What's new

Pak driver's 'jihadi' brother killed in Kashmir

Bhishma

BANNED

New Recruit

Reaction score
Pak driver\'s \'jihadi\' brother killed in Kashmir: report
Pak driver's 'jihadi' brother killed in Kashmir: report

London, Mar 6 (PTI) Shakil, the younger brother of Pakistani driver Mehar Mohammed Khalil praised for his quick thinking that saved Sri Lankan cricket team in Lahore\'s terror attack, was a \"jihadi\" killed by Indian security forces in Kashmir in anti-militancy operation in 1995, a news report has said.
\"In 1995 his younger brother, Shakil, was killed fighting for a jihadist militant group in Indian-administered Kashmir,\" The Times newspaper reported.

According to the report, Khalil welcomed his well wishers in the backdrop of \"a photograph of his dead brother, with a Kalashnikov rifle over his shoulder, a camouflage cap on his head and a radio in one hand\".

Printed in Urdu across the photograph were the words \'Mujahid martyred in Kashmir. Died in Udampur, India, 25 August 1995. Codename Abdullah.\' the report said.

As he spoke, a relative whisked away the photograph of his dead brother.

\"He is also a supporter of Jamaat-e-Islami\", the Islamist political party \"that wants to impose Sharia across Pakistan and to use the army to kick India out of Kashmir\", the British daily said. PTI

Strange ironies of life. He was probably attacked by the same kind of people who he supported.

Actually there was no quick thinking on the part of this driver. In fact, he had kept the bus standing still for a full two minutes before he listened to the shouting Sri Lankans who told him to get the hell out.

As for the second van carrying the other officials: It should be noted that the other driver had brought that van to a complete halt too. In fact, he had put it into neutral gear. The fact that he was later on shot and died with his foot on the accelerator is a different matter.

Were these drivers instructed to halt the vehicles? The whole thing reeks of an inside job. IMHO IGP Mohammad Malik Iqbal is a prime suspect. See:

It is likely that there is serious inside involvement. Consider

1. The mysterious phone call that got the route changed at the last moment. The caller was obviously intimately familiar with police procedures.

2. The fact that the all terrorists escaped unhurriedly. Not a single terrorist was hurt. Despite the Liberty Market police station being only about 50 metres away, the terrorists continued their unhindered shooting spree for 20 minutes. And this was supposed to be a VVIP convoy.

3. The "warning report" alleging that RAW will target the SL team, apparently signed by Malik Muhammad Iqbal, Additional IGP. This man must be considered a prime suspect. As per a report on BBC Urdu (see Raw Attack Sri Lanka Cricket Team In Lahore - Pakistani Defence Forum) Salman Taseer says the report was never given to him, but was leaked to the media. Senior Journalist Ansar Abbasi of Jang must also be considered a suspect.

Actually there was no quick thinking on the part of this driver. In fact, he had kept the bus standing still for a full two minutes before he listened to the shouting Sri Lankans who told him to get the hell out.

As for the second van carrying the other officials: It should be noted that the other driver had brought that van to a complete halt too. In fact, he had put it into neutral gear. The fact that he was later on shot and died with his foot on the accelerator is a different matter.

Were these drivers instructed to halt the vehicles? The whole thing reeks of an inside job. IMHO IGP Mohammad Malik Iqbal is a prime suspect. See:

It reeks of poor training, organization and a very 'human response' to an unexpected situation.

Strange ironies of life. He was probably attacked by the same kind of people who he supported.

The 'kind of people' he supported were fighting an illegal occupation by India and the rapes and atrocities committed by the Indian security forces in J&K, not terrorists such as those in Lahore or Mumbai.

His brother died fighting for a just and noble cause.

Please don't bring your hair brained conspiracy theories in every thread.

The \'kind of people\' he supported were fighting an illegal occupation by India and the rapes and atrocities committed by the Indian security forces in J&K, not terrorists such as those in Lahore or Mumbai.

Sir, do you think that implementing Sharia in any place can be considered a noble cause?

I see several forumers here supporting these primitive laws based on immature understanding of the judicial process. Are you among them also?

Sir, do you think that implementing Sharia in any place can be considered a noble cause?

I see several forumers here supporting these primitive laws based on immature understanding of the judicial process. Are you among them also?
Excuse me but this is not a thread about what sort of person is Agnostic Muslim. Please stick to the topic you created.

Excuse me but this is not a thread about what sort of person is Agnostic Muslim. Please stick to the topic you created.

Mr. Agnostic Muslim considers the implementation of Sharia in Kashmir as a noble cause. I was simply confirming this.

I think this is a natural progression of the topic.

I consider fighting an occupation and atrocities to be a noble cause (without deliberately targeting civilians, though collateral damage will always occur), though I also believe there is a time to put weapons aside and give dialog a chance, which is the position the GoP has pushed since 2002, and which almost resulted in the breakthrough mentioned by Steve Coll, and which is the policy we should continue to pursue for the near to medium term, and beyond that if we make progress.

I do not consider Shariah to be inherently flawed or 'primitive'. I pointed out in other threads that the Council On Islamic Ideology in Pakistan, that rules on whether Pakistani laws are in accordance with 'Shariah', has been more progressive and supportive of minority and womens rights than the 'liberal' political parties have been.

Shariah does not automatically imply the laws of the Taliban, Saudis or Iranians - Shariah is interpreted differently by different Islamic scholars. If the recent CII rulings are anything to go by, then Shariah is extremely progressive, fair and just. If the Taliban laws are what we go by, then their Shariah is extremely primitive and discriminatory.

One has to look at the actual laws, regulations and interpretations that apply.

But on a personal level, I disagree with the decision to enforce Shariah across Pakistan because there are differences and uncertainty over the interpretation of Shariah. The CII is composed of educated scholars from various sects who arrive at consensus before issuing rulings, hence the moderate and progressive rulings, and that structure would have to be maintained.

In addition, certain basic Islamic principles would have to be declared iron clad and indisputable - such as the equality of all men and the freedom to practice, or not, ones faith. Any rulings by the CII would have to conform to those basic principles.

P.S: Just saw your post Asim, and I had already replied. Apologize for the off topic response.

Mr. Agnostic Muslim considers the implementation of Sharia in Kashmir as a noble cause. I was simply confirming this.

I think this is a natural progression of the topic.
1) He did not say anything like that.
2) His alias should have been a clue for you...
3) He said this:

The 'kind of people' he supported were fighting an illegal occupation by India and the rapes and atrocities committed by the Indian security forces in J&K, not terrorists such as those in Lahore or Mumbai.

I think all secular law also punishes crimes of rape, murder, arson and other atrocities. Fighting against crime is a noble cause, nowhere did he comment upon the implementation of Sharia. Please don't troll and try to weasel out of it when you're called out on it.

Halaku (RAm singh)khan were you in the bus with the driver and been watching the watch to no exactly how long he was parked there if not were you on the other side spraying the bullets how do u no all this.
When bullets are flying at you and all happens in blink of an eye it takes time to react which is exactly what happend here.Press trust of india reporting against pakistan (whats new here).

And yes drivers were told to stop vehicles there so they can be sprayed with bullets you sound like some one that advised George bush on his foreign policy :rofl:.

And any body fighting indians in india held kashmere isnt a terrorist is a freedom fighter make no mistake about it.other wise indians wouldnt have been shitting stones when obama mentioned to solve the kashmere issue.

That is not what I said at all - I believe I clearly pointed out that fighting an occupation and atrocities committed by the occupying force was noble and just.

Back
Top Bottom