainers choppers

used F-16 from USA
used RJAF f-16
used P3-C from USA
used t-37 from USA
used pumas from UAE
used cobras from USA
used mirages from lebnon
used mirages from australia
used mirages from france
used mirages from libya
used C-130 from iran
used C-130 from usa
used IL-78 from Ukraine
used saab-2000 From swden airline (then convert awacs)
used SA-316 from Switzerland
used SA-316 from France
used ATR-72 from France for navy
used Fokker f-27 from PIA
used hawker 800 from UK
even god damn used gulf stream for COAS

BTW no need to bash on me i have paid more then 1 lakh rupees in tax last year .

Last edited:
very soon no country need aircraft grave yards . pakistan will take all of thier throw away jets trainers choppers

used F-16 from USA
used RJAF f-16
used P3-C from USA
used t-33 from USA
used pumas from UAE
used cobras from USA
used mirages from lebnon
used mirages from australia
used mirages from france
used mirages from libya
used C-130 from iran
used C-130 from usa
used IL-78 from Ukraine
used saab-2000 From swden airline (then convert awacs)
used SA-316 from Switzerland
used SA-316 from France
used ATR-72 from France for navy
used Fokker f-27 from PIA
used hawker 800 from UK
even god damn used gulf stream for COAS

BTW no need to bash on me i have paid more then 1 lakh rupees in tax last year .
PAF would do what it has done in the Past with Mirages...F-16 fate remains in the hands of PAF. All the aircraft bought in the next few years would keep PAF defend her borders till 2035...

PAF would do what it has done in the Past with Mirages...F-16 fate remains in the hands of PAF. All the aircraft bought in the next few years would keep PAF defend her borders till 2035...
and please some one inform me how many AIR forces are using mirages now and what can a mirage do in front of a mighty SU-30? we will just increase the number of our loses if we use them against any real air force .its junk for just cover up numbers all is junk be it used f-16 mirages or f-7s only hope we have is block-52 and jf-17 sir for war time .

There's no better option than the F-16s which are one of the most cost effective aircraft in the world.

I believe you're getting a squadron of F-16s from Jordan? But how about availability of spares and overhaul of engines right through the life cycle of these planes being bought from Jordan?

Spares are available with PAF...Engines are available in the open market...if non available then Israel would come to the help. MLU would give these aircraft any where between 6000-8000 flight hours.
This is about Year 2035...when PAF would have completed it 5th gen procurement.

This is one of the reasons why India wants to have F-16 under Made in India label.

and please some one inform me how many AIR forces are using mirages now and what can a mirage do in front of a mighty SU-30? we will just increase the number of our loses if we use them against any real air force .its junk for just cover up numbers all is junk be it used f-16 mirages or f-7s only hope we have is block-52 and jf-17 sir for war time .
Do not under estimate the mirages PAF has...If you look the Israel is still selling the Kfir block 60 which is the same design.

with middle east burning, russia, china, nato, koreas are gearing up for a war i don't think any country will sell equipment like F-16 to pak unless they are very old and not in fly worthy condition but all nato countries have upgraded their falcons. the F-35 project is moving forward at a snail pace it is unlikely that any country will sell F-16. if paf goes for very old bvrless falcons then it will be a huge mistake.

Do not under estimate the mirages PAF has...If you look the Israel is still selling the Kfir block 60 which is the same design.
since 1976 there are only 3 operators colombia srilanka and ecuador really sir its worth ?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom