What's new

“Pakistan does not require electricity; it requires cheap electricity”

Overseas Pakistanis must invest in solar system for their own homes in Pak. A small house can easily by setup within 5 lakh pkr…..or max 7-10 lac pkr depending on size of house and wishes/requirements

Last yr a 2.8 kV system cost us around 3.5 lakhs (hybrid)…..lowered our bill and we don’t notice power outage during daytime(when its sunny or partly cloudy)….many overseas pakistanis can afford it specially thise in usa, canada, europe for their own homes
Hybrid doesn’t even need netmetering

Doesn’t require 10 lakh + at all….

The cost of electricity in Pakistan is one of the main factors limiting the country's economic development. In Pakistan, the average cost of electricity is about US$0.14 per kilowatt-hour (kWh), which is more than three times the average cost in the United States (US$0.04 per kWh).

The cost of electricity in Pakistan is one of the main factors limiting the country's economic development. In Pakistan, the average cost of electricity is about US$0.14 per kilowatt-hour (kWh), which is more than three times the average cost in the United States (US$0.04 per kWh).
Who is running these bot farms?

Only a retard would think that the average cost of electricity in the U.S. is 4 cents per kwh.

I need to state again, the price of electricity to industry is entirely arbitrary.

It is based only on the capacity of the country to subsidize the cost.

The cost of power production, however, is what is most accurately measured with the links I have shared.

If you exclude the states that get most of their electricity from subsidized renewables, the cost of electricity in the U.S. is 20-40 cents per kwh.

Last edited:
Generation capacity is available. What's wrong is distribution line losses ~20%. 5% is a acceptable line loss and most of all end the "kunda" culture and meter "tampering ". The problem is that the electricity companies employees are involved in this Scam!
This is the most common problem. You should be happy if it is only 20%. I suspect in India it could be as high as 35% once include the illegal tapping, scrub meters, and just poor maintenance of transformer lines.

That's genius. Hopefully drunk first

If Pakistan goes for Solar power in excess of 1000 MW, Pakistan can have the power at around 5.5 PKR. GO for solar in a big way.

The high cost of electricity in Pakistan is due to several factors, including the country's reliance on imported oil and gas, the low efficiency of its power plants, and the high cost of financing for power projects. I bet guys from Energy Australia might provide helpful advice and figure out some reasonable solutions to obtain cheap electricity.

The cheapest electricity is hydropower, and the most expensive electricity is photovoltaic power generation.

You could say that for all infrastructure - you need cheap or value of the money infrastructure

There. Fixed it. :D
You could say that for all infrastructure - you need cheap or value of the money infrastructure
OP means that Pakistan needs cheap electricity, so it should give priority to the development of hydropower and thermal power, rather than expensive electricity such as photovoltaic power generation.

OP means that Pakistan needs cheap electricity, so it should give priority to the development of hydropower and thermal power, rather than expensive electricity such as photovoltaic power generation.

In case of electricity it is hydroelectricity or fossil fuels (if it is mined in your country)

take my comment as a veiled shot at expensive Chinese infrastructure that has been peddled around Asia and Africa without any economic results to show for it.
Chinese HSR is a classic example.

In case of electricity it is hydroelectricity or fossil fuels (if it is mined in your country)

take my comment as a veiled shot at expensive Chinese infrastructure that has been peddled around Asia and Africa without any economic results to show for it.
Chinese HSR is a classic example.
Instead of selling photovoltaic power generation equipment to Pakistan, China is trying to build hydropower stations in Pakistan. The Chinese understand the current situation in Pakistan very well, and we will come up with the best plan.

China's photovoltaic panels are usually sold to Europe and the Americas, and we have not built HSR in Africa.

BTW: China helped India build a statue, which cost 34 billion rupees. Do you like it very much?

Don't you like HSR in China? It doesn't matter. We didn't compete with Japan for India's HSR project. Is your cooperation with Japan very pleasant? Has India's HSR been completed on schedule?

Last edited:
Instead of selling photovoltaic power generation equipment to Pakistan, China is trying to build hydropower stations in Pakistan. The Chinese understand the current situation in Pakistan very well, and we will come up with the best plan.

China's photovoltaic panels are usually sold to Europe and the Americas, and we have not built HSR in Africa.

BTW: China helped India build a statue, which cost 34 billion rupees. Do you like it very much?

Don't you like HSR in China? It doesn't matter. We didn't compete with Japan for India's HSR project. Is your cooperation with Japan very pleasant? Has India's HSR been completed on schedule?

High Speed Rail is a nice to have if you can afford it. Most countries cannot afford the HSR at the price tags quoted. If it has not been built in Africa it is about economics.

I am not blaming China here. I am pointing out infrastructure needs to have economic rationale behind it

A statue in India for what ??

High Speed Rail is a nice to have if you can afford it. Most countries cannot afford the HSR at the price tags quoted. If it has not been built in Africa it is about economics.

I am not blaming China here. I am pointing out infrastructure needs to have economic rationale behind it

A statue in India for what ??
You don't know that statue? It seems that you are not Indian.

I don't know which statue too, the Chinese media did not report that.

But the Indians in PDF often talk about that the Chinese made a statue for India, which cost 34 billion rubles.

Back
Top Bottom