What's new

PAF Chief in China to discuss upgradation of JF-17, plans to acquire 200 fighters

It's good stuff! China has ALWAYS been good to us.
Every country looks after it's own interests. It's just in China's interest to have good relations with Pakistan right now and help it in certain ways, but China doesn't allow Pakistan to buy everything it owns because that would not be beneficial for China.

Every country looks after it's own interests. It's just in China's interest to have good relations with Pakistan right now and help it in certain ways, but China doesn't allow Pakistan to buy everything it owns because that would not be beneficial for China.
Like what does China not let Pakistan buy?

Can u explain difference between J-20 and J-31

J-20 is a large fighter built to cover a very large area, with high payload and is confirmed to have super cruise. The J-20 in size is bigger than the F-22 and PakFa. Judging from its payload/range it seems to be built with the ability to operate without backup/support cover. Its also a purely air superiority fighter at the moment.

J-31 is smaller with reduced range/payload compared to J-20 but will also be more economical to maintain, plus its rumored to have air craft carrier capability. Also since it uses same engines as the JF-17 (WS-13/RD93) it makes more sense for Pakistan to acquire it from a logistics point of view. Pakistan doesn't need the J-20, would be overkill and wasted resources. Pakistan doesnt have the same large area as China to patrol.

Last edited:
The question is does Pakistan even wants or needs the J-20.........NO.!!!
Na Bhai.
When it is not coming out of my pocket and All I need to do is shoot my mouth what is the harm in asking for F22 and J20 along with SU35 and whatever the hell one can think of. And obviously we are pleasing the various uncles so much they will give it to us for free. This is the attitude that has brought Pakistan to where it is today.
Araz

Na Bhai.
When it is not coming out of my pocket and All I need to do is shoot my mouth what is the harm in asking for F22 and J20 along with SU35 and whatever the hell one can think of. And obviously we are pleasing the various uncles so much they will give it to us for free. This is the attitude that has brought Pakistan to where it is today.
Araz
I don't believe we have ever received any fighter jets for free, even the F-16s supplied to counter Soviet threat from Afghanistan, were partly funded by Saudis. Depending on certain circumstances. we may have shown interest in the J-31, other than that, i would surely like to know apart from some gunships to fight the WOT, what other worthwhile equipment was showered upon us.

Do you have a statement from AVIC publicly stating that?
Beijing Banned Export of Its New Stealth Fighter — War Is Boring — Medium

I don't hold it against China that at this point in time it's banned the export of the J-20. It's in China's best interest. The poster that I originally replied to seems to be living in an imaginary world where China would do anything for Pakistan. I've seen this mindset often even seen some people think China was going to give a handful of Pakistan JF-17s for free. That's the purpose of my post. I still think China and Pakistan's interests are the same in many areas and that's why they are great allies.

I don't hold it against China that at this point in time it's banned the export of the J-20. It's in China's best interest. The poster that I originally replied to seems to be living in an imaginary world where China would do anything for Pakistan. I've seen this mindset often even seen some people think China was going to give a handful of Pakistan JF-17s for free. That's the purpose of my post. I still think China and Pakistan's interests are the same in many areas and that's why they are great allies.
In the same article, the Americans will also not sell the F-22. Ironic that Clinton infact promised the Israelis the F-22.
But the Israelis will get the F-35 which is in many ways more advanced than the F-22 if not in stealth.
The issue is not what China can or cannot do, but that the cooperation with China is mutual interest but is not one sided. The Chinese learn a lot from the exposure that Pakistan has to western standards and equipment along with design ideals. It not a one way stream.

Hi,

So this guy--Phatoo Ashkeli goes to the fruit vendor and wants to buy a couple of kilos of mangoes----. A person by the name of Murli Jharoos standing close by quipps---" but you cannot buy the bananas "-----.

" Okay "----a listener by the name of Sailani Sailabi says, " that makes sense ".

Back
Top Bottom