What's new

Pakistan should open the gates for Syrian refugees.

We should but our GDP is much lower to Syria they can't live here only afghan can manage here to whom we put every thing behind know coping our tail they are true Ghadars

jiss ki thali mien khaya usme mien hi thooktay hien

Before crisis in Syria, you would hardly meet any Syrian here. Syrians were happy in their country and that could be the reason. But now I do see new arrivals from Middle East and most likely they are syrian refugees.

Syrians had free, state sponsored medical system. That I know of. But I have never heard of any issues regarding life in Syria before neighboring countries began sponsoring terrorists to fight Syrian regime.

Pakistan can taken in 20,000 Syrian citizens , on visit visa for 2 year

Heart of Pakistani poeple is much larger then our politician's

Its one thing to read about stories of hijrat from macca to madina and then have debates in schools and colleges. The real moment of what you learned comes forth when you actually practically have to open door to other muslims

20,000 is a modest number We should open our resources for these refugees

I honestly don't see why they have to go to Europe they can get accomodation in Near by muslim states

Its one thing to read about stories of hijrat from macca to madina and then have debates in schools and colleges. The real moment of what you learned comes forth when you actually practically have to open door to other muslims

I honestly don't see why they have to go to Europe they can get accomodation in Near by muslim states

Absolutely. When we can host 5 million refugees at one time, what difference does it make if we have a couple thousand more? Those people are in need and Pakistan is one country that can truly help.
Judging by the sentiment that I have seen on social media especially Facebook, many Pakistanis definitely do want to help

Screw the refugees. First feed your own then think about others. Just cant understand the logic of some people going all generous on muslim nations who screwed Pakistan over like thousand times. Same countries banned entry of Pakistani citizens when Pakistan was suffering from war on terror.

Unless your wallet is as big as your heart don't bother accommodating them. Your own fellow citizen are walking outside Hungry and Naked so you know the saying "Charity begins at home".

Apni Chadar deikh kar paoon phelao nae to chadar bi phatay gi aur gand bi.

Dude...after looking at this, I seriously doubt whether you indeed are capable of having a logical argument.

In the end, I'll just say that you do not take refuge in a country which is already war torn. Simple as that.

This pic hit kind of hard. Having nieces and nephews the around the same age. But i'm more disappointed by the responses by members.

On one side every Pakistani was happy that the EU was giving preferential treatment to Pakistani Textiles after the 2011? Flooding. But theres a double-standard when an individual who has lost everything to war.

These refugees paid 2,000 Euros each to the a-hole smugglers who jumped ship once the going go rough.

Alhamdulillah, hopefully, none of you will be in a similar situation as these Syria refugees. Otherwise you would be doing the same thing.

Unless your wallet is as big as your heart don't bother accommodating them. Your own fellow citizen are walking outside Hungry and Naked so you know the saying "Charity begins at home".

What makes you think the Syrians will just be sitting around begging for food. Did you not read that the literacy rate was 85+% They are educated individuals.

Why not give these people the option to come to Pakistan. See how many are willing to take the offer up.

Just a few days ago you had Dawn News reporting about Somali refugees who are school, operating businesses and working. Give these people the option. What are you going to lose?

We'll talk if you're ever in a similar situation.

Who will bear the expenses?? If rich countries give us the expenses then why not. Then We should take them.

This pic hit kind of hard. Having nieces and nephews the around the same age. But i'm more disappointed by the responses by members.

On one side every Pakistani was happy that the EU was giving preferential treatment to Pakistani Textiles after the 2011? Flooding. But theres a double-standard when an individual who has lost everything to war.

These refugees paid 2,000 Euros each to the a-hole smugglers who jumped ship once the going go rough.

Alhamdulillah, hopefully, none of you will be in a similar situation as these Syria refugees. Otherwise you would be doing the same thing.

What makes you think the Syrians will just be sitting around begging for food. Did you not read that the literacy rate was 85+% They are educated individuals.

Why not give these people the option to come to Pakistan. See how many are willing to take the offer up.

Just a few days ago you had Dawn News reporting about Somali refugees who are school, operating businesses and working. Give these people the option. What are you going to lose?

We'll talk if you're ever in a similar situation.

We already have millions of refugees who just sit there in camps and eat free food at the expense of Pakistani tax money. It is time for Americans to give refuge to couple of millions for once. West is responsible for this mess and they should compensate these people. Just saying that this will happen that will happen doesn't make it happen. Afghans only brought us internal security crisis. Let us deal with one American mess at a time. We are also taking in Rohingyas as refugees so ask your government to house them Americans and their power hunger is responsible fr this crisis. Rich and actually fair that West should get bitten in the *** by their own mistakes.

Pakistan suffered from war on terror for over a decade but no one gave a **** about it so yeah we have been in a similar situation and entire world turned their back on us. So dont give us moral lessons instead teach some to yourself.

We already have millions of refugees who just sit there in camps and eat free food at the expense of Pakistani tax money. It is time for Americans to give refuge to couple of millions for once. West is responsible for this mess and they should compensate these people. Just saying that this will happen that will happen doesn't make it happen. Afghans only brought us internal security crisis. Let us deal with one American mess at a time. We are also taking in Rohingyas as refugees so ask your government to house them Americans and their power hunger is responsible fr this crisis. Rich and actually fair that West should get bitten in the *** by their own mistakes.

Pakistan suffered from war on terror for over a decade but no one gave a **** about it so yeah we have been in a similar situation and entire world turned their back on us. So dont give us moral lessons instead teach some to yourself.

Add to your list of people responsible for the Afghan refugees; Afghans themselves, China, India, Iran, Israel, Saudi Arabia & Gulf, lets put N. Korea in all because why not. Kick the Afghans out then, why are they still in Pakistan?

How are Americans responsible for the Rohingyas crisis? For all the talk of Pakistan being the fortress of Islam on it's Eastern Flank why the silence of the Muslim treatment in China? Turkey sent naval ships to help the Rohingyas why didn't Pakistan? Doesn't seem very responsible of a Nuclear Power to just sit around while humanity is in flames.

Perhaps you should demand the Saudis & Company to house the Syria refugees? Israel airlifted thousands of Jew out of Sudan, Ethiopia, and the migration of Jew from Russia, CARs and you know what? They brought it up to the attention of these same Western Nations and got Billions to care for them. And now you got people from Sudan fleeing to Israel for a better life. Imagine that!

Perhaps the problem of housing Afghans in Pakistan is the incompetency of Pakistan's foreign policy?

I'm not laying blame here. I'm just wondering where humanity has gone.

It's high time we should realize the intensity of humanitarian crisis in Syria.
After watching the pictures of martyred children on the shores of Turkey,one can't help but get sick.

The process should be done under a proper organized system which I'm sure GoP and our intelligence agencies could device.This should be unlike the Afghan refugee process which was such a horrible mess that we are still paying for it.

It is worth noting that Syrians should not be treated as Afghans.Syrians won't be miscreants and thankless people like the Afghans.The general public of Syria are peace loving and educated unlike most Afghans which were uneducated and uncivilized.

We can't close our eyes like this.If we are working so hard for our internal security and to secure the future of our children,then the Syrians are also our children and they are also as innocent as our Peshawar martyers.

I am sure that the people of Pakistan have the spirit and will to accommodate a few thousands if the GoP takes the initiative.

At last,I would specially request all the PDF members.
If anyone from you has a voice in circles of the higher ups,your voice can reach our diplomats or your writings can be published in any newspaper or you have a Facebook page with a good number of audience,please write and create the awareness and mount the pressure.
I would also request the Indian members to raise a voice in your country that there is a huge humanitarian crisis somewhere in our planet.
This is arab problem, we are Miskeen ajaam......Let em handle ....Pakistan learnt alot from glorification of Muslim ummah....Now Suadi and UAE...calling in Indian military personal......takecare of your country first...

Add to your list of people responsible for the Afghan refugees; Afghans themselves, China, India, Iran, Israel, Saudi Arabia & Gulf, lets put N. Korea in all because why not. Kick the Afghans out then, why are they still in Pakistan?

How are Americans responsible for the Rohingyas crisis? For all the talk of Pakistan being the fortress of Islam on it's Eastern Flank why the silence of the Muslim treatment in China? Turkey sent naval ships to help the Rohingyas why didn't Pakistan? Doesn't seem very responsible of a Nuclear Power to just sit around while humanity is in flames.

Perhaps you should demand the Saudis & Company to house the Syria refugees? Israel airlifted thousands of Jew out of Sudan, Ethiopia, and the migration of Jew from Russia, CARs and you know what? They brought it up to the attention of these same Western Nations and got Billions to care for them. And now you got people from Sudan fleeing to Israel for a better life. Imagine that!

Perhaps the problem of housing Afghans in Pakistan is the incompetency of Pakistan's foreign policy?

I'm not laying blame here. I'm just wondering where humanity has gone.

We are gladly sending the Afghans back as part of the agreement with UN. Their ID cards wont be extended beyond 2015 as it is part National action plan. You are expecting too much from a Nation which has got merely $20 billion dollars in their savings account. If US , GCC and EU hasnt bothered to help them with all their resources then what do you expect from Turkey and Pakistan.
Btw Pakistan did accept all the refugees who came to seek refuge. Syrians like everyone else see this as an opportunity to get European citizenships that's why they are rushing to France UK and Germany. Pakistan Has a long history of accepting reugees. We house about a million rohingya as well on top of 4 million afghans. That is one of the worlds largest number of refugees in a country.

It's high time we should realize the intensity of humanitarian crisis in Syria.
After watching the pictures of martyred children on the shores of Turkey,one can't help but get sick.

The process should be done under a proper organized system which I'm sure GoP and our intelligence agencies could device.This should be unlike the Afghan refugee process which was such a horrible mess that we are still paying for it.

It is worth noting that Syrians should not be treated as Afghans.Syrians won't be miscreants and thankless people like the Afghans.The general public of Syria are peace loving and educated unlike most Afghans which were uneducated and uncivilized.

We can't close our eyes like this.If we are working so hard for our internal security and to secure the future of our children,then the Syrians are also our children and they are also as innocent as our Peshawar martyers.

I am sure that the people of Pakistan have the spirit and will to accommodate a few thousands if the GoP takes the initiative.

At last,I would specially request all the PDF members.
If anyone from you has a voice in circles of the higher ups,your voice can reach our diplomats or your writings can be published in any newspaper or you have a Facebook page with a good number of audience,please write and create the awareness and mount the pressure.
I would also request the Indian members to raise a voice in your country that there is a huge humanitarian crisis somewhere in our planet.

Did you raise your voice when thousands of Hindus are kicked out of their own country in the Kashmir valley? Did you raise your voice with people in Tibet are committing suicide and no one really cares about them?? Did any Muslim nation pay attention to the Lankan Tamils when they are fighting for freedom and butchered by Sri Lankan forces as well as Indian forces???? Of course no one...So you can very well guess what i am going to say about it...

Btw Pakistan did accept all the refugees who came to seek refuge. Syrians like everyone else see this as an opportunity to get European citizenships that's why they are rushing to France UK and Germany. Pakistan Has a long history of accepting reugees. We house about a million rohingya as well on top of 4 million afghans. That is one of the worlds largest number of refugees in a country.

Well, to be fair these same Europeans had a hand in the current state of Syria...

Throw out the ungrateful Afghans and bring in the Syrians. Give them the option at least. Each Syrian is paying 2,000 Euros in an attempt to get to Europe. PIA planes run empty to and from Pakistan and the West, have a few stop over at Sabiha Gokcen, Esenboga Airport etc.

Give the Syrians the opportunity to make a life, a business, a future. 2,000 Euros can go along way in Pakistan.

Just some real negative publicity
Wealthy Gulf States Have Accepted ZERO Syrian Refugees | Egyptian Streets

On western media as well

thestatistics-e1441385976766.jpg

gulfarabs-e1441385903133.jpg

Egypt: 133, 000. Lebanon: 1.2 million. Turkey: 1.8 million. Jordan: 628,427. Iraq: 247, 861.

These figures denote the number of Syrian refugees that have been taken in by neighbouring Arab countries. Despite many facing their own political, social and economic crises, these nations have – to at least some extent – recognised the refugee situation for what it is: a humanitarian crisis on a considerable scale, that must be attended to immediately – both politically and in terms of material relief.

However, it appears a few Arab nations have counted themselves out of this collective effort to provide some immediate support. According to Amnesty International, “the six Gulf countries – Qatar, United Arab Emirates, Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, Oman and Bahrain – have offered zero resettlement places to Syrian refugees.

Author is "Egyptian" lady

Screw the refugees. First feed your own then think about others. Just cant understand the logic of some people going all generous on muslim nations who screwed Pakistan over like thousand times. Same countries banned entry of Pakistani citizens when Pakistan was suffering from war on terror.

Quaid-e-Azam-Quotes-in-English.jpg

Islam expect every Muslim to do this duty, and if we realise our responsibility time will come soon when we shall justify ourselves worthy of a glorious past.
Muhammad Ali Jinnah

Our foreign policy is one of friendliness and goodwill towards all the nations of the world. We do not cherish aggressive designs against any country or nation. We believe in the principle of honesty and fairplay in national and international dealings and are prepared to make our utmost contribution to the promotion of peace and prosperity among the nations of the world. Pakistan will never be found lacking in extending its material and moral support to the oppressed and suppressed peoples of the world and in upholding the principles of the United Nation’s Charter. Muhammad Ali Jinnah(Broadcast to USA, February 1948.)

So I think based on these , guidelines , we should be helping Syrian Refugees!! 100%
As our chadar is wide goes all the way from Kashmir, KPK, Punjab, Sindh , Balouchistan

Last edited:
Well, to be fair these same Europeans had a hand in the current state of Syria...

Throw out the ungrateful Afghans and bring in the Syrians. Give them the option at least. Each Syrian is paying 2,000 Euros in an attempt to get to Europe. PIA planes run empty to and from Pakistan and the West, have a few stop over at Sabiha Gokcen, Esenboga Airport etc.

Give the Syrians the opportunity to make a life, a business, a future. 2,000 Euros can go along way in Pakistan.

You think the refugees would pay 2000 euros to come to Pakistan? Our countrymen are presently even dying in greek immigration lines running from police, not to mention the millions already in western countries themselves.

Just some real negative publicity
Wealthy Gulf States Have Accepted ZERO Syrian Refugees | Egyptian Streets

On western media as well

thestatistics-e1441385976766.jpg

gulfarabs-e1441385903133.jpg

Egypt: 133, 000. Lebanon: 1.2 million. Turkey: 1.8 million. Jordan: 628,427. Iraq: 247, 861.

These figures denote the number of Syrian refugees that have been taken in by neighbouring Arab countries. Despite many facing their own political, social and economic crises, these nations have – to at least some extent – recognised the refugee situation for what it is: a humanitarian crisis on a considerable scale, that must be attended to immediately – both politically and in terms of material relief.

However, it appears a few Arab nations have counted themselves out of this collective effort to provide some immediate support. According to Amnesty International, “the six Gulf countries – Qatar, United Arab Emirates, Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, Oman and Bahrain – have offered zero resettlement places to Syrian refugees.

Author is "Egyptian" lady

Quaid-e-Azam-Quotes-in-English.jpg

Islam expect every Muslim to do this duty, and if we realise our responsibility time will come soon when we shall justify ourselves worthy of a glorious past.
Muhammad Ali Jinnah

Our Duty in 2015 is help the Refugees of Syria !!! As muslims we need to show compassion and help other Muslims in need - that is the right thing to do

They have even banned people of the country from adopting syrian orphans. Taking in refugees is practically nothing compared to that.

Back
Top Bottom