What's new

Pak driver's 'jihadi' brother killed in Kashmir

I don\\'t remember generalizing. Please stop accusing!
No one on this thread said anything about 'being better Muslims' yet you brought that up, an justified it with the posts of others elsewhere, so what was the intention other than to generalize?
Yes, and they don\\'t care about you either. They are much better off without your \"help\". And that includes Kashmir.

No need to ruin any more muslim lives in the name of Islam. The Mumbai carnage has thoroughly exposed the ethics of the LeT and similar groups to those who had any doubts about it.

Sorry, but Kashmir is our business, since it is disputed territory, and if the Kashmiri's do not care for us, they will say so in a plebiscite.

They are indeed separastis. That doesn\'t mean however that they will not attempt to take over the Pakistani state if given the opportunity to do so.

The key is secular. Development will follow. Cannot be the other way around. Why don\'t you try it and see where you get ?

No the key is not secular. Muslims countries with Sharia are making progress. Iran is a very good example of this. Their literacy rates for women are much higher than India's.

I am actually quite amused by the nature of your simplistic claims. Things are not as black and white as you are trying to portray them here.

Yet again, refusal to understand the problem. Once you open the pandora\'s box of Islamic radicalism, you cannot close it again.

Learn from Turkey. Look what they had to do in order to keep radical Islam from taking over their country.

And the Turks are realizing that what they did was unnatural. You cannot forcefully shun Islam from the lives of the Muslims. Turkey is opening up too because that is what the Turks are demanding.

Me simplistic? you are the guys propogating Sharia law here. What a joke this is! I\'m off.

Shariah law is the most misunderstood aspect of Islam today.

The word and its meaning has been hijacked by extremists of both sides, those who claim to detest or espouse it.

Most commentators love to dwell on grotesque examples of amputated limbs and stoned adulterers.

While corporal punishment is a small part of the legislative science of the Shariah, the conditions and preconditions in and under which these punishments are to be made are never mentioned nor the fact that they are temporarily discontinued during times of famine or economic hardship.

The shariah also gives equal rights to religious minorities to be judged according to their own scriptural laws, if they so wish.

The harsh interpretations of the sharia seen in the taliban regime is a product of 18th/19th century Hindustani scholarship, coloured by regressive attitudes of the day, and was never meant to be implemented.

We must take Shariah back from saudi/talibani/irani extremists, and own it ourselves, as the moderate path of englightened rule that it was always meant to be.

No the key is not secular. Muslims countries with Sharia are making progress. Iran is a very good example of this. Their literacy rates for women are much higher than India's.

The problem is not about Sharia. Its three fold:

1.Its about the govt capitulating and agree'ing to Sharia under threat of force by the Taliban. Had it been through politicians the situation would be vastly different.

2. ITs about having two systems in one country. If Pakistan had implemented Sharia on a nationwide basis, it was different. They have done it in one region, giving the people of one region the ability to chose what law they are subjected to.

3.It induces other groups, and signals them that if you fight hard enough, you will get what you want or at the very least, GoP would come to the negotiating table.

And the Turks are realizing that what they did was unnatural. You cannot forcefully shun Islam from the lives of the Muslims. Turkey is opening up too because that is what the Turks are demanding.

And that is the reason for Turkey being the MOST progressive Muslim majority state. Its industrial, economic, research strength far outstrips every other Muslim majority country.

Coincidence?

The problem is not the sharia but the views nurtured by deobandis of India. These deobandis have no balls to implement their views in India due to supression they are subjected to in India.

These deobandis are the same who had opposed cresation of Pakistan and now these deobandis are trying to malign true Islam by incorporating their sick ideas misleading the world over peaceful and vibrant Islamic sharia.

The problem is not about Sharia. Its three fold:

1.Its about the govt capitulating and agree'ing to Sharia under threat of force by the Taliban. Had it been through politicians the situation would be vastly different.

2. ITs about having two systems in one country. If Pakistan had implemented Sharia on a nationwide basis, it was different. They have done it in one region, giving the people of one region the ability to chose what law they are subjected to.

3.It induces other groups, and signals them that if you fight hard enough, you will get what you want or at the very least, GoP would come to the negotiating table.

Fighting is not the answer to every problem. Some times you have to sit and talk. I would agree with this step, a truce was necessary, 2 years of fighting was going no where, way too many people have lost their lives.

Secondly this kind of negotiation are only possible in the tribal areas, or the northern areas, where there was not a big influence of government or the army.

Thank you blain2. I think I do know enough about Sharia, and I\'ll not mince my words. I find it disgusting, primitive, and a blot on the face of the 21st century.

I\'d rather live under the Chinese communist party (atleast they are progressive) rather than under religious laws.

Unfortunately, I think that you people are being forced to justify these laws because your state has no choice but to compromise with the forces which are demanding them. I am sure that under normal circumstances, nobody with a decent education could ever try and justify them.

Nearly every war fought during the last couple of hundred years has been for reasons nothing to do with sharia...first world war,second world war,vietnam war,holocaust ect.....would you not say that secularism ,communism capitalism and the other isim that have nothing to do with islam or sharia have bought more death and destruction to mankind then any war fought over religion.
There is no country that runs a sharia system that can we can give a example off.....saudi is a kingdom and kings are not allowed in islam so we can count them out and the taliban admitted that they are more concerned about there culture then islam.
Sharia is used only as political tool to get power but in actual effect no islamic country has a sharia system.....free health care,free ecucation,affordable housing ect......but let me guess you think sharia is about growing beard and chopping heads.

Nearly every war fought during the last couple of hundred years has been for reasons nothing to do with sharia...first world war,second world war,vietnam war,holocaust ect.....would you not say that secularism ,communism capitalism and the other isim that have nothing to do with islam or sharia have bought more death and destruction to mankind then any war fought over religion.
There is no country that runs a sharia system that can we can give a example off.....saudi is a kingdom and kings are not allowed in islam so we can count them out and the taliban admitted that they are more concerned about there culture then islam.
Sharia is used only as political tool to get power but in actual effect no islamic country has a sharia system.....free health care,free ecucation,affordable housing ect......but let me guess you think sharia is about growing beard and chopping heads.

Not at all, first of all, communism is a religion that also brainwashes people when they are three and promotes its ideology using violence.

Secularism does not say create war on any one, or judge people based on their religion, secularism is lack of dogma, its promotes true equality rather than equality of people who belive in my book.

In saudi arabia the king does not run sharia, its the ulema. and today they sentenced a 75 yr old woman to 40 lashes for having two 'unrelated males' in the house.

"free health care,free ecucation,affordable housing" - spain? so the idea is to create spain??? :smitten:

And that is the reason for Turkey being the MOST progressive Muslim majority state. Its industrial, economic, research strength far outstrips every other Muslim majority country.

Coincidence?

Statistics are like a bikini my dear friend, what they reveal is suggestive, what they conceal is "Vital"...

^^No, Its like this. Statistics is like a mini-skirt, it reveals more than what it hides.

^^No, Its like this. Statistics is like a mini-skirt, it reveals more than what it hides.

Ahem... Dont know where you got the miniskirt from, i am actually quoting Levenstein, this quote was on the cover of a book i read when i was in my first year at University.

The quote always stuck in my head....

“Statistics are like a bikini. What they reveal is suggestive, but what they conceal is vital.”
- Prof. Aaron Levenstein

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom