What's new

Pain on top of my eye during landings (help please)

The Diplomat

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Hi PDFers,

I fly around three/four times a year on long haul flights, lasting around 8-11 hours. I recently had a 11 hour flight two days ago and during landing the top left part of my eyebrow of my left eye was hurting really badly. There were three landings that day and I faced this problem during two landings. I had earbuds and during the last landing I put them in my ear and that reduced the pain.

I used to face this problem when I was 11 years old and it only lasted around 1/2 years. I'm now turning 18 soon and this is the first time I've faced this problem in around 7/8 years. I just want some advice on how to reduce the pain to make my journeys as smooth as possible.

I guess the issue is related to air pressure change however are there any changes that I can make to my flying routine that will make a difference?

-----
Personal Information:
Weight:60 KG
Height: 5.9
I have minor sinus issues and sometimes take hay fever tablets.

Last edited:
This isn't a medical forum... Go to to an ophthalmologist.

Sounds like a fluid imbalance due to pressure changes.

This isn't a medical forum... Go to to an ophthalmologist.

Sounds like a fluid imbalance due to pressure changes.
I know this isn't a medical forum, just wanted some basic information to help overcome the problem. Yeah it's probably something to due with fluid imbalance due to pressure change.

That's why I posted on the "member section" as most of the useless threads are there, just like this one. :-)

Hi PDFers,

I fly around three/four times a year on long haul flights, lasting around 8-11 hours. I recently had a 11 hour flight two days ago and during landing the top left part of my eyebrow of my left eye was hurting really badly. There were three landings that day and I faced this problem during two landings. I had earbuds and during the last landing I put them in my ear and that reduced the pain.

I used to face this problem when I was 11 years old and it only lasted around 1/2 years. I'm now turning 18 soon and this is the first time I've faced this problem in around 7/8 years. I just want some advice on how to reduce the pain to make my journeys as smooth as possible.

I guess the issue is related to air pressure change however are there any changes that I can make to my flying routine that will make a difference?

-----
Personal Information:
Weight:60 KG
Height: 5.9
I have minor sinus issues and sometimes take hay fever tablets.

This is called Aerosinusitis or barosinusitis given your history of sinusitis this is not uncommon. There are different grades of the disease, and treatment is symptomatic involving addressing the underline cause.

you are turning....
LOL, that's what I'm afraid of.

This is called Aerosinusitis or barosinusitis given your history of sinusitis this is not uncommon. There are different grades of the disease, and treatment is symptomatic involving addressing the underline cause.
Thank you very much, will talk to my GP when I get back.

i don't think its serious i feel so many pains too in long flying hours

Back
Top Bottom