What's new

Pakistan To Be Out of FATF Greylist

until our military not stop producing TLP, MQM like extremist groups to blackmail elected governments, FATF should kept us in grey list, you guys remembered how these Harami parties of PDM & TLP organized protest in pak and UK, before the FATF meetings in the past?? do you know who were actually the master mind?? koi aor nhi Wahi harami GHQ k kuttay

ISLAMABAD:

Pakistan is unlikely to exit the “grey list” of the Financial Action Task Force (FATF) in the ongoing deliberations in Berlin, Germany but hoping to secure an 'onsite visit' that may take Islamabad a step closer to get out of the watch list.

Pakistan was placed on the grey list in June 2018 and was given a 27-point action plan to restrict terror financing activities. In October last year, the country was given another seven-point action plan after it completed 26 of the 27-point action plan originally given to it in June 2018. In the last plenary held in March, Pakistan informed the FATF that it had completed 32 of the 34 action items

Despite Islamabad’s hectic lobbying to get some relief from the international watchdog for financial crimes such as money laundering and terror financing, official sources told The Express Tribune that Pakistan will stay on the grey list at least until February next year.

The FATF plenary that kicked off in Berlin on Tuesday will review Pakistan’s progress and decide whether to keep it on the aforesaid list or not. The decision will be announced on June 17 at the conclusion of the meeting.

Also read: Pakistan not in danger of falling in FATF blacklist: sources

“At best we may get an onsite visit (of FATF officials),” a senior official said while requesting anonymity.

"If the FATF agrees to the onsite visit, that would be a step closer to Pakistan getting out of the grey list," he added.

But even in that case, the announcement would be made in the next plenary to be held in October and Pakistan may officially exit the list in February next year.

Minister of State for Foreign Affairs Hina Rabbani Khar, who is also the Chair of Pakistan’s National FATF Coordination Committee, is leading the delegation in the ongoing talks.

“During the meeting, Pakistan’s progress under the 2018 and 2021 action plans will be discussed. The plenary will review the recommendations of FATF’s International Cooperation Review Group (ICRG),” stated a statement issued by the Foreign Office.

The minister will also hold meetings with the incoming and outgoing presidents of the organisation, the executive secretary of the FATF and heads of delegations of the member states to apprise them of the tremendous progress made by Pakistan in completing the action plans.

Also read: FATF retains Pakistan on grey list

Khar will underscore the government’s high-level political commitment to further strengthen Pakistan’s domestic anti-money laundering and combating terror financing (AML/CFT) regime.

During the visit, the minister will also hold meetings with dignitaries in Germany in the context of Pakistan-Germany bilateral relations. She is accompanied by a senior-level delegation

The FATF is an international watchdog for financial crimes such as money laundering and terror financing. It was established at the G7 Summit of 1989 in Paris to address loopholes in the global financial system after member countries raised concerns about growing money laundering activities.

In the aftermath of the 9/11 terror attack on the US, the organisation also added terror financing as the main focus area. This was later broadened to include restricting the funding of weapons of mass destruction.

Another wonderful success for the imported $hit.
If you were going to sell yourselves at least do so for more than a all year season pass at Disney World.

Another wonderful success for the imported $hit.
If you were going to sell yourselves at least do so for more than a all year season pass at Disney World.
The problem is simple. If you prostitute yourself you demand money upfront. Now here there are 2 questions. If money/favours were granted who availed them. Secondly if something was promised why was it not taken in a mnner where it would be irrefutable for the promising party. You provide a blow job and the customer walks off without paying. He owns more goons than you can possibly muster then you have no option but to keep quiet.
From a provider's perspective if words can get action why would you pay? Especially if keeping Pakistan down achieves their aims
A

Pakistan is selling very cheaply, grey-list will be there for long long time, So No more dramabazi...

Beggars can't be choosers.

The only reward betrayal gets is jootay.
Thats why I suggest:
1) Get rid of dual nationality
2) Leave Non-Aligned Movement
3) Do permanent alliance with China

Since we share a border with China.

Tbh though as long as they're squeezing us to prevent money laundering and terror financing its a good thing. Pakistani are the biggest victims of these loopholes.

Thats why I suggest:

As a dual national I disagree.

People like us moved for economic opportunities not because of Papa John franchises ans retirement islands.

Dual nationals should be banned from any govt roles, including those with dual national partners, parents or siblings.

As long as I have a bridge abroad - I should not be allowed a say in govt.

After what the neutrals did we dont care about anything BLUE, GREY, YELLOW ORANGE lists.

Thats why I suggest:

What do you mean by permanent alliance with China?

What should Pakistan do for China? What should China do for Pakistan?

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Do more! Imported Government....

Maybe the Beggars can't be Choosers need to sell their mommies to appease the IMF Amreeka Banksters....

PS* Nobody respects a Slave. Only the Brave get respect.

Shabaz was right, Beggers can't be choosers. What a great moto 😄

Thats why I suggest:

I agree. We need deep security, military, economy relations with China, Russia, Turkey, Iran, Middleeast, Africa, ASEAN, Central Asia. This doesn't mean be anti west but our deep cooperation should be with our allies who will treat us with respect and not those who think of us as beggers.

Pakistan army officers should be banned for training in the USA and other nations, they probably party all night with hookers and get addicted to the west. This is why they think of them as masters.

As a dual national I disagree.

People like us moved for economic opportunities not because of Papa John franchises ans retirement islands.

Dual nationals should be banned from any govt roles, including those with dual national partners, parents or siblings.

As long as I have a bridge abroad - I should not be allowed a say in govt.

Dual nationals should be allowed to vote so they could select a representative in the parliament in Pakistan but like you mentioned any government/military position should not be allowed. I know people from UK who joined Pakistan army but left their UK nationality because they only want to be loyal to Pakistan. Also Pakistani nationals who hold higher positions should not be allowed to retire in the west as they hold state secrets. I bet they sell them like a platter on a plate.

The only possible positive aspect of getting these crooks into power was a removal from FATFs list. They didn't even manage that! Talk about being utterly useless. The future is bleak ...
Yup no IMF program in sight, no Russian oil, No loans from allies - even roll overs are not confirmed, No FATF. Nothing. Just loss of PKR rate, and loss of any little left self respect as a state.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom