What's new

PAKISTAN ORDNANCE FACTORIES EXPORTS HIT $100M FOR CURRENT YEAR

nadeemkhan110

BANNED
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Pakistan-Army-assault-rifle-battle-rifle-new-692x360.png

Chief of Army Staff General Raheel Sharif inspecting one of the competitors seeking to secure Pakistan's standard rifle requirement. Photo credit: ISPR

Bilal Khan -
PAKISTAN ORDNANCE FACTORIES EXPORTS HIT $100M FOR CURRENT YEAR
enforcement agencies, and civil defense markets in a number of markets, especially the Arab Gulf and Africa. Mr. Hussain’s statements confirm that POF has a noteworthy level of potential, one that could – if supported – transform it into an industry leading vendor.

Long-term growth and success will be dependent on how successfully POF and its product offerings are modernized and brought up to emerging standards. Having signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with Sir Meccanica, an industrial vendor specializing in providing systems for manufacturing, it seems POF is in the process of upgrading its production facilities. The current assault (and battle) rifle competition being held by the Pakistan Army could also result in POF managing a new rifle design, one that could fully supplant its legacy Heckler and Koch G-3 line.

It will be interesting to see if the Pakistan Army’s assault rifle program involves a commercial offset clause. While it is expected that POF will produce the selected design under license, it would be different to see overseas vendors link POF into their respective supply chains. For example, as part of an offset package POF could be contracted to produce specific components for a vendor’s entire assault/battle rifle line. This avenue could potentially be another long-term revenue source for POF.
Source: http://quwa.org/2016/08/23/pakistan-ordnance-factories-exports-hit-100m-current-year/

Need to work on small arms &special purpose setup ammunition. make what u got more it more lethal.

Proper policy and management can and will increase it multi fold. Plus it is a HUGE market as well!

Makes me sad too knowing what caused this increase in exports.

POF not exporting weapons and explosives to ISIS or other terror organisations like India. So what makes you sad since our arms supports peacekeeping activities by regular armed forces.
I didn't say they did. But I think they did supply it to KSA and Iraq.

Not against this sort of trade and this is going to be the much needed lifeline that POF desperately needed but I'd be much more happier supplying arms and ammo to professional armies.

Yemen conflict, Iraqi Sunni-Shia and then ISIS-Shia conflict and Boko Haram insurgency.
We were not selling these arms to ISIS or to parties in Shia Sunni conflict anyway but still this is how this business is. You cannot sell arms in a peaceful world. Why else you think US pokes its nose everywhere? :P

Anxiously waiting for the day when our defense related exports would surpass our defense spending. Too much wishful thinking but surely doable.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom