What's new

PAF to get extra F-16 Block-52+ ?

27 Pages of pure BS .... Based on rumors !
Thread based on news from personal inside source or from other forums, shouldn't be allowed.

@orangzaib Sir Kindly read the post no. 388 by @fatman17

@fatman17 Sir So if this was just a rumour would this thread be deleted

Well, I did read the post # 388. Fatman may be right that there hasn't been any request for -16's. But there has been requests for a bunch of other military hardware that I was referring to.
However, if Pakistan wants to buy more -16's, used or block 52's, I don't think the US will say no. In fact, if they are used, and Pakistan has the MNNA status, the Pakistanis can talk to the US government, assure them of certain items and they can have these -16's. The US has already provided the -16's block 52. There is nothing new in providing more. In fact, it might create a few more jobs for the US economy. If the PAF wants used ones, they get those at a much cheaper price tag but they'll have to pay for upgrades / refurbishment, which still means a capable plane for less than half the price. Hard to beat.

LOLL, what GOTUS will do is already indicated by what State did to Robin Raphel and by what the the paksitani MoD said about the US's reliability as an ally! Self-evident. :D
Now about the alleged goodies that "Chacha Santa Sam" has supposedly lined up; read

@fatman17's post #388. That may "show you the light." Which is why the PA has had to go to scrabble up Helos from Russia.

How about you go take a few classes on international affairs and strategic defense influence and then come back and write posts?
If MoD made any statements, the COAS was sitting in the US at that time. Care to use some brain activity to understand why?? The answer is, whether you like it or not, the PA and the PAF always welcomes the American warfare systems. End of the story.
Now on the other topic, Mod or anyone has a right to say what or how they think of the situation. The fact is, if you are getting any items from the US, they come under the US laws so there are strings at times that may be attached. So anyone wanting to have less strings in place, I can understand. Second, if you know business, there is something called strategy and supplier diversity.
What this means is that the Pakistani government would explore other cheaper options with less strings attached. Its also building relations with others who can offer platforms that fulfill the need of the Pak Military. In this case, moving Russia from a super pro-Indian stance to providing weapons to Pakistan is very strategic and makes sense. Similarly, the Chinese and the Russians have many systems that are just as good as the ones you buy from the West, but they are cheaper. So everyone has a right to get stuff cheaper and build more economically viable relationships. These are not at the cost of the US relationship with Pakistan. So all is good, the PAF would still love to get a few more squadrons of -16's, that's a fact no one can change :) (and we are back to square one).

You actually replied to Storm Force?
Must be a very boring day for you.

lol, you are right. I should've just realized that was added drama to respond to him on top of an already stressful day. Thanks for pointing it out though :)

Boys this is not a trol so please don't be offended.

This is more a neutral person sees that you fan boys become literally blinded too.
USA has not come knocking your door saying plz take these f16 or helicopters from.us .

The contrary everytime
Pakistanleader
Diplomat or general goes to washington guranteed they discuss the possibility of more arms purchases.

This latest visit by your coas was no different.you asked forb more hardware

The usa gave you a long list of conditions and behaviors they want from you first.

HenceHence two days ago your defense Minster asif made it public in the press USA is not a trusted ally.

That is the nature of your relationship.with USA for last two decades they know how to pull your strings

I have watched the briefing and debates about USA and Pakistan and India in the media.

Especially since last two years.
k.. :whistle::man_in_love:

If used F-16 are not available can Pakistan go for new 18 F-16 with few used F-18s or F-15s from US if possible.

Basel there is plenty of f16 and f15 in their hundreds that USA could sell or even gift you.

But as per your defense Minster explained earlier this week the usa is not a trusted ally.

Ie they won't let you have them.

Asif has let the cat out the bag you asked they said no you can't have more

Basel there is plenty of f16 and f15 in their hundreds that USA could sell or even gift you.

But as per your defense Minster explained earlier this week the usa is not a trusted ally.

Pakistani members do not think there is anything wrong about what ISI has done
in Afghanistan but clearly Americans will not forget and forgive in a hurry

After the US withdrawl there will be plenty of analysis ; debates ; articles ; critiques and reviews

:rofl::rofl:

A fearless poster indeed:enjoy:
Yar what else could I have said? without any provocation he was "scratching" me the again & again with "science fiction" reasons I wasn't able to tackle. Things go really straight on the ground. If He thinks that "Pakistani pilots have to write first an application every time to Uncle Sam for if they can take his f-16 on a "ride" or not?"....I thought He may never had the privilege of seeing how things are done in here.

i wish PAF did not have simplicity policy..thee could have bought Mirage 2000-9 used...same capabilities as F-16 at a very less cost of purchase...
Sir.
Your statement is factually incorrect. M2K9 would need new supply chain to be established. The manufacturing of the plane stopped in 2002. This would be very problematic and expensive. Because of existing supply chain and stores Even bl. 52s would probably turn out to be cheaper. PAF has now evaluates M2Ks thrice and rejected them. MUST TELL you something . The days of the M2ķ are long since over.
Araz

It is just part of diplomacy nothing new US and other countries do the same with Pakistan, did you forgot what Afghan president said about Pakistan "will never visit Pakistan" and then visited Pakistan. Public diplomacy is not full diplomacy its just a little part of diplomacy.

Okay so? Will you Indians grow some brain and actually realize how the world works?

Because neurons don't regrow naturally except some cut axons may repair themselves under favorable conditions.:lol::sarcastic:

Sir.
Your statement is factually incorrect. M2K9 would need new supply chain to be established. The manufacturing of the plane stopped in 2002. This would be very problematic and expensive. Because of existing supply chain and stores Even bl. 52s would probably turn out to be cheaper. PAF has now evaluates M2Ks thrice and rejected them. MUST TELL you something . The days of the M2ķ are long since over.

If M2K9 are not feasible due to aforesaid reason and used F-16s are not available from US as per PAF requirement then what options are left to replace old M-IIIs & Vs? should we try to get used F-18s or F-15s which might be available from few countries? or try to buy some used upgraded Mig-29s or Su-30s from Russia?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom