What's new

Pakistan developing its own S400 like system

Oh dear .... this just gets worse.

What's the point of living ?? Suicide is the option
they've already emigrated and identify with the new nation. that's ample enough reason to not care.
or maybe they just want to be realistic, maybe realism is more productive in the long run.

they've already emigrated and identify with the new nation. that's ample enough reason to not care.
or maybe they just want to be realistic, maybe realism is more productive in the long run.
R u talking about India now?
Pakistanis may move to Mars but their heart is always Pakistan.

Haroon Rasheed says everything with so much confidence, and so nonchalantly, that you are inclined to believe him. But I would strongly recommend that you do not. Unfortunately, like many in the media, he is not reliable.

Haroon Rasheed says everything with so much confidence, and so nonchalantly, that you are inclined to believe him. But I would strongly recommend that you do not. Unfortunately, like many in the media, he is not reliable.
How can you say that with 100% confidence. Maybe we shouldn't trust you.

Maybe because Insight-out (whom I do not know) is not paid to say things and chaps like Haroon Rasheed make a living out of buk-buking on TV ;-)
I was being devil's advocate. Point is nothing is 100% in life

Considering the source is just a weak one the thread should be closed unless an official testing is announced
The journalist in question has very little credibility

The existing measures taken for SAM systems by Pakistan Army are already sufficient perhaps few additional systems would be nice to have but not urgent

The below priorities seems enough for now

• Helicopters (Stuck in pipeline)
  • Navy (Under construction assets)

The news reporters are the last asset Pakistan Military would use to announce official news

Last edited:
Indigenous Air Defence system is in work from some years but a notion that it will be equivalent to S-400 is absurd.

Haroon Rasheed no doubt that have sources and connection with defence forces and defence research community but he himself is a Political journalist with less technical understanding of defence systems, so by this claim of HAroon Rasheed we can only say that SAM system is in work it's not an official confirmation but it could be best possible tidbit about the existence of inhouse SAM program we can get from any civilian before official declaration.

I have got a dream, we all have got dreams which if came true will be a nightmare for the fascist Modi.
Lets enjoy the dream even on the paper until one day who knows apple falls on our heads too. :p: .

In sha Allah Pakistan will make its own very capable Sam system and many others systems. All the haters and people who laugh now will be proven wrong In sha Allah. And for the people laughing, how shameful.

Considering the source is just a weak one the thread should be closed unless an official testing is announced
The journalist in question has very little credibility

The existing measures taken for SAM systems by Pakistan Army are already sufficient perhaps few additional systems would be nice to have but not urgent

The below priorities seems enough for now

• Helicopters (Stuck in pipeline)
  • Navy (Under construction assets)

The news reporters are the last asset Pakistan Military would use to announce official news
It may be a total lie. Fake news etc.

What's disappointing is the negative behaviour and comments. Such losers on pdf and real life

Yes they are always willing to give you this...like ots going to the sweet shop with mummy and daddy!
Ofcourse Pakistan is incapable of thinking or developing tech because likes of you have a LOSER mentality. I bet you use websites to do your homework as you are not capable at all.

yes, offcourse, it’s true, and please refrain from personal attacks.
Loser mentally??? What have we developed without the help of others? What are our great accomplishments? YouTubers in Karachi’s playing Nala-Nala, 200 to 300 videos are done on building modern Nala in Karachi. Modern drainage systems were built 300 years ago in Europe.
Have you looked at our public transportation system? 40 years late, but we are finally getting the buses we need. Our Train system and train stations are stuck in 70s. Have you traveled in train in India, Bangladesh or Iran? Compare that to Pakistan and you will know the truth. While western world is developing organ printing 3D machine, Ai and MetaVerse, we are still conducting our business on paper. Our government should be running 100% on digital system.
FBR should have some kind of mechanism to track monthly and yearly sales for businesses including retailers and grocery stores. This may require building customized POS system for retailers.

Last edited:
How can you say that with 100% confidence. Maybe we shouldn't trust you.
You know nothing about me. So you definitely have no basis upon which you could trust me.

Of course I cannot say about Haroon Rasheed what I said with 100% confidence. But it is based on my observation.

Many of his predictions do not pan out. And he often has "insider" information that he cannot possibly have, unless he had high level security clearance, or was in the room.

Without exaggeration, the HQ9/P needs to be integrated into Pakistan's indigenous C4I system. It will be able to react based on inputs from our AEWACS atleast, and maybe given inputs from UAVs acting as aerial radars. If all of this software has been released by China, it is also possible they released the codes for missile guidance, which can then be improved by our engineers. Being like S400 doesn't mean it has to be similar in range. Please think about this.

You know nothing about me. So you definitely have no basis upon which you could trust me.

Of course I cannot say about Haroon Rasheed what I said with 100% confidence. But it is based on my observation.

Many of his predictions do not pan out. And he often has "insider" information that he cannot possibly have, unless he had high level security clearance, or was in the room.
So bhai what you are saying is that in your personal opinion there is a high probability that this info is incorrect but there may be an element of truth in it. You just don't know.

I agree if that's your stance as all journalism is like this.

I know I am going to get a lot of flak but let me hopefully get my thoughts across without getting people too emotional.

I feel that HR is exaggerating a bit here. The idea that PK has the ability to build a S-400 type system is very unlikely. Not because Pakistan does not have the wherewithal to undertake such a project, but because the underlying technology required to develop a system like this requires an industrial/research/education base we don't posses. [speaking of education: reminds me of the time I was invited to guest lecture at NUST - where I had a cadet engineer get up during Q&A and fault "people like me" for not investing in the great minds of Pakistan - like the guy in Sindh those days who had built an engine powered by water - suffice it to say I walked away disappointed at the state of our education). You can argue that PK could partner with other countries, that is a possibility. However countries like Turkey and China that can help are unlikely partners given their own reasonably mature commercial programs. Makes no sense for them to undercut their own sales.

Now let me tell you why I feel such a program is beyond Pakistan's reach.

Pakistan does not have a mature Radar R&D and manufacturing capability (other than smaller air based systems - lessons learnt through our Grifo experiences). S-400 systems use advanced phased radar technology. Pakistan does not posses the ability to develop such radars. That weakness in itself makes reaching an S-400 type of product impossible but add on to this some shortcomings in electro-optical, advanced single processing & software, micro-electronics, miniaturization, materials (sciences), advanced rocket motor tech, and solid fuels for smaller long distance missiles, compounds this challenge extensively. I would say Pakistan is about 60-70% capable of making this type of missile (the kinetic projectile - not the control and radar systems), but the last 30-40% is what is really hard.

On the radar end (command, control, and radar systems) we are perhaps only 30-40% capable.

Can Pakistan make a missile like the S-400. Perhaps. But now bring in financial and political will and resources and that challenge doubles over an already tough undertaking.

One of the most heavily invested programs is the SPD run missile programs for PK nukes. The fact that our motor technologies still require missile fins for rocket stability speaks to how far behind we are in rocket motor technologies. That should also give people a sense of our capabilities.

Finally yes, PKtanis are generally a cynical bunch and that is not a good thing to be, as some members have stated. But having a balanced and realistic view is different from cynicism.

Lastly I'll say before PK builds a system like an S-400 we are likely to see smaller ranged anti-air & shorter ranged systems for battlefield and naval asset protection. When you see such indigenous systems fielded then you can be in a position to state that an S-400 type system is likely within our technical reach, and even then it will be a challenge.

Again hope people take the above points as just my view based upon my knowledge and experience, and not intention to put us down.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom