What's new

PAF Chief in China to discuss upgradation of JF-17, plans to acquire 200 fighters

I don't think that anybody at the forum will have any more knowledge about PAK-CHINA agreement related to JF-17 production other than some media reports, but we have one pic of blk-II which indicates the second production line for JF-17 in China is also active (no country will activate production line to built only one jet)

View attachment 227083
Are you suggesting that China has started to make JF-17 for Pakistan. IF there are 2 production lines then that give maximum 50 aircraft per year. Then add the produced aircraft in PAC so that would give 65-68 aircraft a year. This would become confusing because once 50 aircraft are produced then the block is upgraded.

What about the exports those are also going to start provided a contract is signed. First it was thought that China would manufacture the export aircraft but if these aircraft are to be made for PAF then how would it be exported?

Are you suggesting that China has started to make JF-17 for Pakistan. IF there are 2 production lines then that give maximum 50 aircraft per year. Then add the produced aircraft in PAC so that would give 65-68 aircraft a year. This would become confusing because once 50 aircraft are produced then the block is upgraded.

What about the exports those are also going to start provided a contract is signed. First it was thought that China would manufacture the export aircraft but if these aircraft are to be made for PAF then how would it be exported?

I was not suggesting anything like what you have posted in your post my dear ..... My assumption was simple that other then PAC, Chinese production line of JF-17 for blk-II is also active

Now the question is are they producing blk-II for Pakistan or for export to any other country ... ?? in this regards we know only two things from some previous media reports

- Exports negotiation with some countries are in advance stages
- But there is no officially confirm export order for JF-17 till now

Posted by GUFI in other thread

Air Chief visits 24 Air Div at Tianjin in China
Air Chief Marshal Sohail Aman was given a briefing about latest J-10 fighter aircraft and its capabilities.

Chief of Air Staff Air Chief Marshal Sohail Aman visited 24 Air Div at Tianjin in China.

He was given a briefing about the working of the Div and Chinese latest J-10 fighter aircraft and its capabilities.

The Air Chief also witnessed the aerobatics of J-10 aircraft by the famous Ba Yi aerobatics team of Chinese air force.

He also witnessed the ongoing modifications on JF-17 Prototype -5 aircraft.
Radio Pakistan

At present PAF is not looking towards a replacement of F-16's. It still requires to replace around 200 Mirage III / V's and F-7's.

For F-16's replacement PAF would go for a 5 th Gen aircraft. Till that time F-16's are capable of handling what ever India throws at them.

J-31 or J-20 would still be developed before it is selected by PAF.

Pls go trough this thread also.
Formal Offer for J-31 and also presention on J20
Yes, i exactly mean that J31 will be the replacement of F16.
India's has a bright future but still in imagine, now their Tejas is languid and half-dead. Rafale still in French hand, PAKFA... still three years into the MP stage. Now their elite is still su30mki.
Looks J31 is not imperative. Block3 could handle this, but how long still it takes to serve in PAF in a considerable scale... hope it fast.

I was not suggesting anything like what you have posted in your post my dear ..... My assumption was simple that other then PAC, Chinese production line of JF-17 for blk-II is also active

Now the question is are they producing blk-II for Pakistan or for export to any other country ... ?? in this regards we know only two things from some previous media reports

- Exports negotiation with some countries are in advance stages
- But there is no officially confirm export order for JF-17 till now

It has been active for some time if I am not mistaken. Remember China offered 50 fly away JF-17's a few years back.

Yes, i exactly mean that J31 will be the replacement of F16.
India's has a bright future but still in imagine, now their Tejas is languid and half-dead. Rafale still in French hand, PAKFA... still three years into the MP stage. Now their elite is still su30mki.
Looks J31 is not imperative. Block3 could handle this, but how long still it takes to serve in PAF in a considerable scale... hope it fast.
Correct.
Time is of the essence...Wise men always manage time to their advantage.

I still think the Indians are not going to buy Rafale because it does not jive them any advantage. All they wanted from France was to get info on how to make LCA (Tejas) fly. The French gave HAL new wind tunnel and redesigned the delta wing the aircraft could now fly. The problem was the engine which came from USA, Why INDIA went for this because F-18 can not be sold to Pakistan. (Australia had offered F-18 to Pakistan.)

Now India is in trouble if they go for Tejas only and not buy some Rafale,France may not help them in other projects.
PAKFA will take about 5-7 yrs for it to reach India with the tall Russian order that is to be finished before export can start.

What JF-17 blk 3 would look like is still a long wait so it can not be compared with 5th Gen but it would be enough for the existing inventory of India.

Now if PAF gets a 5th Gen by lets say 5-6 yrs then it is big bonus.

If you have read the latest article on F-22's role against ISIS then you would know what the Jf-17's can achieve with J-31.

PAF requires a replacement for Mirages but still JF-17 is supposed to replace them. PAF also require a heavy fighter.

Though I would love to see that PAF replaces F-16 with Turkish Fighter X. Then Pakistan would have 2 5th Gen fighter aircraft giving high and low mix. The only issue would be the cost.

Last edited:
五代机即使是J-31,那也不是目前亚洲地区部署的任何四代或者四代改进型战机能比的,而价格上来说,一旦中国国产的航空发动机成熟量产,那绝对是富有高性价比的。巴基斯坦的一些朋友说的很对,必须要考虑维护保养,战机的来源太多反而不利于建立完善完善的保养体系。在J31和JF-17的继续深度改进型上,个人认为必须一起进行,甚至来说,可以借鉴J31的一些技术来对JF-17做进一步完善,毕竟,这是巴基斯坦可以独立生产维护的战机,世界上能做到这点的国家没几个!

PD needs to everything possible to strengthen PAF.

Y20, J20 & J31 will go through many testings before they get inducted officially.

PAF SPOKESPERSON
5:46 AM

AIR CHIEF VISITS 24 AIR DIVISION AND
CHENGDU AIRCRAFT INDUSTRY CHINA

ISLAMABAD 03 JUNE, 2015: Air Chief Marshal Sohail Aman, Chief of the Air Staff, Pakistan Air Force visited 24 Air Div at Tianjin China. On his arrival, he was received by Senior Colonel Wang Hongyan, Commander 24 Air Div. He was given a briefing about the working of 24 Air Div and Chinese latest J-10 fighter aircraft and its capabilities. The Air Chief also witnessed the aerobatics of J-10 aircraft by the famous Ba Yi aerobatics team of PLAAF. He appreciated the skills of the Chinese pilots and the maneuverability of J-10 aircraft.
Later on, the Air Chief also visited Chengdu Aircraft Industry Group (CAC) and Chengdu Aircraft design Institute (CADI). He was given a presentation by the management of CADI encompassing various projects of the industry. He also visited the workshops and laboratories and appreciated the work standards being maintained at the industry. He also witnesses the ongoing modifications on JF-17 Prototype -5 aircraft and simulator at CADI. The Air Chief also met with the PAF personnel working at CADI and lauded their contributions and asked them to keep on working with same zeal and devotion. The Air Chief is on a five days official visit to China.

E2jjFoncBI9FmX5YwGP_l7meTVKfj4CGzvzI-I7Jlyk=w681-h559-no

CAS%2Bmeeting%2Bchinese%2Bpilots.jpg

CAS%2Bwith%2BJ10%2Baircraft.jpg

Apart from all wish lists our respected members have, the only thing PAF decided long ago is to have a mix of maximum three variant's in its inventory. This means three types to be operated in next decade, for that what I see is JF-17 as its main stay replacing all Mirages, F-7's and A-5 with Thunder. Second will be F-16's mainly with MLU as they are cheap to acquire and third will be JF-31 with hell a lot of modifications as compared to the object we have seen during Zuhai's air show, that was just a sample or idea of what we be would be having. FC-31 is being re-modified for its rear part as its the weakest for having stealth features, AESA generation 2 radars are being designed for it, which are a smaller version what China has in J-20. New EOTS, jamming systems and HUD system being requested by PAF. The capabilities of stealth are not just in shape it had to have new technologies in it .

I don't think that anybody at the forum will have any more knowledge about PAK-CHINA agreement related to JF-17 production other than some media reports, but we have one pic of blk-II which indicates the second production line for JF-17 in China is also active (no country will activate production line to built only one jet)

View attachment 227083

The picture says: Block II, Number 13.
Correct me if I am wrong?

Back
Top Bottom