What's new

Pakistan successfully tests Babur 2 Cruise Missile.

Israel doesn't even much if a offensive navy to warrant such missiles.
European are have to follow NATO compatible strategy set by US so there missiles have to be compatible with VLS

Its more because they want intelligent (in missile sense) manoeuvrable and smart missiles rather then brahmos type, its the same reason Russia hasent been too enthusiastic about it and why they dont have a queue of waiting customers for Brahmos

US navy has all sort of missiles ... from sub-sonic to supersonic ... the reason they use sub-sonic is all of their attacks are against nations not having capable air defence systems ...

Why to use tank it assault rifle could do the job ...

vulnerability of sub-sonic missiles against good air defence is attack of Yemenis missile on Makkah defended by Patriot of KSA ...

That was a scud not cm... and the reasons why US still using subsonic missiles as MAINSTAY ashm is far beyond cost alone... as for competency of enemy same missiles will b used against chinese and russians...

West never really convinced it self on utility of hypersonic cms

Its more because they want intelligent (in missile sense) manoeuvrable and smart missiles rather then brahmos type, its the same reason Russia hasent been too enthusiastic about it and why they dont have a queue of waiting customers for Brahmos
Russia added BrahMos to it's New frigates.
Only drawback of BrahMos is its range of 600km.
Whereas missiles like Kalibr and Tomahawk have ranges >2000km.

Also BrahMos blk3 is more manueverable than most subsonic Ashm.

iWKad22.jpg

They are ALWAYS happy. It is the standard statement issued every time.

Try banging that ganjee tind into @Khafee and see what happens :lol::lol::lol:

This thread is about Babur 2 cruise missile , please keep indian stories out of here there are threads for the indian side thank you.

Vikramaditya weighs 45 k tons. So as per your argument US aricraft carier must weigh 225 K Tons. Is it?

Hi,

Size and weight are two different things.

mastan bhai wat if nasar warhead is fitted in babur it will do the similler job?

Hi,

It should already have been fitted a long time ago.

Hi,

No----it cannot. It would be more potent to use a sub surface small yield nuc tipped torpedo that you even detonate a few meter below the keel of the ship or in close vicinity of it.

That is the best solution to sink a carrier---. A hit from the top may cripple it---but will not sink it.

I do agree with your assertion but apologies for expanding on it...

we never did an underwater test but data from western tests is largely available. in one test of 20-25 kt device below 50 meters vaporised 1000 ton ship above it and sank a 45000 ton carrier at 450 yards away, battleships, destroyers upto 1000 yards away sank and being that many got severely damaged. So I do not think that it is necessary to detonate right below the carrier, a broad side a few hundred yards away will deform the hull enough to sink the carrier and a thousand yard away smaller ships. But I do agree that a donation right blow will certainly vaporise parts of hull and sink it faster.
But the most important findings were that because of an under water explosion and radioactive material mixing with water and that water moving over ships, the radiation was so severe that it made any attempts to use ships which did not sink futile. Basically you can practically wipe out a battle group with couple of explosions.

Also I do not agree with perceptions of an air burst not scuttling big carriers, in a famous test air burst 150 meters in air of 20-25 kt sank ships a 1000 yards away and also severely damaged others even further. But one interesting fact of such an air burst is that it did not leave a fall out and also the flash radioactive effect is so severe that ships in a couple of thousands yards of ground zero which do not sink will turn into ghost ships in matter of days if not hours. In that test, animals behind 12+ inch think amor plating in massive battle ships died within couple of days. Strangely such airburst do not leave long-term radioactivity and ships can be brought back to service if not damaged severely.

I'm a bit uninformed on the space/volume available on our ships, but would there be a problem in mounting similar (slanted) on-deck launchers?
@Penguin
navy-officer-walks-past-a-set-of-harpoon-cruise-missile-launchers-on-picture-id150444335

Tomahawk
  • Weight
    • Without booster 2,900 lb (1,300 kg),
    • With booster 3,500 lb (1,600 kg)
  • Length
    • Without booster: 18 ft 3 in (5.56 m)
    • With booster: 20 ft 6 in (6.25 m)
  • Diameter
    • 20.4 in (0.52 m)
Harpoon
  • Weight
    • 1,523 lb (691 kg) with booster
  • Length
    • Air-launched (without booster): 12.6 ft (3.8 m);
    • Surface- and submarine-launched (with booster): 15 ft (4.6 m)
  • Diameter
    • 13.5 in (34 cm)
A set of four Tomahawks (or equivalent) would weigh at least 6.4 ton, versus 2.8 ton for Harpoon (not included is the weight of the containers and the rack). With a length that is more than 35% longer than Harpoon, and a diameter that is more than 50% wider than Harpoon, I figure the deck space requirement or 'footprint' of 2x4 Tomahawk in a simple arrangement will easily be double that of a set of 2x4 Harpoon.

A less than simple arrangement is the armoured box launcher for Tomahawk (see post #214)
https://defence.pk/threads/pakistan...-2-cruise-missile.466682/page-15#post-9010854
Mk-143-launcher-12.jpg

The IOWA class BB conversion give a good idea of relative sizes. It carrier 8 armoured box launchers for Tomahawk and 4x4 Harpoon. amidships.
iowa_1984.jpg

Compare 3 and 4
Iowa_class_battleship_1980s_modernization_schematic.JPG

Mk-143-launcher-10.jpg

I was answering your post. I hope you did read it!
"the main component of that is the Digital Area matching system, aka, Satellite pictures of sea assets fed into this system, and it can hunt it down in the ocean on its own like 430 miles out (700 KMs). Even if the GPS system was taken out. This range covers the entire EEZ of Pakistan and on the otherwise, all the way to the Indian ports"
Do you mean they will hit the ports? because hitting an individual ship you need a homing device.:crazy:.

For Sea Targets KE's of PAF with datalink with CMs will be very handy against IN CBGs.

This is what would be an ideal CDS coverage with a modest 240 km range Anti-Ship Missile.
I have used 240 km range because targeting a frigate sized ship at +15 kts at this range needs a lot of precision.
It's a rough drawing, not to be taken for granted.

Only 3 Missile batteries would be required at locations along the coast to cover the whole coastline from the creeks to Jiwani.

You increase the range of the missile, the area of denial will increase.
With Babur 2 on some platforms, just imagine the denial area.
(* This is just my opinion only, just to give you an idea)

View attachment 360460

Baber V2.0 is now at least Nasr for Sea, if you can get my point. :)

Pakistan Navy doesn't have any missile to intercept a mach 3 missile like BrahMos which has a range of 600km now.
FM-90N are obsolete and useful only against subsonic targets and low flying aircraft.

Also the reason western navies depend on Harpoon like ASHM is because of their compatibility with multi role VLS.
Sweetheart ... This thread has nothing to do with bhartis or yakhont clones... Neither is there any 600km yakhont as we speak... Neither is yakhont invincible ...

And Pak does already have hypersonic CM-400 anti ship missiles n supersonic C-803...

No piss off to your Indian threads instead of derailing threads which have nothing to do with your kind...

@Oscar This is another multiple is troll... Type Gregor and several banned ids will pop up.

@The Deterrent

USS Long Beach: Harpoon 2x4 vs Tomahawk ABL 2x4

04010945.jpg

babgm6m2v7ex.jpg

In terms of size: kinda like Brahmos on Rajput class
51nJ6.jpg

Or Onyx/Yakhont from Nanuchka class corvette
20070131174306.jpg

Interesting, this public admission of breach of Missile Technology Control Regime (MTCR)....

Funny how the article on the one hand says "The official pointed out that the range of the joint venture missile can now be increased because of India's entry into the Missile Technology Control Regime (MTCR)" and speak of 600km range in the future tense.

And then Rahul Bhonsle, a retired Indian Army brigadier and defense analyst agrees that the range of the BrahMos missile currently in use has a 600-kilometer range.

But then he goes and throughs that in doubt:
"There have been a number of assertions in the past from unspecific sources that the range is actually around 600 kilometers," Bhonsle said, adding that if it were true, modifications to the missile would likely be for stability and accuracy improvements and "not necessarily to enhance range."

So, on the whole, not a reliable piece of info, IMHO.

AFAIK the original Onyx has 600km range and export Yakhont 120-300km depending on flight profile.

Sweetheart ... This thread has nothing to do with bhartis or yakhont clones... Neither is there any 600km yakhont as we speak... Neither is yakhont invincible ...
That would be becaue Yakhont is a range limited export version of the 600km P-800 Onyx

@The Deterrent

USS Long Beach: Harpoon 2x4 vs Tomahawk ABL 2x4

04010945.jpg

babgm6m2v7ex.jpg

In terms of size: kinda like Brahmos on Rajput class
51nJ6.jpg

Or Onyx/Yakhont from Nanuchka class corvette
20070131174306.jpg
That was very informative. Someone pointed out a couple pages ago that in a MOD document there is a ship-launched weapon mentioned. A slanted platform is indeed coming up for it, but I wanted to know the possible installation configuration of it on our present vessels. Would we have to swap out existing AShM launchers, or is the space available on the helipads is the only way to go?
Try banging that ganjee tind into @Khafee and see what happens :lol::lol::lol:
I'm afraid I'll bleed... green. :sick:

Back
Top Bottom