What's new

Turkey to Drop Plans For F-16s: Chinese J-10C Fighters Hinted as Choice to Modernise Fleet

Status
Not open for further replies.
Turkey has 238 f16 , which are relatively modern(needs AESA radar) and a couple dozen f4 s. we dont need an interim fighter until TFX . we can wait 6-7 years no need to rush. i am against to buy any foreign fighter even EF2000.

italians jumped f104 to EF2000 What a leap! iran airforce is complete dead after 40 years they are buying nowadays just 2 dozen SU35. so we can wait no problem!

Turkey has 238 f16 , which are relatively modern(needs AESA radar) and a couple dozen f4 s. we dont need an interim fighter until TFX . we can wait 6-7 years no need to rush. i am against to buy any foreign fighter even EF2000.

italians jumped f104 to EF2000 What a leap! iran airforce is complete dead after 40 years they are buying nowadays just 2 dozen SU35. so we can wait no problem!
Then explain the F-16 Block 70 order.

They never controlled it. Even during Ottoman times. Nor have they ever claimed it as theirs/
The Ottomans did not even go beyond the Caucasus. However, good relations with most of Asia, from south asia Aceh to the Turkish overlords of Central Asia, were aimed at. In fact, the Tatars often played a vital role in power struggles and dynastic wars within the Ottoman Empire. Likewise, Ottoman archives, especially 16th-18th century records, contain letters of goodwill and diplomatic relations of mutual respect and affection with almost every Muslim state and community in Asia, from island states to landlocked ones. The Ottomans were never a state with the aim of advancing in Asia, but rather strengthened themselves through political unity among the Turkish principalities in Asia Minor, advancing in the Balkans, and fighting mostly against the Latins, Germanic and Russian states for 600 years. And from the 19th century onwards, millions of people migrated to Ottoman lands as a result of the expansion and resettlement policies of the Russian tsarism. If you are really looking for an example of a Turkic state aiming for Turan, you should study the Timurids. Timur not only brought the Ottomans to the brink of collapse, but also destroyed the Turko-Mongol states in the north, thus strengthening the process of Russian political unification that later eastern expansion.

Beyond historical issues, culturally our biggest connection with Uyghurs is that we speak Turkish in almost the same dialect. We can understand some words when a Kazakh speaks, but you really need to be familiar with the different pronunciations and intonations of the words to understand exactly what he is trying to say. There is nothing like that in the Uyghur language. When Abdurrahim Heyit starts a Turkish song, it is as if a lament rises from a village in Anatolia.

Last edited:
what Xi juice have you been drinking?
Xi told you that he wants to sell J-10C to Turkey?? Why do people in agricultural countries like to lie by nature?

oh. Maybe its country is so failed that it can only live on lies. lol

Xi told you that he wants to sell J-10C to Turkey?? Why do people in agricultural countries like to lie by nature?

oh. Maybe its country is so failed that it can only live on lies. lol
go play with your friends in the pinkie brigade... leave discussion to others.

go play with your friends in the pinkie brigade... leave discussion to others.
oh A failed country. A failed people. I understand your helplessness in the real world. lol

oh A failed country. A failed people. I understand your helplessness in the real world. lol
oh... i feel terrible for your state of mind tsk tsk.... too much of pinkies around in your wumao brothel...

my chinese doctor colleagues here tell me they have good treatments to treat your pinkies syndrome. free treatment... it will get your chi back... lol.

oh... i feel terrible for your state of mind tsk tsk.... too much of pinkies around in your wumao brothel...

my chinese doctor colleagues here tell me they have good treatments to treat your pinkies syndrome. free treatment... it will get your chi back... lol.
Do you lie to make your country look like a human country? I guess not. lol

I've been saying that Turkey should go for EF even before the latest F-16 Block 70 order was placed. That's the only logical option left on the table since the souring of relations with the US.

Chinese planes, could be good options for countries like Pakistan and Iran

For us, even if they were offered for free, we would say no, thank you. Far better it is for us to focus on our own fighter development than to waste engineers' time on WS-10, trying to make it work reliably. Avionics that don't work with our systems, etc.
Due to the need for stop gap fighters: There is an F-16 production authorization pending in the US Congress and ongoing EF negotiations with the UK. We have the capability to produce F-16s but not the authorization. Under-license production authorization needs to be obtained. Or they may come from a production line already in progress. All the infrastructure, logistics, training, documentation, decades of experience, everything about this platform is already in place.

Apart from this, the Air Force has no attempt, no planning, not even a request for Chinese or Russian systems. The Air Force wants MMU deliveries to begin in 2028 and hopes to reach operational capability for this new type of combat platform in the 2030s. This is what all the resources and constellation are focused on right now.

The problem is that the TAF cannot replace the squadrons operating F-4s, due to the unavailability of F-35s. Some squadrons had to be put out because of this. The problem is not the renewal of the existing F-16 operating squadrons, there is no problem there at the moment. The Turkish air force has one of the lowest accident rates among F-16 operators in the last 10 years. Not even one aircraft has been lost in the last five years. Moreover, we have one of the most extensive customized modernizations and system integrations works on F-16s, especially the 401st test squadron.

One of the presidential advisors came out and tried to create public opinion by giving an extremely exaggerated figure for the life cycle cost of these aircraft due to the current US attitude.

His statement is as follows: "Turkiye should urgently change its decision on the F-16. For example, there was an option on the table with the F-35. Turkey had expectations from the program. Now there are other options, such as the Chinese aircraft sold to Pakistan, Russian aircraft and the Eurofighter. I believe that after the earthquakes, TR will reject the F-16 request, because it is $20 billion in total cost."

(This stupid understanding has undermined many strategic steps, from the MILGEM program's early stages to the negotiations for the purchase of other fighters (like EF development partnership offer) in the 90s, for example. It's not just about Akp, it's more about the power struggle in the defense bureaucracy.)

Depending on how you look at the issue, the message here may be different. However, no matter how differently you interpret it, it requires either a serious mental retardation or something more to try to manipulate this unofficial statement in an irrelevant way and to make propaganda out of it, as if the Ministry of Defense wants fighter jets from China.

In short, you are trying in vain here, my friend. Some people here will continue to say the same things even if you explain them for days.

Last edited:

hey, your Turkey master doesn't seem to care about you. oh Maybe in the real world. Few people care about monkeys from agricultural countries. lol

hey, your Turkey master doesn't seem to care about you. oh Maybe in the real world. Few people care about monkeys from agricultural countries. lol
hey pinkie lizard... go back to your dungeon.... dont cross the line with your mf. racist chants....

hey pinkie lizard... go back to your dungeon.... dont cross the line with your mf. racist chants....
Monkeys in the agricultural country worship another agricultural country. It's hard to imagine how funny these agricultural countries are? You are like a monkey. lol

I've been saying that Turkey should go for EF even before the latest F-16 Block 70 order was placed. That's the only logical option left on the table since the souring of relations with the US.

Chinese planes, could be good options for countries like Pakistan and Iran

For us, even if they were offered for free, we would say no, thank you. Far better it is for us to focus on our own fighter development than to waste engineers' time on WS-10, trying to make it work reliably. Avionics that don't work with our systems, etc.
Although China will not sell J-10C to Turkey. But I'm curious ~ Where does Turkey have the courage to think they can get the J-10C for free?

Why are Turks confident that they can "make WS-10 work reliably"?

Now almost all of China's main fighters use WS-10. Turks think the Turkish Air Force is more reliable than the Chinese Air Force?

OMG. Are the people of agricultural countries so confident and brave?

Due to the need for stop gap fighters: There is an F-16 production authorization pending in the US Congress and ongoing EF negotiations with the UK. We have the capability to produce F-16s but not the authorization. Under-license production authorization needs to be obtained. Or they may come from a production line already in progress. All the infrastructure, logistics, training, documentation, decades of experience, everything about this platform is already in place.

Apart from this, the Air Force has no attempt, no planning, not even a request for Chinese or Russian systems. The Air Force wants MMU deliveries to begin in 2028 and hopes to reach operational capability for this new type of combat platform in the 2030s. This is what all the resources and constellation are focused on right now.

The problem is that the TAF cannot replace the squadrons operating F-4s, due to the unavailability of F-35s. Some squadrons had to be put out because of this. The problem is not the renewal of the existing F-16 operating squadrons, there is no problem there at the moment. The Turkish air force has one of the lowest accident rates among F-16 operators in the last 10 years. Not even one aircraft has been lost in the last five years. Moreover, we have one of the most extensive customized modernizations and system integrations works on F-16s, especially the 401st test squadron.

One of the presidential advisors came out and tried to create public opinion by giving an extremely exaggerated figure for the life cycle cost of these aircraft due to the current US attitude.

His statement is as follows: "Turkiye should urgently change its decision on the F-16. For example, there was an option on the table with the F-35. Turkey had expectations from the program. Now there are other options, such as the Chinese aircraft sold to Pakistan, Russian aircraft and the Eurofighter. I believe that after the earthquakes, TR will reject the F-16 request, because it is $20 billion in total cost."

(This stupid understanding has undermined many strategic steps, from the MILGEM program's early stages to the negotiations for the purchase of other fighters (like EF development partnership offer) in the 90s, for example. It's not just about Akp, it's more about the power struggle in the defense bureaucracy.)

Depending on how you look at the issue, the message here may be different. However, no matter how differently you interpret it, it requires either a serious mental retardation or something more to try to manipulate this unofficial statement in an irrelevant way and to make propaganda out of it, as if the Ministry of Defense wants fighter jets from China.

In short, you are trying in vain here, my friend. Some people here will continue to say the same things even if you explain them for days.
"Assemble F-16". Not production F-16.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom