What's new

Pak driver's 'jihadi' brother killed in Kashmir

Sir, do you think that implementing Sharia in any place can be considered a noble cause?

I see several forumers here supporting these primitive laws based on immature understanding of the judicial process. Are you among them also?

Yes we do. The problem is your lack of understanding with regards to Sharia. As I have mentioned in other threads, Sharia does not automatically equal what the Taliban have in mind. Saudi Arabia and Iran carry on with Sharia even as they deal with the rest of the world.

There is considerable flexibility and intricacies in the implementation of Sharia. You would need to understand them before you discount it based on all the hearsay in the media.

Yes we do. The problem is your lack of understanding with regards to Sharia. As I have mentioned in other threads, Sharia does not automatically equal what the Taliban have in mind. Saudi Arabia and Iran carry on with Sharia even as they deal with the rest of the world.

There is considerable flexibility and intricacies in the implementation of Sharia. You would need to understand them before you discount it based on all the hearsay in the media.

Thank you blain2. I think I do know enough about Sharia, and I\'ll not mince my words. I find it disgusting, primitive, and a blot on the face of the 21st century.

I\'d rather live under the Chinese communist party (atleast they are progressive) rather than under religious laws.

Unfortunately, I think that you people are being forced to justify these laws because your state has no choice but to compromise with the forces which are demanding them. I am sure that under normal circumstances, nobody with a decent education could ever try and justify them.

Thank you blain2. I think I do know enough about Sharia, and I\'ll not mince my words. I find it disgusting, primitive, and a blot on the face of the 21st century.

I\'d rather live under the Chinese communist party (atleast they are progressive) rather than under religious laws.
Now that is an completely biased, nonobjective and uninformed opinion.
Unfortunately, I think that you people are being forced to justify these laws because your state has no choice but to compromise with the forces which are demanding them. I am sure that under normal circumstances, nobody with a decent education could ever try and justify them.

On the contrary, we believe in every word we wrote. If you doubt that, go back and read through our earlier posts in the forum.

Utter nonsense. There is no excuse for supporting an Islamic insurgency.

Jehadi apoligists like yourself should be ashamed of yourselves. You are no better than the Jehadis, because you tacitly (actually openly) support them.

Yet, to you the Taliban are terrorists. How convenient.

Pashtunistan Zindabad I say!! Let the Pashtuns fight for their freedom!

Free Swat at last. Free from the carpet bombing of the Pakistani army. Free from the tyrannical grip of the Pakistani state.

What is going on in Kashmir and also to a great extent in Afghanistan is a struggle against occupation. You can colour it any way you like, the fact is that Pashtuns have taken up arms in Afghanistan and also in Pakistan due to the fact that ISAF occupies Afghanistan and the Pashtuns are duty bound to help their brethren who are under occupation. They fight the Pakistan Army because they are being hindered from helping their brothers in Afghanistan. The issue in Swat is not one of freeing it for the cause of a greater Pashtunistan by the way.

Similarly in Kashmir, there is a problem with the Indian domination and there is a reaction to it.

Your rah, rah for the Pashtunistan is fairly misplaced as there are gaps in your understanding about the issues on hand in Fata and swat. There is no occupation as in Kashmir and Afghanistan in either of these above mentioned places.

What is going on in Kashmir and also to a great extent in Afghanistan is a struggle against occupation. You can colour it any way you like, the fact is that Pashtuns have taken up arms in Afghanistan and also in Pakistan due to the fact that ISAF occupies Afghanistan and the Pashtuns are duty bound to help their brethren who are under occupation. They fight the Pakistan Army because they are being hindered from helping their brothers in Afghanistan. The issue in Swat is not one of freeing it for the cause of a greater Pashtunistan by the way.

Similarly in Kashmir, there is a problem with the Indian domination and there is a reaction to it.

Your rah, rah for the Pashtunistan is fairly misplaced as there are gaps in your understanding about the issues on hand in Fata and swat. There is no occupation as in Kashmir and Afghanistan in either of these above mentioned places.

If there is no occupation, what are they fighting against?

Sorry blain2, but you have no argument whatsoever. Those people consider themselves to be under occupation, so they are fighting. However, you choose to colour their movement terrorist because it suits your interests.

Sorry blain2, but you have no argument whatsoever. Those people consider themselves to be under occupation, so they are fighting. However, you choose to colour their movement terrorist because it suits your interests.

Are you seriously that ignorant of the dynamics in FATA and Swat?

The fight in Swat and FATA is ideological and for the imposition of Shairah, not a separatist insurgency. Please do show me how the insurgencies in Swat and FATA are separatist.

Get over your liberal, self-righteousness. What is disgusting is the treatment of people of different races and religions in your supposedly democratic and secular India, however the problem is not with democracy, rather the crappy implementation (or lack thereof) of it in your country.

Yours is the case of judging a book by its cover. Your understanding of Sharia is simply based on the sound bites that are thrown about how awful this law is and you regurgitate the same onwards.

I am sort of used to hearing from people how bad sharia is when they have absolutely no clue about what it really is. Faulty implementation upon a certain logic does not necessarily make the logic bad. This is the problem with the Sharia haters. Look at the example of Taliban and then label it all bad. Mix up culture with religion and then label it.

You need to be a little more sophisticated in your critique. First understand what Sharia is, what challenges it is trying to overcome, what the need for it is within the Muslim community and then maybe you can come up with your own ideas about it. However given the way you have ranted off about it, to me that shows that you have absolutely no idea beyond the cliches being thrown around about Sharia.

Last edited:
Are you seriously that ignorant of the dynamics in FATA and Swat?

The fight in Swat and FATA is ideological and for the imposition of Shairah, not a separatist insurgency. Please do show me how the insurgencies in Swat and FATA are separatist.

Its you, Mr. Supposedly Agnostic but actually supporter of Religious Laws and Extremist Movements Sir, that are ignorant about the dynamics.of FATA and Swat.

Swat is already separated friend. They have their own laws, and are part of Pakistan only in name. Do you not see that?

No occupation where? Do you understand what the fight in Swat is all about? This is not a territorial dispute. The primary gripe is the lack of law enforcement in the area and non-imposition of Sharia that many want there.

It would do you a lot of good to understand why people in Pakistan are not totally convinced that all these people who have taken up arms in the tribal belt are terrorists. This is what makes this a big challenge for the government and the Army to sell to the public.

Do you understand the hesitancy in Pakistan with regards to taking on these tribals? The reason for it is that most in Pakistan believe that all of this problem is being created due to the instability in and occupation of Afghanistan. The occupation is inciting the tribals to want to help out their fellow pashtuns. Pakistan is under pressure from the US to stop this help and this is the result that those in FATA have turned up against the government.

Its you, Mr. Supposedly Agnostic but actually supporter of Religious Laws and Extremist Movements Sir, that are ignorant about the dynamics.of FATA and Swat.

Swat is already separated friend. They have their own laws, and are part of Pakistan only in name. Do you not see that?

Please don't waste our time here. Dig into the details, learn about what is going on before your post otherwise posts are going to get deleted.

I don't see why the mods do us all a favor and ban these people on sight! we shouldn't have to go through all these ridiculous arguments over and over again, they have been discussed to death. second, arguments of stupidity should automatically be deleted, and the poster banned.

That isn't true it has government appointed judges that follow a court preferred by the government it is pretty similar to a lot of places on the world map.

Mr blain2,

Sharia in itself may not be a problem,but when its brought in as compromise with Taliban,it becomes a prolem as u know intricacies & interpretation of sharia by Taliban gonna make it medieval as compared to mere conservative interpretation by the Saudis.

Anyway if shariat is good why pakistan didnt practice it before or make it a law in all parts of pakistan now??

Last edited:
Fine. I\\\\\\\'m sorry if I riled up the feelings of some people here. Perhaps your sharia is great after all.

Who am I to judge?

However, I have one request: Please adopt Sharia if you wish, but kindly don\'t force it onto Indian muslims. Atleast give them a chance to progress. Thanks.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom