What's new

PAF to get extra F-16 Block-52+ ?

Pakistan is Non NATO Ally- only because of the war on terror that is
The USA and CHINA Relations was Established through Pakistan- and poland
Pakistan is using Russian RD-93 Engines in JF-17- so??
Pakistan is buying Russain Gunship MI-35- nice, it's a good helicopter
The All USA sanctions against Pakistan were failed
Pakistan were successful in nuclear program defeating all US sanctions
- how good now you have nukes to use again India or anybody now.
Pakistan have very unique geopolitical situation in the region us can't afford Pakistan importance- indeed, but I would say f it let terror reign in the region without us being involved. let china deal wit hit.
America will always be dependent on Pakistan for Afghan problem- not if we decide it isn't our problem anymore. it's a global problem now since the cat is out of the bag.
India is only a big market for Amircan goods- nope
Now The US Arms and ammunition and US embargoes are not working on third world countries because new emerging power China is providing the hi tech military hardware with out conditions and sanctions and off course on very nominal prices you keep your arms in your depots we have the options from Russia and China.

Chall bey. America Born Confused Desi (ABCD). E.ndian Banya! :p:

Pakistan is Non NATO Ally- only because of the war on terror that is
The USA and CHINA Relations was Established through Pakistan- and poland
Pakistan is using Russian RD-93 Engines in JF-17- so??
Pakistan is buying Russain Gunship MI-35- nice, it's a good helicopter
The All USA sanctions against Pakistan were failed
Pakistan were successful in nuclear program defeating all US sanctions
- how good now you have nukes to use again India or anybody now.
Pakistan have very unique geopolitical situation in the region us can't afford Pakistan importance- indeed, but I would say f it let terror reign in the region without us being involved. let china deal wit hit.
America will always be dependent on Pakistan for Afghan problem- not if we decide it isn't our problem anymore. it's a global problem now since the cat is out of the bag.
India is only a big market for Amircan goods- nope

Chall bey. America Born Confused Desi (ABCD). E.ndian Banya! :p:

3861955.jpg

People might by now know that I'm against spending resources on military hardware. I would rather have all this money spent on more pressing issues such as education, health etc. Nonetheless, Pakistan also requires military gear in the fight against miscreants. This fact that cannot be ignored. That also means fighter jets for PAF.

No doubt the Block-52+ are reliable and combat proven platforms. Nonetheless, they are attached with too many strings. Especially, if the supplier happens to be the US. Pakistan always has to rely on an unreliable supplier for spares. Cost is certainly another issue. No matter how cheap this platform comes (even second-hand), it's still quite expensive considering the budget constraints. Not to mention the ridiculous usage constraints. The F-16 has served PAF well over the years. PAF is very attached to this platform. Nevertheless, time has come to bid farewell to the legendary F-16 and focus on the alternatives.

The best option for PAF right now i.e. short-term would be to replace the ageing fleet with as many spanking new JF-17s as possible. Preferably the latest Blocks. It's after all very cost-effective and designed with the intent to replace the vast inventory of the older aircraft. The additional benefit is that the production assemblies are up and running both in Pakistan and China. I would rather spend my resources on improving and addressing the production capacity issue. The JF-17 is here to stay as the backbone of PAF throughout the decades. The F-16s are eventually going to be phased out and never inducted again. The current fleet of F-16s are adequate and should serve as force multipliers.

Last edited:
US has approved the sale of 13 Jordanian F 16 recently

More over the US requirement for Land routes through Pakistan is coming to an end

SO the question is why should US oblige

A lot will depend on Pakistan Afghanistan dynamic and US opinion about
Pakistan's activities in Afghanistan

Slave mentality continues. Doesn't Pakistan know that anything they get from USA is sanction prone and comes with strings attatched?
Why not spend same money to buy sanctions/strings free chinese or Russian stuff or make more JF-17s.

And cobra AH-1Z will effectively finish off MI-35 / 28 procurement and put us back into the claws of USA firmly.
argumental..

People might by now know that I'm against spending resources on military hardware. I would rather have all this money spent on more pressing issues such as education, health etc. Nonetheless, Pakistan also requires military gear in the fight against miscreants. This fact that cannot be ignored. That also means fighter jets for PAF.

No doubt the Block-52+ are reliable and combat proven platforms. Nonetheless, they are attached with too many strings. Especially, if the supplier happens to be the US. Pakistan always has to rely on an unreliable supplier for spares. Cost is certainly another issue. No matter how cheap this platform comes (even second-hand), it's still quite expensive considering the budget constraints. Not to mention the ridiculous usage constraints. The F-16 has server PAF well over the years. PAF is very attached to this platform. Nevertheless, time has come to bid farewell to the legendary F-16 and focus on the alternatives.

The best option for PAF right now i.e. short-term would be to replace the ageing fleet with as many spanking new JF-17s as possible. Preferably the latest Blocks. It's after all very cost-effective and designed with the intent to replace the vast inventory of the older aircraft. The additional benefit is that the production assemblies are up and running both in Pakistan and China. I would rather spend my resources on improving and addressing the production capacity issue. The JF-17 is here to stay as the backbone of PAF throughout the decades. The F-16s are eventually going to be phased out and never inducted again. The current fleet of F-16s are adequate and should serve as force multipliers.

If you spend all your resources on onething then you are bound to fail in others. 101 of economics.
In your opinion it is best to have JF-17's but can you produce like 30-40 planes in 12 months or less? Do you have any idea how much time does it require to train personnel and procure logistics? Hence the best option is to get F-16's that have been flown since the 80's in :pakistan:. They are available in large numbers if PAF decides to procure old and they can be given new ones though some what slowly.

Do you have any idea of the current situation that Pakistan is facing? If yes then you might have not said all that.

Are the Block 52 D's capable of carrying the same amount of electronics as that in the EG 18 growler. IMO PAF should get the 52 D's packed with the same tech as that of the growlers, even 8 numbers of D's will be suffice (if they intend to buy more).
A different but good idea...!

If you spend all your resources on onething then you are bound to fail in others. 101 of economics.
In your opinion it is best to have JF-17's but can you produce like 30-40 planes in 12 months or less? Do you have any idea how much time does it require to train personnel and procure logistics? Hence the best option is to get F-16's that have been flown since the 80's in :pakistan:. They are available in large numbers if PAF decides to procure old and they can be given new ones though some what slowly.

Do you have any idea of the current situation that Pakistan is facing? If yes then you might have not said all that.

I'm not necessarily suggesting to spend all the resources on one platform. Of course, diversification is the way forward, but that's a long term project. However, on a more urgent basis, we need the JF-17 to replace the bulk of obsolete platforms. Most importantly, we need new airframes! Not second-hand fatigued airframes (even if they had an MLU upgrade).

That's exactly what I'm trying to point out. Rather, the capacity issue needs to be addressed. China could assist accordingly in this regard. The PAF is eventually going to "mass migrate" to the JF-17 platform sooner rather than later. One can only postpone the migration process by acquiring more F-16s.

Also, you don't necessarily have to produce massive amounts of JF-17 fighter jets per year. This can be adjusted to budget and technical constraints. As long as it happens which is most important. Eventually, overtime the obsolete platforms will be replaced. Even if it takes longer than initially planned. Pakistan has already invested massive amounts in training facilities etc. I don't find this a valid reason for acquiring more F-16s.

Yes, I know. It's very tempting to go for second-hand F-16 airframes being decommissioned all around the world. Yes, the familiarity aspect also plays a huge role in decision-making. Although, I've tried to sum up the pros and cons. In my view, the cons outweigh the pros. The F-16 merely serves as a stopgap which is eventually going to be completely phased out.

I'm aware of the current situation faced by Pakistan. Pakistan needs more choppers on an urgent basis to fight insurgents. Frankly, the fighter jets can wait a little while longer if we look at it that way.

Last edited:
This is vital time for dear Pakistan to play very wisely and well calculated politiclly and geogrphically.
Gowader is current pivot of the world ...if China its navy stationed at gowader ..and make it a business hub and vital way (silk route) china central asian states and russia even........americans and indians comes in boiling water.....thats why creating always new hurdles including TTP.

Others powers knows this better than us and we should be able to cash.. with strong footed dedicated government and army chief. Mi35...super cobras ..T129s or f16 block 52 or 60 even super sukhois su35......can be easy bi products if tackled properly.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom