What's new

Pakistan successfully tests Babur 2 Cruise Missile.

What happened to Sub Launch CM and BM series ?
We just got ability to hit at sea targets., This Day is not far, we will soon see tests from submarines.
Also we are receiving first submarine from china after 2 years. One by one until we reach 4 and then remaining 4 from Karachi with the help of Chinese brothers.

Nor does nato
SM-6? SM-2 block IV? These are ABM capable missiles, that's a realfast target.

The US Navy uses the SM-2 as its standard long range SAM on its destroyers. It has a range of 90+ km and uses a semi-active homing radar seeker which means that the mechanically scanning illuminators on board the warships should provide them with guidance. This proves to be a handicap as a Burke carries 3 centrally mounted SPG-62 illuminators which will find it difficult to deal with a multi-directional missile attack. [Note: Dutch, German, and Danish APAR equipped ships to not suffer this problem. Likewise Heracles equipped ships.]
Normally, once the missile is detected at longer ranges if it is following a high altitude profile, multiple SM-2 missiles are launched to counter the threat. 2-3 SAMs are fired against subsonic threats, so it is safe to assume that 4-5 SAMs will be fired at a single incoming BrahMos missile. Again, the SM-2 wasn’t designed to handle a missile flying at 3 times the speed of sound but designed to handle Soviet missiles flying at 1-1.5 times the speed of sound. So it’s going to be a very difficult task to shoot down BrahMos, as the attacking party will launch the BrahMos ideally 120 km away from the Burke to ensure a complete sea-skimming flight and to delay detection.
The SM-6 is, however, is a different case and can intercept supersonic missiles at sea-skimming altitudes and high altitudes as well. This will be a key weapon for the US Navy to defend its fleet against missiles like the BrahMos. It uses active radar homing, with a radar seeker derived from AMRAAM. So, it does not need/use SPG-62 illuminators.
Backing up the SM2 BLock IV is the 50km, quad packed ESSM, also with semi-active radar homing.
[Note: Incidentally, the best way to prevent a hit from Brahmos is to kill the launch platform. Both SM-2 and SM-6 can be used not just in anti-air/missile role but also in antiship role at ranges far exceeding that of the most common Harpoon versions. SM-2 Block IV: 120–185 km (similar to Harpoon). SM-6: 240–460 km (in excess of Harpoon). And then there is LRASM to consider: DARPA states its range is "greater than 200 nautical miles (370 km; 230 mi)." LRASM (Long range anti ship missile) is based on the (air launched) JASSM-ER, which has a range of 500 nmi (930 km; 580 mi). However, the addition of the sensor and other features will have somewhat decreased that range. It is estimated that the LRASM has a range of 300 nmi (560 km; 350 mi). Carrier aviation will be crucial in intercepting airbornn launch platforms at 600+km from surface ships]

See also https://defencyclopedia.com/2014/12...vy-can-shoot-down-the-deadly-brahmos-missile/

@The Deterrent :To compare Harpoon and ABL for Tomahawk.
483_9_2.jpg

Aster 30 and Barak 8 can.
If Aster 30 can, than so can Aster 15 (the only difference being that the latter has a smaller booster and hence shorter range)

In its latest annual publication, the Pakistan Ministry of Defence Production (MoDP) disclosed that the Directorate General of Munitions Production (DGMP) was tasked with “the indigenous developing of [one] ship-borne system with [one] Land Attack Missile and [one] Anti ship Missile.” Development of this system is scheduled for completion by October 2018.
I don't think that refers specifically to the launch rack, but rather to 2 versions (land attack and antiship) of the Babur missile. If shipborn refers to surface vessel launch, the system shall include deck launcher. If shipborn refers to submarines, the system would use torpedotubes and some form of encapsulation of the missile(s). So, it depends on what exactly is meant by'ship born' .

The ene
For that, we got Shaheen II. This is a stretegic weapon to target stretegic installations like bases, radar installations & underground bunkers.[/QUOT
The enemy will target our cities and residential areas, we should prepare Missile according to the count of cities of enemy country, we should hit their long distance cities including their installations.

It is p

It is people like him who make the world think that our Nuclear arsenal is not safe.

your arsenal is considered unsafe because you are Muslim i doubt anyone in the world is reading PDF for making their policies. Indians throw more nuclear threats than Pakistan but their is considered safe...so dont pay attention to what world thinks, world cant do jack about it.

on every top cruise missile list bramos on 1st what it is really on first in performance see in this top 5 cruise missile list

on every top cruise missile list bramos on 1st what it is really on first in performance see in this top 5 cruise missile list

because all those lists are from indian based youtube channels

and people here to calm down when picking things from youtube...those lists and news are just there to sell views....not offer you some logical information...

(I'm an internet marketer with a few youtube channels)

Congratulations! Reading such news from Pakistan makes my day more enjoyable. Having internal trouble may worry you but being capable of defending the country against any attacks from the outside should remind you of all the achievements our Pakistan reached so far regardless of the ground realities. This is what makes Pakistan kinda unique.

About 6 years ago one of my friend who is in navy told me that we tested a missile from sea to land from one of agusta submarine, and he told me that the range of that missile was 1500 NM. He did not told me which missile that was

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom