What's new

POF signed a contract with FEDARMS USA for a Assembly line for the production of FEDARMS AR-15

No, it’s a new rifle. Only reason pistol grip and Selector switch look similar because it’s was a requirement. It’s easier for soldiers who already trained on M-16s to switch and complete their new rifle qualification. Other than than it’s a totally different rifle inside.
It's AR-18 smh

I have dealt with the person signing on behalf of POF/WIL.

Although a nooni (at least till 15/16) in personal life but he was a financially shrewd person who had the best for WIL in his mind back then while dealing with us and gave no quarters in negotiations ( we had to revise our pricing several times because he put us in competitive bid with others). We had a decent arms length working relationship.

There was a relative of a General Dar in procurement/marketing who got caught in some brass casing/metal corruption (but still was employed even after that) who hated this guy's guts because he won't bend to their will.

Even though I don't like his nooni alignment but he probably isn't the guy you are looking for.

If somebody's palms are being greased then either those are in uniform or some other senior civilian officers.

and that is how business is done.
shameful !

Yes it was designed as a competition rifle. Designer wife was a competition shooter and he wanted something lightweight with less recoil (1950 era) therefore he came up with AR design. Later it evolve. US military adapter it much later during Vietnamese war.

Other than US and 3rd world countries where US donated older version of these rifles, not many professional forces use than as an infantry rifle. After lesson learn from wars, US is also replacing AR with Sig Sauer.

Yes, it’s jams and lacks stopping power. There’s no debate about it, it’s coming from the veterans that used it on battlefield.
Lol brother, many first world countries around the world are switching to AR type platforms. Like the HK-416F in the French and German army. The American army didnt induct the M16 at first because of bias, later on they went on to accept the rifles superiority and inducted it. It had a lot of issues but eventually it was refined. You are overexaggerating a lot here, have you maybe used one? Many of the issues with the AR platform in US service AFAIK was related with magazines

Last edited:
Lol brother, many first world countries around the world are switching to AR type platforms. Like the HK-416F in the French and German army. The American army didnt induct the M16 at first because of bias, later on they went on to accept the rifles superiority and inducted it. It had a lot of issues but eventually it was refined. You are overexaggerating a lot here, have you maybe used one? Many of the issues with the AR platform in US service AFAIK was related with magazines
May be I will upload a picture of myself to tell you how much I used that weapon. I think no one on this forum used that weapon more than I did.

It’s almost unanimous view in veterans community that has used the weapon in Iraq and Afghanistan that 5.56 M16/a2 isn’t a weapon of war. There is a reason US is spending billions to reequip it’s infantry soldiers with new caliber and rifle.

May be I will upload a picture of myself to tell you how much I used that weapon. I think no one on this forum used that weapon more than I did.

It’s almost unanimous view in veterans community that has used the weapon in Iraq and Afghanistan that 5.56 M16/a2 isn’t a weapon of war. There is a reason US is spending billions to reequip it’s infantry soldiers with new caliber and rifle.
Im not referring to a specific caliber but the system itself. M16a2 is very old, from the 80s. Im talking about modern day variants. And the replacement rifle is based on the AR-18. Sure 5.56 has its issues especially in places like Afghanistan (still not a bad round), but im not talking about the round. From what ive seen from most veterans they liked their m4a1s.

Last edited:
Im not referring to a specific caliber but the system itself. M16a2 is very old, from the 80s. Im talking about modern day variants. And the replacement rifle is based on the AR-18. Sure 5.56 has its issues especially in places like Afghanistan (still not a bad round), but im not talking about the round. From what ive seen from most veterans they liked their m4a1s.
Military does not issue m4a1 to infantry. M16A4 is a standard issue weapon. M4 are issued in limited numbers.

Company is also distributor pof products in US

I think this is a commercial venture . May b they will give part of production to pof

Attachments

• Screenshot_2022-10-01-12-57-48-518_com.android.chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_2022-10-01-12-57-48-518_com.android.chrome.jpg
    143.9 KB · Views: 32
No it’s not. AR was designed as a competition rifle not a weapon for war. Any war veteran can tell you that. It Jams, 5.56 round is weak to bring a enemy down in a single shot. Infact Iraqis were able to take 3 and still mange to get back up. High maintenance, weak caliber rifles aren’t suitable for combat.
Ask veteran from which war? Vietnam?

I don't recall I have my M4 jammed even once when I spend 2 years in the Middle East. the Ma Deuce on top of my Humvee had jam more than I can remember. And I have fired probably more than 10,000 rounds on my M4.

IN the beginning, when they use M-16 base in Vietnam, it was a design fault that leads to the common jamming problem, this no longer exist as long as you clean your rifle frequently. I mean, any firearms jam if you don't properly maintain it.

As for 556 being weak rounds, that's a different opinion. 556 is more than enough to kill a person, but if you expect people to stop after taking a few rounds, I can tell you that it's doesn't happen that way, I personally see a guy took 5 AK round to the chest without Body Armor still stand up and shoot back, rifle round is not a blunt round, you don't stop unless it hit your bone, so either it cut thru your muscle or blood vessel and you bled to death, seldom you got shot with 1 or twice ( I got shot twice in Iraq by the way) and incapacitate you. That's across the board regardless of calibre.

But 556 is weak against armored target, that is true.

Ask veteran from which war? Vietnam?

I don't recall I have my M4 jammed even once when I spend 2 years in the Middle East. the Ma Deuce on top of my Humvee had jam more than I can remember. And I have fired probably more than 10,000 rounds on my M4.

IN the beginning, when they use M-16 base in Vietnam, it was a design fault that leads to the common jamming problem, this no longer exist as long as you clean your rifle frequently. I mean, any firearms jam if you don't properly maintain it.

As for 556 being weak rounds, that's a different opinion. 556 is more than enough to kill a person, but if you expect people to stop after taking a few rounds, I can tell you that it's doesn't happen that way, I personally see a guy took 5 AK round to the chest without Body Armor still stand up and shoot back, rifle round is not a blunt round, you don't stop unless it hit your bone, so either it cut thru your muscle or blood vessel and you bled to death, seldom you got shot with 1 or twice ( I got shot twice in Iraq by the way) and incapacitate you. That's across the board regardless of calibre.

But 556 is weak against armored target, that is true.
1664641648155.gif

Well, you said ask any Vet.

I am just telling you my aspect as a vet. You want me to ask some of my friend who served in Iraq and Afghanistan as well?
No need. I was with a line company. Both Army and marine has a office/dept of “lesson learned”, and the lesson was learned. Bigger caliber, different rifle that can take sand/snow and can be cleaned using cheap oil and a boot lace like Afghans do their Aks and PKM.

Last edited:
No need, I was with a line company. Both Army and marine has a sorta office/dept of “lesson learned”, and the lesson was learned. Bigger caliber, different rifle that can take sand/snow and can be cleaned using cheap oil and a boot lace like Afghans do their Aks and PKM.
I honestly and seriously do not have a clue what you are talking about......

That’s why I said, Cool story bro. Carry on.
Again, you said in your post ask any vet, I am telling you my perspective as a vet, if you don't believe I was a vet or you don't believe what I said, I am more than happy to send you my 201 or 214 or 215 your way, but as I said, I quite honestly don't understand what you were talking about.

And that's what I said.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom