What's new

Pakistan Navy Questions Thread

I came across this Leonardo AW-139 Seahawk - Sea combat search and rescue variant designed for Pakistan Air Force any info on this?

I came across this Leonardo AW-139 Seahawk - Sea combat search and rescue variant designed for Pakistan Air Force any info on this?
PAF choppers never fly over sea . its PN naval air wing . so this info can be taken with grain of salt
some fans named it

1632433988881.png

AW-139 is PAFs SAR platform only and with few examples as VIP transport in PA. New promo video for Milgem names Z-9 in specs so PN would probably get new variants of the Z-9 instead of considering these.

Better to use existing discussion instead of creating a new thread merely for a query.

Are submarines better than surface ships for warfare? Are submarines more dangerous than surface ships? I am asking because most Indian naval experts claim that the biggest challenge for the IN would be PN submarines and in particular PN 8 new yuan class submarines.

Does Pakistan still have requirement for 6 large ships (Heavy Frigates/Destroyers)?

If so is it considering splitting the order between two suppliers?

With the Type 052DL approved for export and the TF-2000 destroyer’s primary missile, the Siper, is achieving crucial test performances requirements (and building on the knowledge acquired from the purchase of the S-400), splitting the order 3/3 between the two vendors would keep the PN abreast of the latest technologies (particularly networks, Datalinks; C4ISR overall) from the East and the West for the foreseeable future, similar to how the Milgem and Type 054A/P give Pakistan a significant ASW capability.

I just hope the export version of the Type 052DL called the Type 052DE or Type 052E will have features from the Type 055, such as the integrated mast and lower signature exhaust.

The following picture is from Stratfor (a private US intelligence company) that speculated as to what a Type 055 could look like, before it was revealed. It is a decent approximation of what I suggest a slightly improved Type 052DL should look like.

1668089178770.jpeg

Last edited:
Are submarines better than surface ships for warfare? Are submarines more dangerous than surface ships? I am asking because most Indian naval experts claim that the biggest challenge for the IN would be PN submarines and in particular PN 8 new yuan class submarines.
Definitely, PN's submarine fleet with 3 + 8 (AIP enabled) submarines will be its most lethal component. Detecting a submerged submarine is still most challenging task for any navy. AIP enabled submarines can remain submerged for much longer then traditional subs.

Also, there is a history. PN Hangoor destroyed INS Khurki and damaged another ASW warship of indian navy.

Definitely, PN's submarine fleet with 3 + 8 (AIP enabled) submarines will be its most lethal component. Detecting a submerged submarine is still most challenging task for any navy. AIP enabled submarines can remain submerged for much longer then traditional subs.

Also, there is a history. PN Hangoor destroyed INS Khurki and damaged another ASW warship of indian navy.
AIP submarine are hard to detect but they have been around for decades and ASW aircraft have learned to hunt them.

IMHO, The PN should really push to have the Hangor design improved to accommodate Lithium batteries currently being developed for PLAN SSKs and already becoming operational in the Japanese navy, possibly to be acquired by the Indian Navy.

Back
Top Bottom