What's new

Pakistan successfully tests Babur 2 Cruise Missile.

Stick to the thread for more news.

Pakistan tested advanced Cruise Missile Babar-II. Missile can hit the targets at land and sea and have a range of 700 kilometers. This missile can work without the help of GPS.

CJCSC also witnessed the missile test.
Inertial guidance

Isnt Babur what India is trying to do with Nirbhay? Launch like a rocket with solid booster and then fly like a glider?
Also when are we sending some of these babies to Afghanistan for deeper strike?

on every top cruise missile list bramos on 1st what it is really on first in performance see in this top 5 cruise missile list

First the video no longer exists , second ANYONE can put a video but there many other factors including ones that we dont have much info about like electronics. Its impossible to judge a missile by its range ,speed or payload(The released info can be overstated or understated). Also different countries have different requirements.

Is it possible that internal navigation sytems INS are as precise as GPS systems ?
Is a GPS chip already available that is working with all running systems ?
How many satellites do we need for global coverage ( at least 6 ?)

We can add to US GPS- Navstar ;

GLONASS – Russia's global navigation system. Fully operational worldwide.
Galileo – a global system being developed by the European Union and other partner countries, which began operation in 2016 (and is expected to be fully deployed by 2020)
Beidou – People's Republic of China's regional system, currently limited to Asia and the West Pacific,
global coverage planned to be operational by 2020
NAVIC – India's regional navigation system, covering India and Northern Indian Ocean
QZSS – Japanese regional system covering Asia and Oceania

Is it possible that internal navigation sytems INS are as precise as GPS systems ?
Is a GPS chip already available that is working with all running systems ?
How many satellites do we need for global coverage ( at least 6 ?)

We can add to US GPS- Navstar ;

GLONASS – Russia's global navigation system. Fully operational worldwide.
Galileo – a global system being developed by the European Union and other partner countries, which began operation in 2016 (and is expected to be fully deployed by 2020)
Beidou – People's Republic of China's regional system, currently limited to Asia and the West Pacific,
global coverage planned to be operational by 2020
NAVIC – India's regional navigation system, covering India and Northern Indian Ocean
QZSS – Japanese regional system covering Asia and Oceania

Dude we tested a new SLCM today... Babur III

3BFE570E00000578-4102036-image-a-113_1483975775009.jpg
image2.jpeg
hyhy.png

Babur I = ground to ground
Babur II = anti ship CM
Babur III = Sub launched CM

Dude we tested a new SLCM today... Babur III

Very impressive and my congratulations. I read about it. My question was related to guidance .
INS + GPS + Tercom ?

Is TERCOM integrated ? TERCOM is the most critical, so you can target without GPS .
But you need dedicated image processing computers on this missile .

Last edited:
Very impressive and my congratulations. I read about it. My question was related to guidance .
INS + GPS + Tercom ?

Is TERCOM integrated ? TERCOM is the most critical, so you can target without GPS .
But you need dedicated image processing computers on this missile .
Yes TERCOM+INS+GPS +DSMAC (Digital Scene Matching and Area Co-relation) is there...

Why dnt they increase long range missile?

Er... they just did....

A cruise missile, I believe works out a lot cheaper than a conventional missile. Air- launched even more, because they are not expending power getting off the ground. A lot more bang per buck.

right after one month of babur testing PN did tested a slcm
Irrelevant, esp. when you take my (old) post oout of context.

Post 187, Dec 14, 2016
Oscar said:
The current subs arent meant to fire the Babur at all. Whiskey class launch systems were studied but were found to be thoroughly impractical(for the purpose) and very very noisy.
Penguin answered
Thank you. That's a very clear answer as to the status of SLCM in the PN.

So then by which platform Pakistan tested the missile and whats the use of testing the missiles if it cannot be deployed in next 6 years at minimum ? Can you please provide but details...
Irrelevant, esp. when you take my (old) post oout of context.

Post 187, Dec 14, 2016
Oscar said:
The current subs arent meant to fire the Babur at all. Whiskey class launch systems were studied but were found to be thoroughly impractical(for the purpose) and very very noisy.
Penguin answered
Thank you. That's a very clear answer as to the status of SLCM in the PN.

So then by which platform Pakistan tested the missile and whats the use of testing the missiles if it cannot be deployed in next 6 years at minimum ? Can you please provide but details...
For starters, one does not necessarily require an operation submarine to conduct an underwater launch. India, for example, tested its launch silo's for SLBMs using a pontoon submerged more than 30 metres deep in the sea. Testing could in principle also have involve a friendly navy's submarine (if the test was conducted 'out of area'). So, you can see that there are some steps/assumptions between an underwater launch test as a given and the conclusion that current PN boats have Babur. The earlier discussion, from which you took that old quote, was about the question whether currenntly operational PN boats (submarines) have a functional Babur capability. And the apparent answer was: no. Do not confuse testing with operational deployment. There's a lot in between.

Back
Top Bottom