What's new

PAF Chief in China to discuss upgradation of JF-17, plans to acquire 200 fighters

Sir,
There is a lot of stuff that goes on behind closed doors which is never disclosed. It may come out due to Snowden type of persons. @MastanKhan the example that you have given can also interpreted as trying to show which is a cheaper product. Coming back to J20 vs J31 we normally compare there performance and take the unit cost for considering price.

We know that J-20 are going to be made for PLAAF hence the production cost will not be passed to PAF. Were as so far J31 is not known to have been ordered by any Chinese defence related forces. We also know that this(J31) will be offered for export as the company would require to recover some of the cost that it has incurred to develop.

If you may recall @Oscar US under Clinton has offered Boeing made stealth fighters to Pakistan for this very reason.

Sir,
There is a lot of stuff that goes on behind closed doors which is never disclosed. It may come out due to Snowden type of persons. @MastanKhan the example that you have given can also interpreted as trying to show which is a cheaper product. Coming back to J20 vs J31 we normally compare there performance and take the unit cost for considering price.

We know that J-20 are going to be made for PLAAF hence the production cost will not be passed to PAF. Were as so far J31 is not known to have been ordered by any Chinese defence related forces. We also know that this(J31) will be offered for export as the company would require to recover some of the cost that it has incurred to develop.

If you may recall @Oscar US under Clinton has offered Boeing made stealth fighters to Pakistan for this very reason.

Hi,

The thing is that Pakistan wants to keep its power base in the sub continent----. It does not need the J 20----so then it is not even a part of consideration----but it can be looked at as an expensive toy----.

Our need is between the JF 17 and the J 31 type of aircraft---and that is where the focus is.

I don't believe we have ever received any fighter jets for free, even the F-16s supplied to counter Soviet threat from Afghanistan, were partly funded by Saudis. Depending on certain circumstances. we may have shown interest in the J-31, other than that, i would surely like to know apart from some gunships to fight the WOT, what other worthwhile equipment was showered upon us.
Windy
Have you left your sarcasm hat somewhere else? Or are you in a mood to destroy everyone. It was a sarcastic post
Sir,

No one has seen future and with surety no one can give time frame of either upgrades of JF17 or induction of J31.
Now if we face say India or any other power in near future pls answer sincerely can block1 JF17 effectively support our 76 F16s in defensive mode. As we may consider F7PGs/F7s as second defense tier.(Even Indian Mig21s now in much lesser use have EW suits/Jammers along with up gradation of Radars)
Meanwhile Pak Mirages can be effective in limited bomber role but in case of Areal combat to me honestly they are ineffective. Further or brave and skillful fighter pilots can't produce miracles with empty hands.
(It is ridiculous approach to be India centric in every defense decision. As in the past we faced threats from Isarael and even faced aggression from NATO.)
We have funds to spend billions on useless projects like Metro which shall require major overhaul in next 20 to 25 Years but we can't afford squadron or two of latest J10bs with AESA radars. We can't afford to have Stealth searching Radars even from China or Ukraine, cant't have High Altitude Air defense systems. Don;t have immediate plans to do anything and try to justify every thing with excuse of budget limitations. It is pitiful situation and required drastic steps.

No one has seen future and with surety no one can give time frame of either upgrades of JF17 or induction of J31.
Now if we face say India or any other power in near future pls answer sincerely can block1 JF17 effectively support our 76 F16s in defensive mode. As we may consider F7PGs/F7s as second defense tier.(Even Indian Mig21s now in much lesser use have EW suits/Jammers along with up gradation of Radars)
Meanwhile Pak Mirages can be effective in limited bomber role but in case of Areal combat to me honestly they are ineffective. Further or brave and skillful fighter pilots can't produce miracles with empty hands.
(It is ridiculous approach to be India centric in every defense decision. As in the past we faced threats from Isarael and even faced aggression from NATO.)
We have funds to spend billions on useless projects like Metro which shall require major overhaul in next 20 to 25 Years but we can't afford squadron or two of latest J10bs with AESA radars. We can't afford to have Stealth searching Radars even from China or Ukraine, cant't have High Altitude Air defense systems. Don;t have immediate plans to do anything and try to justify every thing with excuse of budget limitations. It is pitiful situation and required drastic steps.
can't be said any better

the mirage III/v is almost a 60 year old fighter jet/design so is the mig-21 and this makes up the bulk of the PAF. (They know this and still haven't taken effective meassures into inducting better planes)
from the posts i've read from members who have some inside knowledge as to whats going on, the PAF seem extremely passive, they've basically put all there eggs into the JF-17 basket, which is a huge gamble. Ppl fail to understand that the JF-17 was never built to combat the SU-30MKI or Rafale, its a fighter that gives PAF some intermediate capabilities, its not the solution to the current imbalance against IAF, we dont even have the blk-2 JF-17s in service and the liars in the Top brass keep feeding the public bullshit about how they have x no. of orders from x number of countries yet they've failed to equip there own air force with these planes. now the PAF are gambling with the FC-31.

Guys sorry for spamming as i cant create a thread, can someone from pakistan please help me, i want to send money for the poor people in my town, i was wondering how much is it for a family to survive monthly in pak rupees, as in what are the living costs of an average family. can someone from pak please help me i want to send money amd want to plan my stuff, so in short how much in rupees is it enough for a poor family of 6-10 members toeat and survive in a month? Thanks
They need 6-10 members at least Rs 15000 if still lives a below avg life for just food and basic bills no luxury

Back
Top Bottom